Photo

I found a few bugs, or I installed it wrong.

16 replies to this topic

#1 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

So I installed a new version of PR because I wanted to try out a few things off of the mod list. It was vanilla 1.1, unofficial 1.2, some parts of Kitkun's mod. I started up Operation: Shadow Hand as the New Republic because I haven't upgraded my computer yet so the glory that is PR tends to make my computer act like R2-D2 after he got hit with an Ion blast. :p Anyway, I noticed that the Rebels can't upgrade any ships, this was the first time I really tried to play the Rebs/NR at all, so I may just be naive. I could either build the fully upgraded units, or only the very basic ones. The basic ones could only be built on a few planets. Also, there was the bug where hero upgrades have two "buttons". (wrong word?) I was going to upgrade Wedge on Da Soocha 5 but there were two icons/buttons/thingamabobs to let to do that.

Odds are I screwed something up. :p

#2 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:47 PM

I think it's the unofficial v1.2. Something was messed up with the Rebel tech tree via the locking scripts.

EDIT: I finally got around to implementing an idea I had. It seems to have fixed it, check it out. Link.

Edited by Tropical Bob, 14 August 2010 - 10:44 AM.

#3 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:55 PM

Thank ya much!

#4 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:21 AM

I reinstalled PR with the new zip file, it still does the thing where its either the stock ship or its the fully upgraded one...did I break it?

#5 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

I reinstalled PR with the new zip file, it still does the thing where its either the stock ship or its the fully upgraded one...did I break it?

Really? I started a new campaign and it only showed the starting models. Let me check it again.

EDIT: I'm a terrible modder. I forgot to update the other important files for the fix. Link

Edited by Tropical Bob, 14 August 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#6 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Really? I started a new campaign and it only showed the starting models. Let me check it again.

EDIT: I'm a terrible modder. I forgot to update the other important files for the fix. Link

Thanks! I will try this out when I get a few spare moments (or hours). ;)

#7 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

I think I broke the NR tech tree, it doesn't work at all. I haven't really played as the NR that much, but I was under the impression it was like the Empire where you have to research all the upgrades. Also, I was playing as the NR on Shadow Hand, and I didn't receive the price bonus to Mon Cals despite controlling Mon Cal. It was applied to one of the stock units on Mon Cal but no other units. 3rd, I was minding my own business in the Outer Rim near Da Soocha 5, and all of a sudden a Nal Hutta was attacked by the Imperials despite the fact that they had no way to get there. I don't know how they did it but they did.

#8 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:35 AM

Agh. Maybe I'm just breaking everything more and more.

I'm past my prime, man.

#9 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

But you are the Wielder of the Untold Idiom! I'll make a new PR and see if I just copied something wrong somewhere.

#10 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

I made a brand new copy of PR, added the unofficial 1.1 bug fixes, and then the unofficial PR v1.1.2 from 8-14 and its still all goofed up. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong when I move all the files...main problem is with the Rebellion/New Republic Tech Tree. Also, when you go to build Swamp Speeders, its listed as [Missing].

#11 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

I think the Swamp Speeders were missing the text in vanilla PR as well, and I just didn't add the tooltip in. Also, the Unofficial v1.1.2 includes the bug fixes, so there's no need to add those in.

What's the issue with the ARR/NR tech tree? What exactly is going wrong? I just ran a GC yesterday and everything seemed fine.

#12 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

I can either build the stock units, or the fully upgraded units (for the same price I might add). There is no research options, or research building. I can't research hero's either, I can only research heroes on the land interface.

#13 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

I just installed the version from 8-15 on a stock copy of PR, and got this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Are you installing any other mods on top of, or before, the Unofficial PR v1.1.2? What campaign are you trying to play? I always test things on Core and kind of assume that it works in other campaigns, so maybe another campaign is somehow different.

The versions 8-14 and 8-15 both have the same player stories (Only the AI stories were fixed between them), so you should be good to go...

Edited by Tropical Bob, 16 August 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#14 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:53 PM

I just unzipped PR 1.1.1 and then added in unofficial 1.1.2. I think I might be doing the shortcut thing wrong, I'm not sure. I'll delete all my copies and start completely fresh to see if that fixes it.

#15 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

I fail at modding. :p It works now. ;)

#16 Tropical Bob

Tropical Bob

title available

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

Glad to hear! Enjoy the sub-mod until v1.2 comes out!

#17 McDman

McDman
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:58 PM

Glad to hear! Enjoy the sub-mod until v1.2 comes out!

I will! Thanks so much for all the work you (and everyone else) puts into this mod! :p

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users