#1 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

So ever since I replaced my GFX card my desktop has been jerky and slow. It seems as if it has something to do with the audio... Sadly I have no knowledge on audio drivers. So this is my question...

I looked in my device manager and found multiple audio drivers... (See picture). I have no idea if I should have that many. Any thoughts? Or if its not that do see anything else that could be wrong? The Video driver is the right one so thats not the issue.

Attached Thumbnails

• devic.PNG

Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

#2 Imagine

Imagine
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

The amount of audio drivers you have is actually normal, windows tends to install some other random but necessary drivers along with the OS. I'd say you should try installing the LATEST catalyst driver but without the Catalyst Control Center and see if that helps in anyway.

PS. I currently have 6 Audio drivers installed :) Most of those are from the HDMI channels on my GT220 card.

Edited by Imagine, 04 August 2010 - 11:41 PM.

They say the future is only as predictable as the past..... Probably because they're the same thing.

#3 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:15 AM

If you replaced your video card, uninstall your video drivers entirely, reboot and reinstall the latest drivers. Always do that when you upgrade video cards.

Then find your particular audio device drivers and update the drivers, that is if your audio comes through another channel (IE; an onboard sound device or a dedicated one instead of say HDMI on your video card).

The amount of sound devices installed is normal. A lot of those are for decoding certain types of sounds, and also inputs and outputs. I have six 'audio' drivers installed at the same time so don't worry about it.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#4 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

Its likely onboard realtek for audio, anyhow i would suspect PSU may not be enough powerful for the new gfx card along other gear possibly.

Onboard audio should be rather unlikely to slow down, you can try getting another realtek driver tho but i doubt that gives much help.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#5 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

Windows and the graphics control center normally flag you when there's not enough power and reduce its capacity so as not to damage anything. Mine did until I figured out I hadn't plugged a 6 pin connector in all the way. There are plenty of ways to reduce that being the cause, and I don't think it is, but then again, I don't know the specs.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#6 Imagine

Imagine
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Yeah MadHQ what PSU do you have. I'm guessing you're running on windows XP.
They say the future is only as predictable as the past..... Probably because they're the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users