2 replies to this topic

#1 HeadClot

HeadClot
  • Hosted
  • 7 posts
  • Projects:Gravity's Rainbow - The First Bug War
  •  Gravity's Rainbow Project Lead

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

Gravities Rainbow - The First Bug War is a First Person Shooter Modification based on Red Orchestra Heroes of Stalingrad Engine (UDK/HOS SDK)

The Game focuses around the Sector of Gravities Rainbow during an Large Scale invasion by the Van'nar {A Humanoid Bug Race} from Null Space.

The Gameplay is directed at the player through a commanders point of view of the Sector (Similar to Heroes of Stalingrad's Campaign Mode) Showing where Van'nar Hive Presence and Human Presence depending on what side you are on.

The Game Modes will involve -

Territory - From Classic Red Orchestra and Heroes of Stalingrad.

Countdown - A HOS Game mode with a Gravities Rainbow Twist.

Bug Hunt - A new Game mode Being made exclusively for Gravities Rainbow - This Mode will Play into the overall Multi-Player Campaign

Recon - A Coop Game mode that focuses on tight Squad Tactics, Stealth and Patience - This mode will play into the Overall Multi-Player Campaign.

Will there be Vehicles If so will there be Full 3d interiors?

Yes, I would like to take advantage of the HoS ability to have a Full AI Crew. Initially I would like to keep things simple for the time being. So no Full Vehicle interiors at the moment. But you can expect them in future releases.

You mentioned earlier that there would be Space Combat. Will their Be space Combat on Release of the mod?

I am looking into this quite Heavily and hopefully a Solid yes will be the answer when RO is Released

Is this Strictly Multi Player or does it have a single Player Component?

Strictly Multi player

What Classes for the Human will be in the Core Mod?

Watch this Space

What Classes for the Van'Nar will be in the Core Mod?

Watch this Space

You mentioned a Commanders point of View of the Sector does the Commander have total say where the Players fight next?

In a Sense yes and we are doing this for a good reason. Tactical Decisions by the commander will determine the outcome of the war.

Example - If the Van'Nar are attacking at 2 points.

One will Spell Collapse of the Sector and the other would potentially save lives of millions but the sector would still fall. The Commander will have to see this and choose appropriately. I wanted to give the Commanders a sense of what real life Generals face every day when at war.

How will the Attack and Defend system on the Campaign map work?

The Side that won the last battle will choose the next place to attack. It is that simple.

Edited by HeadClot, 04 January 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#2 Gen.Kenobi

Gen.Kenobi

I'm a doc, not an...

• Undead
  • 1,429 posts
  • Projects:Survive Med School
  •  Your Doc
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Hosting Admin

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

That's a nice start dude!

I can't wait to see some artwork being done.

What's the engine that you're using?

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#3 HeadClot

HeadClot
  • Hosted
  • 7 posts
  • Projects:Gravity's Rainbow - The First Bug War
  •  Gravity's Rainbow Project Lead

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

That's a nice start dude!

I can't wait to see some artwork being done.

What's the engine that you're using?

I am currently Using the UDK (Unreal Development kit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users