• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

i made some music myself and i'd like you people to say if you like it or disslike it an why

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

at the top my oldest progressing to newer

CAPSLOCK IS THE CRUISECONTROLL FOR COOL

DUDE I'M OGING TO BE 20 THATS THE OLDEST I HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

#2 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

Ok, I listened to all three and I have to say that's quite impressive for one man to make. I'm not sure how this Fruity Loops program works, I'll have to try it out later, but that's real market Techno right there. As a big fan of Techno, I can say you did pretty well considering these were your first tracks ever. I can sort of relate you to Nick Wiseman and his work on Geometry Wars with his fist pumping beats, especially 'Distant Dream'. But as a bad thing I have to mention, you played it too safe. It's similar to common Techno and in this case it can't be considered any higher than 'pretty good' to me. You have the ability to make this type of music, so for your next tracks, I say break the trend and make something I've never heard before. I've heard some of the instrumental beats you did before, so think hard and come up with something so fierce and original, I would download and recommend to others. And one other thing is that you repeated beats too often. Try and have radical chances spaced out, and also try never to let the beat die down like you did a few times in 'First Time's Charm'. I'll wait eagerly for your next works though... I see potential here...

#3 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

I like them :p

safsignature.png

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:51 AM

Not a fan of electronic music, especially when it's done like this. Sorry.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

thanks.

i am currently working on a different kind of melody.
but i have still ots to learn. so i will not make any radical changes yet.

#6 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

Hmm, it's decent, but like Pasi said a bit too generic. You should experimenting a bit with different melodies, yeah.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#7 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

yes, i am currently going for something else.
but don't expect any radical steps because i am still a beginner

#8 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

i made a 4th song now with a different style of melody, but youtube raped the quality

#9 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

I remember many moons ago when people used to actually play instruments, now it's cut/copy and paste...

#10 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:37 AM

Well Hos, that's an interesting subject. I mean, I just downloaded this Fruity Loops Studio program Daze used to make his music with, and this is practically the future of musical media. A program with cut-up sounds or a sound synthesizer playing the music of its wielder, even if, sadly. That's for a different discussion though...

Alright, 'One in a Lifetime'. I like the diverse and chaotic changes in the rhythm you did there a few times. And the middle where the beat began to pick up. I didn't feel that the beginning and the end, though, was as great. As well as the end may have dragged on a bit too long. I feel as if it needs to start off loud and mighty and finish roaring while always picking up in beat, but it's not a sin to start off slow or become slow within in at a point. Just enough to keep one on the edge.

#11 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

i might go and change that yes.
because i only used peak controller for the climax

#12 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  •  I Help

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hmm... FL Studio lingo... I'm trying to figure out this program at the moment. Is it's only purpose for electronic brand music or can it go beyond the generic keyboard and do something like heavy metal or classical? Generic examples, by the way.

#13 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Damn YOU!! I was trying to listen to them but got distracted by this Miss Hannah Minx chick int he suggested video section... Really nice boobs. >_<
Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

#14 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hmm... FL Studio lingo... I'm trying to figure out this program at the moment. Is it's only purpose for electronic brand music or can it go beyond the generic keyboard and do something like heavy metal or classical? Generic examples, by the way.

its also possible to make hiphop beats and guitar leads with it.
though for guitar leads you have only limited samples to download and in fruityloops itself

#15 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

Struggling for spare time

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:03 PM

'Tis possible, but difficult to do. My mod Battlezone has examples of synthed rock, but I'm still improving on it so they're not really my best attempts at it either. It still sounds synthy too. It ends up more like a repetitive-chorused NDH-style sound. If you're interested I can do a tut on how I do it. :thumbsupsmiley:

And hiphop is really easy with FL.

Edited by Yurisarmy, 08 October 2010 - 09:05 PM.

Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#16 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

Hmm, can you really make the tunes yourself with FL? Or only use pre-made samples?
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#17 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

you can use 3xosc, toxin biohazard(wich is basically a 6xosc), poizone, and countless other downloadable/buyable plugins

#18 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

And with those, you can really make your own tunes or what? Forgive me, pretty new with this, I used to make some tunes years ago though (only premade samples, sadly), might pick it up again :thumbsupsmiley:

#19 Arcadian Daze

Arcadian Daze

CAPSLOCK!

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

and now my 5th song is on the tubes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users