Photo

Contra 007 Tournament

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

Poll: Contra 007 Tournament

Can you attend to Contra tournament?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Garena is working,but we need al players on hamachi first.It will make finding players easier.They can deceide on which vpn software will they play,but they should be on hamachi.
Posted Image

#82 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

With current player list, we would begin the tournament on Saturday 23 October 2010 at Midnight UTC (Beginning of Saturday). First round would be All vs All (everyone would be playing 1v1 with one another) and the first round would last until 24 November 2010 at Midnight UTC (End of Wednesday).

I suggest to take contacts from each player (e-mail, ICQ, Skype and etc) and share them. We will give the task for each player couple. They will play with each other no matter when and no matter where. For example, we announce: "Dr.Lord vs Lukas45". Both players must connect each other using shared contacts, find time, find place (Hamache, Garena, Tunngle), play, upload their replay. Each player has personal life and it will be pain to synchronize them. The method I suggest will make our life much easier.

I also suggest the following table for player's achievements. I made the example. Lets imagine, that Casojin and Dcesarec played the game and Casojin won. In this case, we write "Win" in Casojin's string, write "Loss" in Dcesarec's string and add 1 to Casojin's number of victories (the last column). Such table is the most comprehensible and allows to view player's achievements with first sight. Achievements of each player are in each string.
Posted Image

Creator, please tell players from redsys forum to join our 2 hamachi networks (join second if first is full). It will be easiest way to find players there, and then we can start tournament. Other players form here, join too.

I told them already. But I don't know Hamache network.

Edited by Creator, 22 October 2010 - 02:11 PM.

#83 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

This table is good idea,we will add it to our page.
Other hamachi network is
Contra_Tournament_2
Pass:4321
Posted Image

#84 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

How many game per couple must be played to determine a winner? There is the suggestion to play until 2 victories. It can be 2 or 3 games. If one player wins 2 times in a row then he wins the match. If he wins one game and looses another then the 3rd game determines a winner. But there is the problem. We need to play 276 games now. If we play 2-3 games per couple then it will be about 700 games.

Edited by Creator, 23 October 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#85 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

How many game per couple must be played to determine a winner? There is the suggestion to play until 2 victories. It can be 2 or 3 games. If one player wins 2 times in a row then he wins the match. If he wins one game and looses another then the 3rd game determines a winner. But there is the problem. We need to play 276 games now. If we play 2-3 games per couple then it will be about 700 games.

I think the first round is score collection round, which can be done with 1 game per couple (or it will take too long). We can change the second or third round to score system as well if every player agree. If player is unfortunate in 1 match, he can still do better in other matches to gain enough score ( if he's good). Final is 2 of 3 already and we can make 3rd place contest to 2 of 3 as well.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#86 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

The tournament is going great so far,we are receiving replays and checking them.We will update ladders today or tomorrow and make a table as Creator suggested.I must say,there was some very interesting games.
Posted Image

#87 playerKSE

playerKSE
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

7 my plays
vsAngel loss
vsDcesarec win
vsGalil win
vsPawel.PL win
vsSayapo win
vsMPX win
vsAlukard[MM] win
replays - > http://www.redsys.ru...A...ost&id=5290

#88 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

Could you send those replays to objective.contra@gmail.com please?
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#89 playerKSE

playerKSE
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

other ditto want to look)

#90 Thats me!

Thats me!

Title availble

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Projects:thinking...:p
  •  not Red :(

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

i am happy that it works(but sad because i couldn't participate),
anyway if this will succed,maybe we can make more tourneys(2vs.2,ffa tourney if we have enough players,another rules,etc),and i am sure i will free up some time next time.
1.question:how can all those players fit in 1 hamachi network?

good luck everybody,the best('luckiest? :) ) shall win.

Edited by Thats me!, 23 October 2010 - 07:50 PM.

#91 FAFNIROS

FAFNIROS

• Project Team
  • 378 posts
  • Projects:Contra: arabic replics recorder, wallpaper maker and Contra publisher
  •  1st Tunisian Knew & Published Contra Mod In Tunisia

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

i am happy that it works(but sad because i couldn't participate),
anyway if this will succed,maybe we can make more tourneys(2vs.2,ffa tourney if we have enough players,another rules,etc),and i am sure i will free up some time next time.
1.question:how can all those players fit in 1 hamachi network?

good luck everybody,the best('luckiest? :) ) shall win.

I'll make one in December

TOURNEY:
FAFNIROS_vs_playerKSE: loss

10422.png ContraIco.png  :cool2:

1001181_521150174620846_188153655_n.jpg

#92 lil tasman

lil tasman

CnC Mapper

• Hosted
  • 903 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008, Fallout Wars
  •  Contra 008 Wallpapers, Advertising and Maps. Fallout Wars AI Coding, Advertising, and Maps.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:09 AM

I recently played a game with niko and was clearly going to win, but the game mismatched 30 seconds before i could finish him off.

Do i have to rematch the game??
Amat Victoria Curam
Victory Loves Preparation

Posted Image

#93 playerKSE

playerKSE
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:46 AM

niko does not participate

#94 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:16 AM

Tasman,if both players agree to rematch then rematch the game.But,if the player who was about to win does not wanna rematch,then he has right to send us replay and we will se if he was about to win.I had same situation with sayapo,i was about to finish him,game disconnects,sayapo was gone from the game with no contact to me so far.But,the problem is,who is niko?
PlayerKSE,i know you wanna share replays on redsys,but send us replays too,we have about 50 replays to check,it is the easiest if we dont need to search for them.Thats why i made gmail account.
Posted Image

#95 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:40 AM

Golden vs Angel: http://www.redsys.ru...A...ost&id=5288
Golden vs Sayapo: http://www.redsys.ru...A...ost&id=5289

#96 Dr. Lord

Dr. Lord

Just Evil

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Projects:Learning...
  •  Evils are not born. Evils are made.

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Guys, delete me from the tournament. Thanks.
I tried to do my best, but it isn't enough here. My connection laggs, I can't operate with my units, and my opponets have a mind-reading ability.
The participiants of the tournament are much wiser in Contra than me. If I rely on my luck, then I rather play lottery. Thanks for opportunity.

#97 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:47 PM

Creator vs Lil Tasman:
Attached File  Creator_Tasman.rar   18.02KB   26 downloads

I tried to do my best, but it isn't enough here. My connection laggs, I can't operate with my units, and my opponets have a mind-reading ability.
The participiants of the tournament are much wiser in Contra than me. If I rely on my luck, then I rather play lottery. Thanks for opportunity.

My connection lags too and I've lost 2 games in a row today. And so what? End of the world will not happen because of this tournament. Tournament is the opportunuty to play with good players and learn different strategy tricks. You worry about losses too much. It is your error. Enjoy the process and do not pay much attention at the result. Stay in the tournament.

Edited by Creator, 24 October 2010 - 06:32 PM.

#98 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

Sometimes we do out best and we lost. But the important thing is....what you learn from it. If you see it to the end, you will realize that.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#99 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

I want to put tournament maps under question. People play on "Forgotten Forest" now. But this map is reach with objects and everybody has lags on it. I suggest to choose another map. It must be big enough to prevent fast rush and it must not have too many objects. The map can be for 3 or 4 players. There is nothing bad for 2 players to play on a map for more players. Alukard, Sayapo and Kur-zaz want to change the map too. And I agree with them.

Edited by Creator, 24 October 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#100 Su8perkillr

Su8perkillr

Capslockers are attention whores.

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Projects:Losing the game
  •  Why cant this be red :(

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Tournament B?
Posted Image
Posted Image

its like a big ball of tesla troopers firing on down below, but cant attack structures. ION STORM :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users