• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sleetil

Sleetil
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

What is a "Local Player"?

In script windows, if you're editing a condition, there's a "NOT!" with a checkbox next to it (Condition Options). What is that for?

How do you make scripts Player specific?

#2 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:11 AM

I think 'Local Player' is the player who's folder you made the script under. (E.g. If you make a script in the PlyrCivilian folder, "PlyrCivilian" is the Local Player for that script). That's just a guess though, i could be wrong :p

For player-specific scripts, check out this tutorial :w00t:

Not sure about the other one sorry.

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 Sleetil

Sleetil
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

All right, thanks for the help! :crazed:
And I *THINK* that the "NOT!" box that I was talking about simply means that you negate your condition..

#4 Puzzler33

Puzzler33
  • Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

In my experience the NOT! thing doesn't work. If I have a counter and I have the condition
IF
NOT! Counter 'counter name' is 'equal to' '2'
It won't make it so that it works only if the counter is not equal to 2, I would have to instead do
IF
Counter 'counter name' is 'greater than' '2'
OR
Counter 'counter name' is 'less than' '2'
So basically I think the 'NOT!' doesn't affect the condition, but say if it has worked for you.

Local player is used for your player-specific scripts (and probably some other ones). You create an objects belonging to certain players and somehow your scripts can link condition to consequence as it so miserably fails to do with anything else by creating something along the lines of 'If local player owns this object, do these things (to local player)'. The tutorial should go through the motions though.

Edited by Puzzler33, 29 September 2010 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Sleetil

Sleetil
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:49 AM

At Puzzler33:
*Sighs to confirm the bad news* I tried using NOT! with four different scripts, different conditions, etc.. It doesn't work. :( Oh well. :p

All right. Thanks for the info!

Another question really fast - Is there any way to disable the view of the map in the Palantir? (I don't suppose that removing the TGA file would work?)

Edited by Sleetil, 05 October 2010 - 03:53 AM.

#6 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:32 AM

You mean remove the minimap, but still keep the palantir and buttons there? You might be able to do it with a movie script that either plays a blank movie file, or stops any movies from playing. Have a look at the movie scripts which i think might be under Gameplay or something.

Deleting the TGA file won't do anything, as it will just use the default minimap which is an awful coloured view of your map. However, if you edit the TGA file so that it's just a black square, then that might work.

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Sleetil

Sleetil
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:05 AM

At _Haldir_:
Yes, that's exactly what I want.. All right. I did try using some yesterday, and I've found that using "empty" movie files does nothing - the palantir continues showing the layout of the map; I'll keep checking it out though to see if I can find a suitable movie.

I'll have to wait on editing the TGA file - I don't have the appropriate program for RAW files on this computer. Grr for limited resources.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Sleetil, 06 October 2010 - 01:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users