75 replies to this topic

#1 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:Working on YR Mod

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hai all :grin:
Well here I am, coming from shadow. Well, somewhat it is true by all words cause this is first time to create a thread about any C&C game after all those years of playing and modding. Yeah, its true, this is first time to say anything public. I was working all those years myself, I never had help or anything aside. I was teaching on my own mistakes (oh yeah, there were lot mistakes in past, especially typos in Generals Zero hour modding when just one badly phrased word cost me lost of my mod which I was working months on it). Moders from Revora and creators of Mental Omega, YR Zero Hour, Yr Squared, Beowulf Rules, Cannis Rules, , NPatch, RockPatch, Ares and others know that is best when you learn on your own mistakes. So this is first time ever to me to visit some modding site, I visited only mods, sites of mods. And sometimes check out of new tools. I have OSHP Bulder, Hva Editor, Voxel Section Editor, XCC Mixer and some other tools necessary to work. Well, I am probably (sure) not better than any of you, but I have enough of knowledge to make a mod, especially it is success that I worked all of time myself without anyone's help. Until now.
Recently, I registered here, and was active only in Speeder's thread ,,What aou like to see in MO 3.0". I gave him some ideas, well it all depends of him if he is going to use some. Anyway, I showed to him my unfinished mod which I am serious to complete, but I cannot promise anything. I have here a tons of mods, 5 folders x over 150 files inside them, just for Yuri's revenge files! I do not ocunt 14 GB of material for generals and its mods.
Posted Image
This is how looks like one of my folders.
I have over 10 unfinished mods which will never get cpmplete dues to lack of my free time and such.. This one i hope is different because I already did some progress and I will show you some informations about.
First, I showed today informations to Speeder, and he told me that it is better to show it publoc, so I can get wider response. Also, Speeder gave me links of trike model which is for public use because I was using his model which is not for public use.
So I decided to ask here people for opinions about mod because most likely it is going to be public.
because I have to write so lot, I will just paste one part which I send to Speeder because it is same what I would to write here.

First what you have to know about my mod Psychocalypse.
Mod doesnot have countries. Just three armies: Allied Coalittion, Soviet Union and Yuri's Empire.
Allied Coalition has all of Allied special country unit, with some additional or redesigned stuff. Soviets same. Yuri has also lot of additional stuff.
here is what I send to Speeder about Yuri.

Here is one screenshot of my mod
Posted Image

Yeah, as you can see, Yuri's side has additional stuff.
First, what you cannot see is redesigned Bio-Reactor. Previosly, it produced 150 power plus 5x100.
Now, it produces 150, plus additional 150 when you insert a soldier inside. But you can add only one soldier. I did that because reactor's Vats are half full when Bio reactor is empty, but not matter if you add one or five soldiers, it has just one animation. So, i left one soldier to fill its vats.
Also, another disadvantage is Psychic radar. It is standard psychic Sensor, but in my mod, it doesnot have any of abilities except providing radar! So, no sensors, no movement detection in radius, no spies and cloaked detection. But instead that, Psychic Reveal in two minutes instead of four. Maybe I will reduce it just to one minute od 1,5 and make psychic reveal to requires power, so it wont function in low power situations.
Why I changed down those two buildings?
In my screenshot, look at those two buildings. You can see Yuri's Command Center and Psychic Beacon.
Psychic beacon is now advanced psychic sensor because psychic sensor lost its psychic abilities. What Psychic beacon odes now is to get psychic reveal radius in whole map! it canno detect spies or cloaked units, but an reveal movement in whole map. So enemy doesnot need to move around sensor anymore (like before, 15 cells), you can see any unit where is moving in whole map. Not matter civilian or enemy ones. If Tank is going from point A to point B, always line will be drawn between tank and point B, until tank stops moving.
Yuri Command Center. I found its purpose long time ago. I am using it in my mods.
It serves as advanced power source. Actually it produces power thanks to its huge solar panels. Converts energy from sun and other stuffs into electrical energy. Command Center costs 2000$ and an be build only one, like Hero or superweapon. It produces 1000 power. That is why I scalled down Bio Reactors, to get new little better power source.
Similiar I did to Nuclear reactor. it can be build only one at time, cost increased from 1000 to 1500$, strenght from 1000 to 1500, and Nuke Payload death weapon decreased (damage modifier) from 0.5 to 0.3. So, now it is more resistant to damage and when destroyed it does less damage to base, but still explosion can destroy several buildings around and leave huge radiation. And reactor can be build only one at time, but there is mini reactor added. Cost 1000 and brings 700 power source. When destroy it, it exlodes like IFV terrorist, damaging units around and leaving medium radiation.
But to get back on my screenshot, You can see Yuri's Fortress.
It is Yuri's ultimate and the most important building after Command center. That building has multiple purposes. First off, all vehicles and units get auto heal, repair (like one tech hospital and tech machine shop), then you get money like you captured two oil derricks, 4000 strenght. Build Cost 5000$ and can be build only one at time.
Only Yuri's Fortress in last mission is little better. It has 5000 strenght and paratroopers ability. (here in my mod) But his generals and commanders get little weaker Fortress, but still worth that money. Its because Yuri wanted his forces to have great support this time, so his fortress produces fresh mechanical parts as Machine shop, and medical supplies. Also it recieves transaction from Yuri's bases and hidden accounts and bases over world.
Yeah, I wanted all Sides to have one building which serves to get you money just like one oil derrick, but instead of oil, you get money from transaction (because there is no oil in moon).
You can see redesigned magnetron. Its not magnetron anymore, it is demoler. nstead of magnetic turret, it has now Artillery turret just like Soviet Siege Chopper. Same weapon. Because when Yuri was with Soviets,they have plans for that artillery weapon, it was under development. Soviet decided to use it in Chopper, Yuri in vehicle.
What happened to Magnetron? Well, Magnetron is now in flying version. Magnetron disc! Same health, speed like Floating Disc, but voice from original Magnetron unit, and new moving saucer's sound. Weapon is same as Magnetron's just is ROF increased from 110 to 100, and maybe damage little. Now Disc can drop tank into water and boats into ground.
Chaos drone is redesigned, now chaos gas lasts longe,r it affects more cells 4 vs 3 previosly, in addition, it created chaos clouds, not just chaos gas. Those clouds are similiar to Virus clouds but are red instead of green, and lasts half less than virus ones. When it effects enemy unit, it goes berserk like it is affected ba original gas. As more as Chaos drone fires, more gases creates. Drone now is little faster and little more health has as I remember good. COst increased from 800 to 1000$
MasterMind now captures just 4 units.
Floating and Magnetron Disc has increased armor. From 600 to 700
New transport Disc. Soviets got Hind transport, similiar like Nighthawk, but transports 6 units, and has 300 strenght and 12 speed, cost 1100$ (nighthawk transport transport 5 units, 200 streght, 15 speed and costs 100$). Both Hind and NightHawk can transport only one siye soldiers, so no Brute or drones inthere.
But Yuri's Transport Disc transports units and has same strength like Hind, speed like NightHawk, more sight (Disc 9, Hind and Nighthawk 7) and self healing ability, and can transport 2 size units. Costs 1200$
None of all three transports are invisible to radar. Disc has best abilities from NightHawk and Hind, plus can self heal and transport 2 size units, but also little higher prize and is unarmed.
You can see this helicopter. its is Robo Chopper. Idea and cameo used from from Death From Above Mod. I liked that mod, it brings just three aircrafts and paratroopers, technicals to all sides. Anyway, my Robot chopper looks different (its Comanche in Yuri's scheme, not some green helicopter), and has different weapons. It has Powerful Machine Gun for Infantry and aircraft, and High Explosive missiles to ground targets. Costs 1500$
Well it is based on same helicopter platform as Hind and Siege Chopper which were in final stage when Yuri were still with Soviets. Hind and Siege Choppers have same speed and movements, same strength, same cost 1100$ and same weapon, as Night Hawk (which proves that they also share same platform with that helicopter too, created when Allied and Soviet were ,,Allies" before Soviets attacked them in RA2) just Siege Chopper transport Deployable Cannon, and Hind has slots and sits for 6 soldiers inside. Yuri's helicopter differs from All three. Instead of Pilot it is controlled by computer, which means that cabin for electronic system is smaller which means that it has more space for weapons. That is why it has powerful machine Gun. Instead of transporting Cannon or soldiers, it has powerful rockets, and more armor and enhanced engines (because of heavier armor). of course that robotized system and weapons requires higher cost. I just tested Robo Chopper vs Patriot Missile. And both died in same time, they destroyed each other after few shoots!
Well you can notice your unit from MO, Speeder Trike.
Just in this case, I have to change it due to my mod nature. It is not called Speeder, it is called Combat Trike here, it has little more strength and speed than yours, it has weapon from deployed GI, it has voice from GLA combat cycle instead of Rocket Buggy, and cannot probably rush over walls and soldiers. Also doesnot have slot for one soldier to fire outside. Costs 500$. Not matter, you will be fully credited if I release it official once or put screenshots public.
Infantry. You can notice black Attack Dogs. They are same like Allied or Soviets. I did it because i removed Psychic sensor detection radius which were 15 cells. Also, there is no Yuri Prime to detect from longer range than normal Yuri clone. Yuri Clone is called psycho now and has different cameo. Brute got higher strenght. Virus gun got enhanced range from 10 to 12, lower ROF to match Sniper's ROF, and decreased Elite weapon range, from 16 to 14.
New infatry, Alien infantry called Blade Alien. You know, Aliens are like Scrins, like bugs. Yuri used Allien DNK, mixed with human, clone it to make better immune sodliers which can fight both on our planet and outside! Their immune body is immune to radiation, mind ocntrol, poisons, cannot be crushed or attacked by dogs, and have more strength than standard Forces. Still less than Brutes. They fire Alien plasma laser, similiar to Lunar laser, but green. Costs 600$
Hero unit. Splinter Cell model from YR Argentina. Black seal with Night vision. Phantom. He is the most trained and best soldier in the world. Allies have the high trained and best soldiers, but this one is exception, he is better than any soldier. he is unique, multi role hero. Like several allied units into one. First off, he can swim into water like Seal. Second, he has Sniper gun, like Sniper when enters into IFV. But that IFV sniper gun has been fixed, it doesn't have silencer anymore and reveals on fire now, but can attack infantry only now, cannot shoot vehicles. Still, this enhanced sniper gun has 2 more range than normal one, which means that Sniper vs Phantom, Phantom will always win. Plus, Phantom like all heroes, has more strenght than regular infantry, which means than Sniper must shoot him twice to kill him (if Sniper is not elite). However Hero can be build only one, two with Cloning Vats. Third, Phantom can enter in buildings like Spy, into barracks, Refineries, Power power plants, radars, super weapons, tech centers... Forth, He has on his backpack small shockwave device, so if he is near to buildings or vehicles, click him to deploy, he will release sockwave damaging nearby enemy or civilian buildings and vehicles. I did that because you are unable to win with Hero. he will enter to buildings like Spy, you cannot destroy buildings to win. Now you can, however it si hard and little buggy.

Well thing which I did not say to Speeder (I forgot) is that Yuri can build Yuri Statue as high tech and powerful defense! Yuri Statue costs 2500$, has a huge strenght 3000, Prism Laser, but fires faster than Prism Tower, without recharge, Drains 100 power, its capturable by engineer, ovewrpowerable (which means that Tesla trooper or Alien infantry can charge it to function in low power situations. Comparing to Grand cannon, its nice alternative.
Alien infantry can charge it, just set it near Statue or order him to shoot at Statue. Well, it is primarly designed for 5 mission with Soviets when you need to get to Rocket Launchpad. There you can capture Statue with Engineer (if you manage that) and charge it with tesla troopers if you do not have power. I did not know that until recently, until I looked at codes and noticed Overpowerable=true code. Well, now Yuri can charge it with Alien infantry, no need to capture tesla troopers.

Now, time for more screenshots.
Posted Image
here you can see winning. With all Yuri stuff at disposal.

Posted Image
Here you can see Yuri Statue and Yuri's fortress.
people, to inform you all. No mods are using Yuri's command center or Yuri's statue because they do not have buildups and Yuri Fortress is buggy. You cannot have it on lunar or desert maps because it will become large green cube. I fixed that, so now you can have Fortress where do you want.
I am planing to add for each side one building which serves like oil derrick but instead giving you money via oil, it will give you money via transaction.
What you think about it?

Posted Image
here are Yuri's buildings available.

Posted Image
here are Yuri's infantry, vehicles and aircraft available. You can see enhanced Chaos Drone what can do.

Now say hello to communists!
here are Soviets. They got some changes too, like i explained above with Niclear reactors. It can build only one, cost increased from 1000$ to 1500$, strenght from 1000 to 1500 too, Nuke Explosion reduced from 0.5 to 0.3. Added new mini reactor which explodes less, requires less space, provides you 700 power, costs 1000$.
Kirov Zepelin redesigned too. Now his speed got enhanced by three times! His armor got decreased at half. Still he is the most stronger unit available. New unit, Hind, like I explained transports 6 units, cost same as Siege chopper, same speed and strength.
tesla Trooper now costs 600$ but cannot be crushed and is immune to poisons and radiation. ALso has little more armor from 130 to 150.
Desolator got now his umbrella effect when deployed. And is immune to poisons now.
Demolitions truck got new model and cameo. Got more armor, new Nuke explosion effect, larger radiation, cost increased from 1500$ to 1750$, and requires Battle Lab instead of radar.
Also, Hind's voice is now voice from Flack Track, with some changes of course.
Flack Track now has voices from Flack Trooper, and Flack Trooper has now voices from Soviet civilian.
Boris now got higher damage against tanks. Now, he is enhanced with special explosive bullets for his Ak-47

here are screenshots
Posted Image
Soviet buildings guys!

Posted Image
Soviet units, infantry and aircraft

Now, time for Allies. Yeah, democratic bastards, they abuse word of democracy, they are not better than Soviets or Yuri. Business organization.
Anyway, here are changes for them.
Snipe doesnot target tanks and buildings anymore. IFV sniper doesnot have silencer anymore, he has Sniper shoot sounds, however that gun has still larger range and smaller rate of fire than sniper's gun.
Rocketeers now cost reduced from 600$ to 500$, and their armor has been improved from 125 to 150.
I will add Chrono Reactor for them, similiar like Mini Nuclear rector for Soviets, but will be build only one and doesnot have death wepoan when destroyed, because Allies have ,,clean" weapons, especially ones which Einstein has designed.
Now Black Eagles requires Battle Lab to be build, cost more from 1200$ to 1750$ and are faster now by 25%
Grand Cannon now requires Battle Lab to be build, cost increased from 2000$ to 2500$, and his armor got increased for 1/3!
Battle Fortress cannon crush vehicles anymore. They has more armor now by 1/3 to match apocalypse, now has 6 slots for infantry to fire outside, his speed got decreased for 25% and cost from 2000$ to 1750$.
New infantry, Mortar GI. Costs 900$. Same as Gi or Guardian GI, but when deploys he fires Cannon similiar to Siege chopper, but smaller range (10 vs 12cells) and damage, and rate of fire. Logically, short personnel Mortar cannot match range of huge Cannon ones. But when enters into Battle Fortress, then can match their range, and does same damage, but fires faster!
Here are screenshots
Posted Image
Allied buildings.

Posted Image
Allied units, infantry and aircraft except planes, I forgot to build them for screenshot.

So, people, more changes will come probably, more maps, more stuff, I need your opinions anyway.
And I will change navy do not worry.
Also, I need to put credits for people which models, graphic or ideas I am using. i will do that as son I can cause I am tired now, several hours I am writing this post.
Anyway, Speeder, man, your comment on mod? Anyone else? Comments, suggestions, ideas?
maybe you have some of your ideas or reosoruces which you want me to use in mod. tell me, I will consider. Until now, I worked alone and asked only my friends for opinions, now I ask anyone.

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:05 AM

No offence but I'm not even gonna bother reading it all. If you want to advertise/annouce a mod then make at least the post appealing. Break down your text into readable paragraphs, make a clearly separate entry for every unit/building you want to talk about.

I'm not saying anything in the mods bad but if you want any attention then please make it readable.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

OmegaBolt, nice to see you, and thanks for reading.

I know that I should make it lower, this is my next steep. But before I write description for each unit, i must know if you people like current ones. So just look at screenshots and say if it is good, then I can write easy descriptions.
But now, like i said, it is in development, and it is discussion about it. So, before i write description about units, I need to know if you are pleasant with current ones in screenshot. So I can work on step 2.

#4 sansko

sansko
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Projects:MO dutch translation

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

good mod, im a modder too.
funny enough i got a splintercell like spy im my own mod, its called an infiltrator and has only a mp5 as weapon, but he can steal vehicles

keep up the good work

BTW were do you get your voxels from (exept for YR argentinia)
If you don't know what to do, then think about something to do.

#5 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:52 AM

To be honest, you've crammed too much text for everything you've posted here. You overexplain everything, as if we aren't going to understand each change. I'd edit your post and remove about 90% of the text.

As far as your changes go, you've got some room for improvement. If you want to change Yuri's power system, I'd suggest using the Mini-Bio Reactors as small generators with only one occupant, and use the regular Bio Reactor for the massive power. The Yuri Fortress and Yuri Statue aren't very good looking buildings, and there's a lack of buildup for the Yuri Command Center. The shadows on the Alien need to be fixed (I had fixed these at one point of time) and you could probably find the old PixelOps Yuri Psychic Beacon if you looked hard enough in the community.

All in all, as an experienced modder I'm not going to be interested in a project like this as it doesn't address many balance issues within the old game, nor does it expand on the gameplay mechanics or improve the graphics beyond a few simple voxels. However, there are people who are into light modifications like this and I suggest you keep mastering your mod for your target audience.

#6 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Attached the fixed alien shp.

Posted Image

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

Apologies but I lol at the wall of text.

You need to break it down into paragraphs which are readable and use stuff like bullet points.

Also jpeg = blurry image = reduced image quality.
Posted Image

#8 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

good mod, im a modder too.
funny enough i got a splintercell like spy im my own mod, its called an infiltrator and has only a mp5 as weapon, but he can steal vehicles

keep up the good work

BTW were do you get your voxels from (exept for YR argentinia)

Thanks Sansko! Nice to see you here man! Thank you for replying.
Well, that is my multi role hero which can be used for various stuff. I need to find way out how he can fire at buildings even he is spy.
Well except from YR Argentina you can find models here
http://www.ppmsite.c.../index.php?f=49

here
http://graveyards.cn....php?page=downl

here
http://zombapro.net/depot/

here
http://cnc.raminator.de/

ALso, read furthe text, I will do lot of changes

To be honest, you've crammed too much text for everything you've posted here. You overexplain everything, as if we aren't going to understand each change. I'd edit your post and remove about 90% of the text.

Well do not worry, this is only pre-work. I am working on much bigger, I am using Ares now!

As far as your changes go, you've got some room for improvement. If you want to change Yuri's power system, I'd suggest using the Mini-Bio Reactors as small generators with only one occupant, and use the regular Bio Reactor for the massive power.

haha, I remember that thing, that small bio reactor.

The Yuri Fortress and Yuri Statue aren't very good looking buildings, and there's a lack of buildup for the Yuri Command Center.

All three lacking at buildup.
But I am doing lot of changes to them. However, I only disagree that they aren't good looking, for me Yuri's Fortress is the most beautiful structure in game. Then Yuri's Command center, then Statue. That is why I am using them, mods are not using them, I have to be little unique, I wonder you experienced modders like to see overused things over again.
Yuris Fortress can be destoryed, then rubble will left, Engineer can enter that rubble and it will rebuild Fortress with 1% strenght.
You wanna see a snow falling, check out my test forum topic
http://powercentral....post34.html#p34

The shadows on the Alien need to be fixed (I had fixed these at one point of time) and you could probably find the old PixelOps Yuri Psychic Beacon if you looked hard enough in the community.

Aha, OmegaBolt uploaded that. About that Yuri PSychic Beacon, I will listen your suggestion, I know that there in Yuris revenge argentina is Psychic Beacon with Yuri's cheme.

All in all, as an experienced modder I'm not going to be interested in a project like this as it doesn't address many balance issues within the old game, nor does it expand on the gameplay mechanics or improve the graphics beyond a few simple voxels.

Wait for improvements man, like I said, it is only pre-work. I am sure you want to see unique stuff like
snow falling in Yuri's revenge, unique never seen before sounds for Magnetic units (2 of them which I made personally), Maps on moon and such...

However, there are people who are into light modifications like this and I suggest you keep mastering your mod for your target audience.

Thanks man! I am really glad that you helped me with ideas and you were posting into my thread.

Attached the fixed alien shp.

Man I like you, thanks lot!

Apologies but I lol at the wall of text.

No need to apology, you just said the truth. Thank you for posting too!

You need to break it down into paragraphs which are readable and use stuff like bullet points.

yes I know. I am going to create my small forum just for my mod. In addition, I will post some informations here of course. But its not going to be finished immediately, however I am giving my best.

Also jpeg = blurry image = reduced image quality.

Well it is .png to be more precious.
Anyway, famous Allied General replied to my thread! Awesome! You people bring my moral to keep working, however I am doing alone so I cannot finish it in days, but soon... Very soon...

Edited by MasterHaosis, 23 September 2010 - 01:29 AM.

#9 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  •  StarCraft 2

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:55 AM

Wait for improvements man, like I said, it is only pre-work. I am sure you want to see unique stuff like
snow falling in Yuri's revenge, unique never seen before sounds for Magnetic units (2 of them which I made personally), Maps on moon and such...

I've seen rain and snow used in Robot Storm. Future Crisis and RA2: Madness used rain as well. MiG Eater had, at one point of time, developed a cloud effect for use in the game. Robot Storm implements a completely new library of sounds, removing complete traces of every YR sfx in replacement for more authentic and realistic sounds. Maps on the moon are rare because the lunar theater is limited in possibilities, but even then Mental Omega has it's own game mode devoted to such maps.

My own mods have their own unique features, with ideas not explored by any other mods for various reasons. Unique-per-side MBTs, each with their own special ability, are never seen anywhere in mods. "Researches" and support powers using 0x0 foundation structures add to making each outcome different than the next. Playing on concept ideas have allowed me to develop a true interchanging tech tree for Yuri's army. And most of this is all without Ares or NPatch. (I eventually plan to incorporate Ares for a much more intricate 'm666 gameplay' feel)

What many don't realize is that YR is probably one of the easiest and most powerful engines to mod in the 2D RTS scene, and most of it comes not from Ares or NPatch but pure modding ingenuity. 0x0 foundations were used long before any public tutorials, and there are ways to keep an old experience new and challenging for even the most skilled and understanding of players.

Well it is .png to be more precious.

I hate to nitpick but according to Firefox's "View Image Properties" function I see both PNG and JPG images.

#10 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

Well, i think what most look for is any innovation changes of gameplay as basic YR is mostly played out given soooo old game now and countless RA2/YR edit mods like mental omega have pretty much done countless things to date so true innovation is damn hard so personally i twist the history and rewrite some to justify different approaches to give some freshness.

Amazingly enough, RA2/YR is insanely underutilized in many features the engine has and original game hardly uses most or its one instance so taking advantage of this to think outside the box can probably do something funky ^_^

I would suggest you move that howitzer turret a little bit forward with the turretoffset on that magnetron body (so it would look more right when it turns and maybe scale shrink wideness to fit into hull if need) and you could try your hand for further editing of voxels to come up fresh units from common parts than just use as is as thats what most are used to doing.

In time you will move past just buffing units and making whole new approaches to customize the game to your thinking and your vision is the one that should drive it as opposed to public demand, trying please public 100% the time is only gonna make you undecided given diverse opinions while else incorporate fitting suggestions into your vision as you see they could fit.

Needless to say, Internal Errors will be your bane all thru the modding process for you to conquer :unsure:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#11 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

I've seen rain and snow used in Robot Storm. Future Crisis and RA2: Madness used rain as well. MiG Eater had, at one point of time, developed a cloud effect for use in the game. Robot Storm implements a completely new library of sounds, removing complete traces of every YR sfx in replacement for more authentic and realistic sounds. Maps on the moon are rare because the lunar theater is limited in possibilities, but even then Mental Omega has it's own game mode devoted to such maps.

I swear that I never saw that, I am not using any of those ideas, I did it myself totally, that is why it lacks little, but still snow is falling.
I haven't playing Robot Storm, Future Crisis or RA Madness. But how is that their snow done? Via map triggers, some global coding (when you put snow once it is in whole map) or what? Cause mine was did with animation tricks I do not know baout them.

My own mods have their own unique features, with ideas not explored by any other mods for various reasons. Unique-per-side MBTs, each with their own special ability, are never seen anywhere in mods. "Researches" and support powers using 0x0 foundation structures add to making each outcome different than the next. Playing on concept ideas have allowed me to develop a true interchanging tech tree for Yuri's army. And most of this is all without Ares or NPatch. (I eventually plan to incorporate Ares for a much more intricate 'm666 gameplay' feel)

hehe nice, can I see your mod's forum or whatever?
I also did my mod without Ares, but in last time I decided to did that only to support new generation of modding thats it. I do not need that anyway.

What many don't realize is that YR is probably one of the easiest and most powerful engines to mod in the 2D RTS scene, and most of it comes not from Ares or NPatch but pure modding ingenuity. 0x0 foundations were used long before any public tutorials, and there are ways to keep an old experience new and challenging for even the most skilled and understanding of players.

Well, I am not most skilled player or modder like few of you. I am just decant. What is the best in my case is that you did not see me before, I never was on any of YR community forums, everything I know, I teach myself. I havent no one to help me all those years. I had only XCC tools, and codes I had to learn from rulesmd.ini. recently I read from http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/ some flags to understand.

I hate to nitpick but according to Firefox's "View Image Properties" function I see both PNG and JPG images.

Ah.. Yeah, weird. In any editing program, I see png same as bmp, not lije jpg... But here, like you said according to firefox's viewing system probably they look same... Hmmmm....

Well, i think what most look for is any innovation changes of gameplay as basic YR is mostly played out given soooo old game now and countless RA2/YR edit mods like mental omega have pretty much done countless things to date so true innovation is damn hard so personally i twist the history and rewrite some to justify different approaches to give some freshness.

Amazingly enough, RA2/YR is insanely underutilized in many features the engine has and original game hardly uses most or its one instance so taking advantage of this to think outside the box can probably do something funky ^_^

haha. Hello Appolo, thank you too for replying here.

I would suggest you move that howitzer turret a little bit forward with the turretoffset on that magnetron body (so it would look more right when it turns and maybe scale shrink wideness to fit into hull if need) and you could try your hand for further editing of voxels to come up fresh units from common parts than just use as is as thats what most are used to doing.

That Howitzer turret on magnetron is not used anymore, maybe I should set it again?
Well, I did that because I made Magnetron Disc same as Magnetron, with little more range. Magnetron itself is now Magnetic Tank. He fires powerful magnetic beam to structures and vehicles only. They cannot fire at infantry.
Also, I added Kinetic Soldier with similiar weapon, but of course less range and damage. All three units have different colored Magnet.Also all three have their own voices.

In time you will move past just buffing units and making whole new approaches to customize the game to your thinking and your vision is the one that should drive it as opposed to public demand, trying please public 100% the time is only gonna make you undecided given diverse opinions while else incorporate fitting suggestions into your vision as you see they could fit.

I understand that, thanks. Well that is why I have here a tons of unfinished mods, I had no enough time.

Needless to say, Internal Errors will be your bane all thru the modding process for you to conquer :unsure:

hahahah true that. Like I said above, I ,,raised" alone wihtout anyone's help. You can imagine how Internal Erros I got. Especially for Generals Zero Hour which is more case sensitive.

#12 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Rain and snow has been done previously using map triggers. Place loads of waypoints around the map and play animations at those waypoints in order to cover the map. It works well and looks good, I've also done it before. I'd like to see a mod with more natural/neutral forces on the map to wreak havoc, although it is a lot of work...

Posted Image

#13 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

From what I can see, you've certainly got the enthusiasm to do something good with the game, but as everyone is saying, the best way to get noticed in the community is to think laterally. Come up with something outside of the box. Yuri's Revenge is a surprisingly flexible tool (even more so with Ares) when you put your mind to it. Weather effects are a good start, but try to think of something tangible to the player in game too. In most mods, there's little to distinguish the playable sides. They all have similarly planned units, same tech trees, stuff like that. Don't be afraid to mix things up a little. For example, there's a total conversion mod I work on in my spare time where each of its three sides has a completely different way of getting credits, instead of everyone harvesting ore or whatever. Things like that keep people interested.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#14 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

Rain and snow has been done previously using map triggers. Place loads of waypoints around the map and play animations at those waypoints in order to cover the map. It works well and looks good, I've also done it before.

Yeah but it is your idea. I did trick with invisible snow emitter which emits animation of snowfalling, and set few of those in map (50x50)

I'd like to see a mod with more natural/neutral forces on the map to wreak havoc, although it is a lot of work...

Exactly, I am doing that. Suggestion confirmed. I was planing to add aliens in some maps as neutrals so you sometimes in order to get at enemy, you have to beat them. Maybe some tech building which can be prerequisite for some alien units.

From what I can see, you've certainly got the enthusiasm to do something good with the game, but as everyone is saying, the best way to get noticed in the community is to think laterally.

Hahahaha thanks. Nighthawk nice to met you!

Come up with something outside of the box. Yuri's Revenge is a surprisingly flexible tool (even more so with Ares) when you put your mind to it.

hehe yeah.

Weather effects are a good start, but try to think of something tangible to the player in game too. In most mods, there's little to distinguish the playable sides. They all have similarly planned units, same tech trees, stuff like that.

Exactly. I do not know, probably because modders like it to be sides similiar one to another in name of ,,balance". Therefore you can often find All three sides to have Ore refineries, harvesters, even Yuri got radar, separated airfield, same for Soviets, Allies also got separated radar and airfield etc... But not a bad idea anyway. Already seen, so I had to work on another things.

Don't be afraid to mix things up a little. For example, there's a total conversion mod I work on in my spare time where each of its three sides has a completely different way of getting credits, instead of everyone harvesting ore or whatever. Things like that keep people interested.

But do you still have Ore and harvesters right?
Well I think of similiar way, actually I created ,as you noticed, everyone to have one building similiar to Oil derricks, to produce money, but via transaction. (same coding forever), especially because of Moon maps where you do not have resources.
Nighthawk, thank you for replying.

#15 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  •  StarCraft 2

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

hehe nice, can I see your mod's forum or whatever?
I also did my mod without Ares, but in last time I decided to did that only to support new generation of modding thats it. I do not need that anyway.

Ares is only the new generation of modding for those who can't cram as much out of the engine as it's possible. And you can see my progress in my mod I described in my post, as well as past/present/future ideas, at Soviet Dawn: Incursion's forum in my hosted section at Freedom Studios.

I am just decant. What is the best in my case is that you did not see me before, I never was on any of YR community forums, everything I know, I teach myself. I havent no one to help me all those years.

No one's taught me anything I know either. I saw things in other mods that I liked, and I either figured it out myself or developed some alternate system that worked close enough. I never have asked the community for any major help in figuring something out, as most of it was already figured out by time I showed up.

#16 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

Ares is only the new generation of modding for those who can't cram as much out of the engine as it's possible.

Exactly. I did not need that, but nah, I wanted to use it only for support YR new generation of modding. When I use it of course that I had to add new stuff because it is pointless to have Ares without its abilities. So I found something useful for me as coloring Magnetic beams, coloring Rad beams, new spy effects, new treches and such...

And you can see my progress in my mod I described in my post, as well as past/present/future ideas, at Soviet Dawn: Incursion's forum in my hosted section at Freedom Studios.

I like it. I like the most that Yuri's seeker because I am now converting, actually addiong Aliens stuff availabe for Yuri. I have few models here as Alien Tank, alien artillery, Scrin transport, Alien vehicle, Tripod, Hexapod and such... Alien Brute, Alien Dog perhaps... (current ones ehanced with Alien DNK).. So, after those whole wars and loses on three sides (Yuri actually doesnot care about loses because he always can clone army, but loses lot of money on it) all three sides decided to find additional way of expanding their armies with much less losing ,,living" strength. So they did it. Allied got ehanced with cyborgs, Soviets with mutants (yeah, they finally reach Yuri's mutation level tehcnology, thanks to experiment with radiations) and Yuri got even more, got ehnanced with Alien technlogy. It would be fine!

No one's taught me anything I know either. I saw things in other mods that I liked, and I either figured it out myself or developed some alternate system that worked close enough.

Exactly man, I learned from original rulesmd. ini but I had to look at other rules because this one has only basic things. I also did some thing on ,,alternate" way. Like this snow. It is done via triggers, but in my case it has nothing to do with that. its done or harder way. My way haha

I never have asked the community for any major help in figuring something out, as most of it was already figured out by time I showed up.

Same here, I wasnot even registered here, because I did not want to ask, rather to learn myself, therefore I did not need then to be at any community place. When I have decant knowledge, now i can show up. So, when I ask something, it should be worth of time. I have no questions for now except I do not fucking know how to add new colors to the game. I know it is hardcoded, you can only edit standard ones, I would like to edit damned pink color, but still on meny list it will be pink color. Can it be done somehow or no hope at all?
Also, are you useing some patch? because spy sat ability is not possible in YR except you did trick with Spy plane to make it reveal all, or some dummy building with will reveal map also...

#17 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

As I said, I am working on something bigger.
First, I am working on my own forum to represent mod there. in short lines of course muahahha. Be ready soon.
Second, I made logo for mod
http://psychocalypse...calypselogo.png

Third, who the hell is this?
Posted Image

Anyway what is this,why is everyone black? And look at those beautiful magnetic beams.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Mothership employed!
Posted Image

Some interesting stuff
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And its obvious that here are Aliens in my mod.
I do not show here even half of changes I did to them! There are looooot of changes.
Updates will come soon, very soon! I hope!

Edited by MasterHaosis, 29 September 2010 - 09:49 AM.

#18 sansko

sansko
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Projects:MO dutch translation

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Cool update when do you think that there is a public release?
i think noone efer taught about adding aliens in their mod.
If you don't know what to do, then think about something to do.

#19 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  •  StarCraft 2

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Star Strike features an Alien side, the Invaders, and if I'm not mistaken Doom Desire featured such. I know there were also plans for an alien race in the cancelled Future Crisis mod.

In addition, you could use a much better Mothership graphic (MadHQ has one on his site, that looks a lot more menacing) and your cameo style could use some work. Look at mods like Project Phantom, AG's Shattered Alliance, and Robot Storm to see how their new cameos are designed. The best place to start is from the beginning, and if you really work at it then it can be done. After all, no one starts as a pro.

Edited by m666, 29 September 2010 - 07:56 PM.

#20 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

Sorry people for late response, I read your posts since you wrote them but I have no time for replying I am now working on mod, testing some things.

Cool update

Thanks man, I am glad that you like it.

when do you think that there is a public release?

Well man, really I do not know, here are lot of work to do, but soon.
However, do not worry, I will inform all of you with new screenshots, maybe later, maybe tomorrow. When I have time, because I am busy atm hardly with some things related to mod.

i think noone efer taught about adding aliens in their mod.

Well, true, no one is doing Aliens like me, but there were also some ,,introductions" of Aliens. Like m666 said, some mods are using them. However of those two ,,active" mods, only Doom Desire has some extra ideas related to Aliens.

Star Strike features an Alien side, the Invaders,

I haven't seen or play it, but I heard that this mod is stupid. ALiens have American design and F22 raptors and such.

and if I'm not mistaken Doom Desire featured such.

No, you are not mistaken. As I can see from video, mod has something like Alien race. However, what I like that style is different from mine. Their vehicles are white mostly, and aircraft, they use Yuri's buildings mostly (which is nice choice since Yuri has some of Alien style and technology), I see white tower, its that building from Washington DC map. Very cool ides. Also, their mothership is nice. Their spaceships fire some nice weapons, I see meteor storm. I cannot see infantry, but mod is looking nice and professional anyway.

I know there were also plans for an alien race in the cancelled Future Crisis mod.

Why is it cancelled?

In addition, you could use a much better Mothership graphic

Well that shitty graphic is shitty because I made it myself. But its still best because it is only one Scrin mothership available, as I know nobody made C&C3 Mothership for Ra2/YR

(MadHQ has one on his site, that looks a lot more menacing)

Well that thing is some space ship for Allies, I can recolor it to be suitable for my Aliens, but nah, i do not like it as part of Alien race. It would be more suitable for cyborgs or something. Not really Alienish.

and your cameo style could use some work.

Well, it is only background to represent some units I am using in mod, but yeah, last two I created to cameos because I have no time for everything to do, to code, to create/recolor/fix buildings, and infantry, and vehicles, and aircraft, and add new stuff, maps, coding, etc...And checking all of this. So I cannot righ now to create more professional cameos, it will take me lot of time, I am working alone.

Look at mods like Project Phantom, AG's Shattered Alliance, and Robot Storm to see how their new cameos are designed.

I saw Project Phantom and Robot Storm, but havent seen Shattered Alliance yet.

The best place to start is from the beginning, and if you really work at it then it can be done. After all, no one starts as a pro.

Well yeah, I know that but I am tryng to make mod better as I can. Of course released version will be weak, but I will update it by time (fixed cameos, codes, new units, bla bla) Now I have tons of work here in order to at least prepare mod to be public.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users