The Captain System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sir Takamahri

Sir Takamahri
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

This is my idea. I'm going to use Rohan as a basis for my example.
Some factions (namely Rohan and Gondor) have a ridiculous amount of heroes. Names like Damrod, Erkenbrand, and Elfhelm. Names that you generally don't hear in the movies but are just too awesome to pass over. So this is where the Captain system comes in. Trained at a special building, captains are trained. They are like heroes, although slightly weaker. Each has a leadership bonus, either all-around or to a specific group of units, and possibly some other powers. For example, while the heroes for Rohan are:
Eomer
Theoden
Eowyn
Theodred (possibly)
Merry
etc.
The captains could be:
Gamling
Grimbold
Elfhelm
Erkenbrand
Hama

So give me some feedback, and tell me what you think of this idea.

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me!
A day may come when the courage of men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day. An hour of wars and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down; but it is not this day! This day we fight!
By all that you hold dear, on this good earth; I bid you stand! Men of the West!

-Aragorn, at the Black Gate T.A. 3019.

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:24 PM

Yeah... but I don't really see what differs this from Heroes? It's basically just, weaker heroes and with no special powers? I have actually contemplated on reducing hero importance in SEE... and make ALL heroes more like this - a boost for individual troops, and only keep MAJOR heroes like Gandalf, Saruman, Galadriel, Aragorn and such, as they are - very powerful units with special powers like magic etc

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users