some issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_PrOzAk_*_*

Guest_Guest_PrOzAk_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hi all.

Pend is there any chance to fix those *annoying* movement issue when moving large groups of tanks that either they block each other, or when they dont know which is the best path for walking into a narrow pass?

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Hi all.

Pend is there any chance to fix those *annoying* movement issue when moving large groups of tanks that either they block each other, or when they dont know which is the best path for walking into a narrow pass?

I know this topic is more than a month old, and sorry I didn't reply to this early, I've been busy with a lot going on. I only just noticed it went unanswered.

Unfortunately the path finding behaviors are hard coded into the engine. There is no variable to edit, or behavior I can set that can make the units "not retarded". The issue comes in when you have huge groups of units moving together. They see each other as stationary obstructions and try to plot paths around each other. They never actually see each other as moving objects that they could simply "follow" into the narrow pass. If 1 tank blocks the pass, even while moving, the other tanks will try and go around.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users