#21 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

I get thrown off because in Warcraft and Starcraft you press A and then left-click to attack-move, because it is an ability like any ability with a target point. Actually, the very annoying thing is that for abilities that changed from BFME1 to 2. I forgot about that. In BFME1 you press your button or key and then right-click, don't you, and in BFME2 it is left. That always threw me off whenever I switched between them.

Still, I usually group my army to like 3 and then just press 3 A. In BFME you can't really hotkey buildings but in Starcraft I use 1 for Hatcheries, Orbital Commands or Nexuses, and 2 for Queens and Terran/Protoss production buildings and 3/4/5 for army. So I'm used to using 3 for army, and in BFME I pretty much use 3 for the whole army, maybe 4 for siege weapons to target-fire buildings or whatever. Then my whole army is on screen and I would just double click something if I want a specific unit type. BFME is pretty light on the micro so I don't really find it necessary to hotkey different unit types seperately, whereas when I play SC I use like 3 for Zerglings 4 for Mutas or whatever.

I was never that good at BFME, though, I spent a lot more time modding it than playing.

Wait, what does Q do? Select all military units? Boy, EA sure made it easy to do anything and impossible to do everything else. No need for a sense of unit control anymore. It's a tough thing, making a game more challenging. It could be harder in a good way or a bad way, and it's really hard to define exactly what makes it different. It should be difficult and take practice to get good, but sometimes it feels like you can't get good because you are too limited and stuff... It's one of the most challenging things in RTS design, both engine and content.
Greetings, community.

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

We sould make a topic in SEE Gameplay and list all hotkeys :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users