8 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

OK... well... I got a new job. I worked at Ft Bragg for only a month, but the new position (in Huntsville AL) will pay a LOT more and let me work on the development side of the house.

This ofcourse means I probably won't be able to mod at all at work, but on the flip side I'm expecting 3-4 weeks without the wife and kids. Durring that time I'm hoping to get some modding done, maybe release Laser General.. I would like that, but you know it's hard to make promises about time I haven't got yet... but I honestly have high hopes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

You should do what I advised ManSh00ter who is making a mod for Sins of a Solar Empire to do:

Inform everyone that the next release of the mod is in 2015, but you'll keep us posted. That way when it's released early we're all happy.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

2015... that's a good one... but in this case Remix is already 5 years old... I may have to say 2025 just for safety sake.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

i mean, someday ANYTHING will be released... (i just heard, that gearbox will FINALLY release Duke-Nukem, and that isn't a joke...)
so, we just have to wait, or?
sure, i would love to play the new laser, but some things just need there time^^

so long:
Flyingdeath

#5 Jester22

Jester22
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  •  That "one guy"

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Glad to see the forum getting more active, again. Anything we should be doing in game to help with development, or a bug we can re-hash? ;)
Ugh, why can't you just DIE? Seriously.

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:21 PM

well, I just finished my second day of work... its FANTASTIC. I'm loving my new job... I can hardly believe I'm getting paid to enjoy my work so much.. and heres what's really incredible.. it's the WORK I'm enjoying. When I enjoyed some of my other jobs it was the free time I enjoyed or a perk of the job... here it's the work.. the good news too is I seam to have plenty of it to do.

I won't be able to do any modding in the office, but in a few more days I'll be settled into my new home and will have time alone to get some modding done.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:57 AM

Glad to hear everything is tip top Pend.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#8 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:26 PM

It's like a wild fantasy... They PAY me to give my opinion on thier software and make recomendations. It's like sex... but it's my brain that's gyrating.

And theres not even anyone trying to kill me! I mean, hows THAT for a job perk!

Edited by Pendaelose, 03 November 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

...And theres not even anyone trying to kill me! I mean, hows THAT for a job perk!

and were is the Fun/Action Left?^^
just kidding^^
Im happy that youre happy, and we all are happy, that you will continue the mod A.S.A.P., so, again, Gratz for your job.

Greetz:
FlyingDeath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users