#21 Sauhron

Sauhron
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Mapping, scripting, and annoying people

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

*sigh*

When are people going to get it through their heads that there is more than one marketing demographic, eh? My little brothers pitched in so I could buy this for them, and the three of us had a blast. Why? Not because it was angsty or filled with guts flying everywhere, but because we enjoyed playing co-op mode together, exploring the levels, and otherwise playing the game as it was meant to be played. What we did NOT do was take one look at the game's graphics, instantly dismiss it as awful, and then go hide in a corner crying about how awful LotR games are now.

You guys hardly even try. It's pathetic, really...

*Applauds* :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Sauhron, 20 November 2010 - 07:37 PM.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

"Pathetic" - to have an opinion? Surprising... and you wear the mark of an Advisor? Even more surprising. I wonder what would happen if certain other members of these forums, well known for having stroooong opinions would have had a negative opinion about this game/franchise too... if he/they would have been commented as pathetic too? I don't mind though... :thumbsupsmiley: I just don't agree =)

Must say though I don't find the graphics bad at all. They look cartoony and cool. I object to the gameplay - in my taste. And we're all entitled to have those, aren't we? ;p

Edited by Nazgûl, 20 November 2010 - 07:51 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

"Pathetic" - to have an opinion? Surprising... and you wear the mark of an Advisor? Even more surprising. I wonder what would happen if certain other members of these forums, well known for having stroooong opinions would have had a negative opinion about this game/franchise too... if he/they would have been commented as pathetic too? I don't mind though... :thumbsupsmiley: I just don't agree =)

And I don't agree with this. For one to call someone out on their mark? I don't think it's fair to question whether or not someone deserves a rank openly. It's sort of insulting :p. You're saying he should know better then to call people's opinions pathetic, when you yourself are doing just the same.

He is stating that the general public's shallow views on whether or not a game is good by it's graphic level and features, is pathetic. Not that they themselves are.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#24 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

@ Naz: :ermm:

Firstly, the comment was not directed at you and you alone, hence the plural at the beginning. In fact, it was mostly aimed at Spart and his rants about how the game was "shit". Secondly, why does it matter whether I'm an Advisor or not? Is this supposed to hold me to a higher standard of conformity or suppression? I think not.

EDIT: Kwen, you ninjaposted on me. :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#25 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

Good to hear it's fun at least. Maybe The War in the North won't be a complete loss then.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#26 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

"Pathetic" - to have an opinion? Surprising... and you wear the mark of an Advisor? Even more surprising. I wonder what would happen if certain other members of these forums, well known for having stroooong opinions would have had a negative opinion about this game/franchise too... if he/they would have been commented as pathetic too? I don't mind though... :ermm: I just don't agree =)

Must say though I don't find the graphics bad at all. They look cartoony and cool. I object to the gameplay - in my taste. And we're all entitled to have those, aren't we? ;p

Good thing certain members with strong opinions are also more eloquent in describing them, then.

Also, you are as entitled to your taste as Athos is. What you did to discredit the validity of his opinion though is far fouler than just using a word, you said he shouldn't have his opinion because he has a certain rank, implying that a certain rank means someone should be morally above using a word as simple and in this case contextually innocent as pathetic, while in reality you are just annoyed because someone explained their reasons for disagreeing with your appreciation of this videogame in a more eloquent fashion.

You shouldn't just resort to "BUT ITS MY OPINION, HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE!" when someone does disagree with you (over such a tiny thing as well). It causes unnecessary unrest to ensue where a normal discussion could.

Just saying, of course.

Edited by Matias, 21 November 2010 - 10:15 AM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#27 JUS_SAURON

JUS_SAURON

El Shaddai

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Projects: BFME2 MOD - Power Of The Ring
  •   INI Coder

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Well I'll Buy it for Christmas for my younger Brother and
I'll review it

There are tons of games that the trailer looks Good and the gameplay sucks

and there are a few that is just the opposite ... I hope this is one

#28 King Harlaus

King Harlaus
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

It is a cool game , meant to be played by everyone who wants to try it . So the graphisms are quite cartoonish but it is rather normal on a Wii ; however , they would have worked a lot more on the PS3 version , because it's too primary , too colorful also . If the gameplay and the graphisms were improved , so the game would have been more interesting , no doubt on that . However , it's still a fun game , but with too many flaws .
"Life without a friend is like death without a witness."

#29 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

lol, Matias Matias Matias... breathe. I know you love to pick fights with me, but I have no energy to debate with you. I was reacting to the way he used the word pathetic about other pplp's views, and as an Advisor I DO think it's unapproriate, yes. That is only MY view though, not saying it's better than anyone elses. That's all. What if I would have said his opinion or your, are pathetic? Let's keep the stong words to a minimum, and thus we avoid insulting anyone. Even if this wasn't directed towards me, I'd seldom call anyone's opinion pathetic, however strong it may be. How can anyone turn this against me, based on that? Odd indeed...

Maybe we should stick to the topic though.

Edited by Nazgûl, 22 November 2010 - 04:56 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#30 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

Everyone is entiteled to their opinions, no matter the rank :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#31 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

If we were rank-sniping, I would reuse the word pathetic to describe the squabbling of Hosted, who are supposed to be mature and respected moral pillars of the community. But we're not doing that, so I won't.

:p

#32 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

Don't you have enough of your own subforums to reign over, Naz? I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but nobody should be entitled to hypocrisy :p

#33 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 23 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

you guys are being offtopic ...post about the game or dont post at all :p cause i dont really care about your problems with naz

this game looks quite fun ..for its gender

Edited by CTLN7, 23 November 2010 - 05:25 AM.

#34 King Harlaus

King Harlaus
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

Yeah , it's really a fun game made for the whole family , although it's far too easy , which reduces the lifespan of the game ( about 8 or 10 hours to finish it ) ;I saw some gameplay and it's looks simple to use , at least on Wii platform , because it's crap on the PS3 version .
"Life without a friend is like death without a witness."

#35 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

you guys are being offtopic ...post about the game or dont post at all :p cause i dont really care about your problems with naz

Word!

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#36 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

There was no point in that comment apart from prolonging the argument, so why make it? :p

I think my favorite part of the game was having Rohan and Gondor soldiers as companions. In most RPGs it's just the PC and maybe a couple companions, but in this you felt as if you had an army, insofar as RPGs have such things. Fighting orcs with twenty Gondor soldiers or so at your back=curbstomping. Win.

#37 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

Since everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I'll give mine. To me, Aragorn's quest is really great; it makes you feel like your in Middle-Earth itself, despite the gameplay(it's supposed to be simple). The graphics are stunning, a mix of realism and cartoony aspects; the characters look like their actors, audio from the movies is in it, and extra umph from Sean Astin and John-Ryes Davies. I think this is one of my most favorite LOTR games; next to TT, ROTK, TTA, and the Battle for Middle-Earth mods:)
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

I have to agree that Sean Astin's voice added a lot to the game. Instead of having anonymous random narrator voice #3, you get to hear Sam himself, and telling the story in a way that his children would understand it. For the feel of the game, his voicing and narration was perfect.

#39 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

This game actually looks pretty good ;). They got in a campaign which is at least 10 hours. I wouldn't mind getting it, but Killzone 3 is stopping me ;)

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#40 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:36 AM

It would be 11-12 hours if you take time to do all of the side quests or if you mess around it will take longer.
I love Aragorn's quest but one thing that stumps me is the lack of diversity between the Rohirrim, the so called "6000" Rohirrim at Pelennor(there was only about 50), and that the Uruks are larger and taller than horses.
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users