#1 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:29 PM

I was looking at the last time I've posted a video from the mod and I noticed that it was by the time I was looking for mappers and/or remaining maps to complete the 100-new-skirmish-maps-goal. Well, now 5 months later it should be obvious that this goal was achieved, however feel free to contribute. ^_^ Special thanks to MadHQ for his great maps!

Anyway, holidays are gone and so 3.0 is back on track. Remember, that you can have your say about what you would like to see in the upcoming release.

As you probably know, Ares is win. Thanks to it's developers Mental Omega 3.0 will have new interesting features, such as this one.

"The Soviets were not fully able to use the potential of their Iron Curtain technology, until.. you'll find out in version 3.0 of Mental Omega APYR. What you can know already is the result - the Iron Fist tank. It's mobile iron curtain device will surely become useful in the final battle against Yuri's Epsilon."

You may also ask why does the Iron Fist have different scheme than the other Soviet vehicles. Well, other than that it was createdy by azri_apoc in this scheme, there will be a short backstory to this unit ingame. This unit will have a different scheme in some theaters. Also, as you probably noticed in the video, it's mobile iron curtain has drawbacks - it's not an invincible war machine. Every time the device is used, Iron Fist's engine will overheat resulting in small damage to the unit so be warned as you may overload the unit and destroy it. You should think first what situation will result in more damage to the unit - incoming attack or the mobile iron curtain itself.

Posted Image

Also, as posted earlier on ModDB, Yuri's Trike is getting an overhaul. It will no longer use a machine gun and it will no longer be able to carry a passenger inside.

Posted Image

This version will be available after you establish a Radar Dome and will function as an early hit-n-run/artillery combo. And no, it won't be able to crush infantry anymore.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Edited by Speeder, 22 September 2010 - 02:57 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Nice job on the Iron Fist cameo. Wise choice putting dem trikes at radar tech btw.

#3 Hecthor Doomhammer

Hecthor Doomhammer

Live Streamer

• Project Team
  • 1,282 posts
  • Projects:Livestreams
  •  C&C mods Livestreamer

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

That looks very nice indeed
Wise choice to have the Soviets have something with Iron Curtain tech as tank (except the Iron Dragon)

Streamer of Rise of the Reds, Mental Omega and other mods

xqbQD6S.jpg

#4 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, didn't want to go with an IronCaster since it's been used a lot.. so enjoy your SelfIronCaster. ^_^

Edited by Speeder, 22 September 2010 - 03:27 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#5 Runown

Runown
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Love the Iron Fist Tank! ^_^

I should post some maps...I dunno...just for boredom...

Emm...one thing... Are we going to activate the mod using Ares,or what? :l

#6 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Yes, Ares will be required for 3.0.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#7 hclarkjr

hclarkjr
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

nice to see another mod coming, looking forward to it ^_^

#8 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

Hmm the Iron Fist doesn't seem very "MO" TBH, especially the projectile anims.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Laro24

Laro24
  • Members
  • 45 posts
  •  Mental Omega Fan

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

They look overpowered but it could be just me, if you can give us some information about the Iron Fist? Like when we get it, the price, etc...

#10 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

If something, they're underpowered for now - but that's because balance tests are yet to be done. ^_^

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#11 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:Working on YR Mod

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Nice work Speeder. Does this trike fire some artillery weapon? I am really glad to see this because its obvious that Yuri's forces are underpowered because of Artillery units comparing to Soviets and Allies. Do not forget to enhance Yuri's artillery in 3.0, however this trike promises good fight

#12 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

Yes, it's a T2 mortar weapon. As of this moment Yuri has three artillery units actually.. one infantry, Trike and Magnetron however I am still considering some changes to the telekinetic tank.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#13 MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:Working on YR Mod

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

Yes, it's a T2 mortar weapon.

You know that artillery weapon to be consider as artillery should have at least 10 cell radius. Prism Tank=10, Siege Chopper=12, Magnetron=12, Grand Cannon=15 etc... So no give to trike lower max range than 10 cells.
For trike and infantry artilley I suggest you to use 10 cells due to their size and weapons they can care except if you are using mortar trooper for Yuri.

I was thinking of adding mortar weapon (turret) to trike too long time ago, but then I had to download bigger trike model. I like your small one, so I will leave as this is. Gunner.

As of this moment Yuri has three artillery units actually.. one infantry, Trike and Magnetron however I am still considering some changes to the telekinetic tank.

Which infantry? I already have infantry, Kinetic Soldier. Magnetron is now Magnetic tank, and Magnetron Disc which can drag vehicels and can outrange even AA defences! Other two deals high damage to buildings and Vehicels. None can fire at infantry. All three have unique sounds (I created sounds for Kinetic Soldier and Tank, if you wish I can send you) and unique magnet color. Magnet Soldier has blue, Magnetic Tank has red and Disc has original purple!

Edited by MasterHaosis, 24 September 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#14 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

The Trike is a low tier artillery unit. With it's current range it can and will easily out-range most tanks and infantry. Giving it the same range as a Prism Tank at only half the tech and about a third of the price is pretty unbalanced.

#15 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

In regards to weapon ranges, surely this depends on how Speeder determines weapon ranges and not vanilla defaults?

Your statement was suggesting that like for example all high explosive animations should kill infantry quickly.

Also the rules of RA2 have a concept know as [Warheads]

Not all values have to be 100%

Edited by Allied General, 24 September 2010 - 10:02 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Derp, Speeder says that the trikes do indeed have the range of the old prism tanks. My mistake. -_-

#17 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:08 PM

I didn't say anything about trike and prism range.

You are suggesting to me the trike has the same damage performance as a prism but cheaper and low tier because it has the same range.

Whilst in pratice a unit could have like 50%+ range of another similiar unit but its weapon might only be 50% as effective.

Edited by Allied General, 24 September 2010 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:08 PM

I'm liking the MO logo. Though it looks a bit Starcraftish, I'm pretty sure that it is based off the Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty logo. Still, nice addition nonetheless.

#19 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

I have to agree with this completely, while the animation and entire concept is amazingly awesome it feels that it belongs in a mod like Robot Storm or AG's Shattered Alliances moreso. The YR feel is lost with this piece.

#20 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

I'm liking the MO logo. Though it looks a bit Starcraftish, I'm pretty sure that it is based off the Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty logo. Still, nice addition nonetheless.

I'm giggling silently at every comment about the logo. Don't ask why. ;) And no, it was created before SC2 logo was revealed.

And get back to the beta board. :p

I have to agree with this completely, while the animation and entire concept is amazingly awesome it feels that it belongs in a mod like Robot Storm or AG's Shattered Alliances moreso. The YR feel is lost with this piece.

Do you think so because of the unit voxel, projectile or?

Edited by Speeder, 24 September 2010 - 11:46 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users