Dawn of the Dragons - Revised

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:58 AM

First time I joined this place, I came up with the idea of a Dragon faction. It didn't end in total disaster, but some didn't agree and some liked it. Lately, I developed the idea of new Faction Additions, an improved Create-a-Hero, and balance out my Dragon faction.

The Dragon faction, or the "Dragonlords" mostly consist of beings called "Draconis", a race similar to the Lizardfolk of D&D and the Lizardmen from Warhammer. Very few Dragons would actually star the faction, they include "Derogate" as one of the only dragons in the faction. Derogate acts as the leader of the Dragonlords, he created the Draconis by using a powerful orb he found above the Grey Mountains. After the accumulation of vast wealth, Derogate persuaded some other dragons into his service in the quest for treasure and power.

The Dragonlord faction's units and structures would cost more than normal, and would be less durable than even elves. But, they would be excellent Late-game faction; they get beefed up as you progress.

A new campaign would join the Dragonlords, the first mission being Draconis forces try to steal treasure from goblins, but they are trapped inside a abandoned dwarven mining complex. The goal is to kill the goblins to keep them in line, plunder treasure from the goblins or dwarven ruins, and escape the mountain. Near the end, the Draconis would find a Nazgul and follow him out of the mountain. They would become surrounded by Mordor forces and Derogate bargains with the Ringwraiths. In the end, Derogate and his forces join Sauron in the destruction of the Free People.

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

I don't think you understand how much work this is. Unless you want a bunch of dragon clones.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:23 AM

This is a Idea Forum, just saying...

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:25 AM

I am aware. I'm just saying that it's a godly amount of work.

Perhaps if you made it more of a story mod? Like a campaign based around one Dragon's life and story through the times of war. Who he/she/it meets along the way, ect... That way you don't need to make an entire faction... But it still is unique and creative.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:41 AM

Thank you. I just thought a new Faction would be more fluid than a single Dragon, it would get boring if you control only 1 unit I thought.

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:44 AM

Well you could recruit allies.

#7 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

Derogate did start as a normal dragon, and then he moved above the Grey Mountains. In ruins, he found an Orb that held powerful magic. He made his first Draconis with the Orb. With his Draconis, Derogate amassed riches and persuaded other dragons to his cause. Overtime, the Draconis growed in number with their hatcheries. Later, the combined work of the Draconis and Dragons built a great fortress, Minas Dracos.

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

Nothing wrong with a little creativity :w00t:

Edited by Kwen, 27 August 2010 - 07:06 AM.

#9 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

Thank you.

#10 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

http://www.arwen-und...eng_to_elv.html

Perhaps this is a usefull link to you. Minas Dracos sounds a bit off, imo. There's a list of english words with their Elvish translation, which might get you a full-fledged elven name?

As for the faction, if you want to try and do this, be my guest. Just know that it's a major workload. In the end, if you have spent several years skinning, modelling and coding, you might just be disappointed by the amount of fans. But we'll see how far you can get and maybe I'm totally wrong? Who knows :p
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#11 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

I came up with Morlhûg "Dark Dragon", though that would be more suitable for Derogate. The Elven dictonary just didn't have the names I was looking for.

So, looking through the LOTR wiki, I came up with Minas Morlhûg. (Even though thats the thing I came up with it earlier.)

#12 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Also, it would have new Faction Additions. Here are Goblins.

Goblin Additions

Goblins would get two new units and one new Hero. One is the Goblin Blackblades, a small but elite swordsmen horde. The other are the Goblin Snipers, the sister archer horde of the Blackblades. The new hero is the Goblin Shaman, a magic-using goblin warrior. Shelob is removed from the goblins, however. The new Goblin Ringhero is the Balrog.

Goblin Blackblades
Cost:
Blackblades function as the elite swordsmen horde of Goblins. They are tougher, stronger, and more agile than normal goblin warriors; at the cost of being more expensive. Blackblades are trained at the Goblin Cave, making the structure more valuable.

Goblin Snipers
Cost:
Snipers are similar to Blackblades, as they act as an elite horde. Snipers are deadly compared to normal goblin archers, and their price is worth it.

Goblin Shaman
Cost:
The Goblin Shaman is the new hero of the Goblin faction. He uses several powerful magic abilities, and makes a good mid-to-late game Hero. He can heal nearby allies with Black Renewal and burn enemy units with his Udun Fire ability.

Edited by Dragonzilla, 27 August 2010 - 09:34 PM.

#13 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:11 PM

Wait, let me get this straight...

You want to add Dragons... and goblins?
Dude, if you have no life, no need for spare time and a bunch of 1337 computerskills you will get this done. If not, I wish you the best of luck to get as much work done before you see it is impossible by yourself :p

Edited by Taralom, 27 August 2010 - 11:13 PM.

#14 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

That was mean.

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:42 AM

Can we stop this harsh demotivation of new people, please? It's not like we're overflowing with fresh blood here.

@ Dragonzilla, read tutorials and get some skills, then show them off. That's the only viable advise I can give.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#16 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

Can we stop this harsh demotivation of new people, please? It's not like we're overflowing with fresh blood here.

sorry, I did do that. Wasn't my intention really...
It's just that the workload is insane and i feel Dragonzilla is underestimating it.

I stick with the rest of your post, though.

#17 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:08 AM

If he follows my advice, he will find out the implications and complications of the undertaking himself. :p

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#18 Dragonzilla

Dragonzilla
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Well, I tried to Mod, but i screwed something up, I didn't know how to fix it. Now, I misplaced the disc. So yah, I'm a failure. But please keep your negative comments to yourselves.

I'm a dreamer, especially about the stuff I like... (Sigh)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users