#21 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

And time was the single a reason why RA was cancelled ;)

FIXED :p
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#22 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

Would've been fun with some more elven units though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Utúlie'n Aurë! Aiya Eldalië Ar Atanatarni, Utúlie'n Aurë!

#23 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Things like this are why I don't really like to show unfinished stuff... I mean, many people seem to think that the fact that we showed you screenshots of lots of Mirkwood stuff meant that it was pretty close to done, which wasn't the case at all. The current Mirkwood implementation is missing, for example, hero powers (those that exist tend to be broken beyond belief), a functional siege system, a significant amount of UI art, a significant amount of general art, and most imnportantly, any kind of coherent faction design. While it wouldn't be as much work as Dwarves due to lack of walls, it would be about the same amount of work as Dwarves minus walls. Which was a painful amount.

So yeah, zero motivation. Plus, Elves are boring as heck, if we were going to do another faction, we'd do Dale or some kinda fun Evil faction :p.

Edited by Nertea, 17 August 2010 - 04:29 PM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#24 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

You don't have to make an entire Elven faction, maybe just a unit or two, a Dale faction would be fun.

Edited by Legolas1, 17 August 2010 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

I do like Elves and don't consider them boring, and certainly thought your conceptual outline for them as Mirkwood when RA was around sounded pretty cool. But I understand your reasoning completely.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#26 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

I think he means that elves are boring as heck, 'cause soo many mods have them.. Yeah, the RA Mirkwood faction would've been something different, but in the end they're still elves, and I agree with him :p
I'm all up for Dale though! ;) Even think I'd sign on as part-time coder to be honest, that much I love Dale.. :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#27 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

I think he means that elves are boring as heck, 'cause soo many mods have them.. Yeah, the RA Mirkwood faction would've been something different, but in the end they're still elves, and I agree with him :p

I think that Elves are easiest to do, since most EA-models are the correct "size" for elves. And EA has provided us with both a barracks and a unit.

Edited by Taralom, 17 August 2010 - 08:49 PM.

If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#28 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

If your gonna add a new faction do an evil faction please ;) I'm tired of all these good faction mods :p I want a evil faction that no one has done and I know it would be really unique since you guys would be making it. And if you need coders I could help :p

safsignature.png

#29 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:09 AM

I don't think they're taking this topic as an opportunity to decide to do a new faction, or hire people...

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#30 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:48 AM

Whatever just saying :p

safsignature.png

#31 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

Hypothetically speaking, I imagine that the only evil faction they could draw out would be one of the Men of the East tribes, like the Haradrim or Easterlings, to act as a historical counter to the dwarves of Erebor, who endured attacks from the men of Rhun in the War of the Ring.

An alternative, and somewhat less likely is the Goblins of Moria buffered by wargs, trolls of various species, i.e. cave, hill, stone, and Gundabad Orcs. But I can't really think of a way of differentiating them from the spamabble Mordor orcs.

Posted Image

#32 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Rhun's been done, Harad's been done, Goblins been done (by EA even) so there's really only Khand, Dunland and Umbar left :p
If Umbar could even be a faction on it's own.. Still, as UK said, Rhun would of course be best to counter Dwarves

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#33 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

Khand and their Variags would be interesting.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

It's nice to dream and all, but I'm not sure why I would subject myself to another full faction of headaches. I suspect the Dwarves took a year or two off my life.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#35 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

Things like this are why I don't really like to show unfinished stuff... I mean, many people seem to think that the fact that we showed you screenshots of lots of Mirkwood stuff meant that it was pretty close to done, which wasn't the case at all. The current Mirkwood implementation is missing, for example, hero powers (those that exist tend to be broken beyond belief), a functional siege system, a significant amount of UI art, a significant amount of general art, and most imnportantly, any kind of coherent faction design. While it wouldn't be as much work as Dwarves due to lack of walls, it would be about the same amount of work as Dwarves minus walls. Which was a painful amount.

So yeah, zero motivation. Plus, Elves are boring as heck, if we were going to do another faction, we'd do Dale or some kinda fun Evil faction :p .

Just curious, did you guys finish all the buildings and animations for said buildings?

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#36 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:05 PM

It's nice to dream and all, but I'm not sure why I would subject myself to another full faction of headaches. I suspect the Dwarves took a year or two off my life.

It could be thought of like that if you really think that the mod was more of a curse than a big hobby. I cannot see myself in your shoes so I cannot say too much about it.

And on a side note, I would imagine that the dunleldings and variags of khand were too small a tribe to constitute a faction unto themselves. Dunlendings would be early shock troops to Isengard, low armour and no available upgrades, but very effective against buildings for their raids against the Westfold. And the Variags were neighbours of Harad and Rhun, expert horsemen and horse archers and some infantry. The Corsairs of Umbar were a division of the Haradrim who were skilled seafaring pirates and raiders, they were feared warriors and archers and their ships held small ballistic weapons. So there isn't enough of Umbar to be a full faction

Posted Image

#37 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yes, maybe just forget it ;) We wouldnt want this to turn into LW with such bland factions :p

safsignature.png

#38 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

Just curious, did you guys finish all the buildings and animations for said buildings?

Good lord no. Enough for the faction to kinda look finished, and technically enough for playability, but beyond that...

It could be thought of like that if you really think that the mod was more of a curse than a big hobby.

It feels like work more than 50% of the time. The part of modding I actually enjoy as a hobby is graphics, but I spend most of my time coding.

sig.png

#39 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

Now you know how I feel with T4A :thumbsupsmiley:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#40 Elegost

Elegost
  • New Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Don't add Elves , because your mod is unique and I don't believe it's a good point to put Elves into it. More over it's the only mod which add Dwarves as a faction , and adding Elves wouldn't be interesting , many mods do that .However , an evil faction like Rhun as Spartan suggest would be interesting. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Elegost, 20 August 2010 - 09:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users