#1 BigBrainiac

BigBrainiac
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Projects:Ghosts of Arnor (for RotWK)
  •  Mod Leader/ Coder / Skinner / Mapper

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:52 PM

*NOTE* This is for a mod for RotWK *NOTE*

I am stumped on how to get a nazgul to be able to mount a horse and a fellbeast on two separate buttons :) (like the dismounted nazgul has a horse button and a fellbeast button, the horse only dismounts, and the fellbeast only dismounts)

I know I can't use the toggle mounted specialpower twice, but I want 2 separate buttons.

If anyone can give the slightest amount of coding that would point me in the right direction, I will be grateful and most likely credit you in my mod. :)

(I am not a n00b or a newbie, I CAN mod and think things through ;) )

It would help greatly to actually see coding, not just "read the articles on T3A".

--------------SOLVED(mostly)------------------

Now that I've made it work, I would appreciate help in making the guy not say "The Nazgul is with us" whenever he dismounts from his fellbeast and I would also appreciate help getting the nazgul to be on foot when he dismounts, not on horse.

I am using the "EvilMenBlackRider" object as my base horse/foot base object.

If I can get any help with my new problem-ish, I would very much appreciate it.

Edited by BigBrainiac, 29 October 2010 - 12:05 AM.

#2 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

I'm not a coder so i can't really give you specifics, but have a look at the Witchkking from BFME2, i'm pretty sure he two separate horse and fellbeast mounts ;)

Posted Image Posted Image

#3 BigBrainiac

BigBrainiac
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:22 AM

I'm not a coder so i can't really give you specifics, but have a look at the Witchkking from BFME2, i'm pretty sure he two separate horse and fellbeast mounts :xcahik_:

I'm pretty sure the witch king can only mount fellbeast in BFME2.

In RotWK, there are two different witch kings; one mounts a horse and the other mounts a fellbeast.

If I can get an idea on what to change/ add in the evilmenblackrider.ini or a new file, I will be grateful ;) :xcahik_: :xcahik_:

#4 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Projects:Tol-in-Gaurhoth
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:22 PM

Well, first of all: I'm sorry. ;)
I guess I've got the code you want, but I can't give it to you while I don't have access to it myself. I just can try to help you with a description.

You can use the ToggleMount special power twice.
Set up two different powers within specialpower.ini, called e.g. "MountHorse" and "MountFellbeast". Add them to your Nazgûl's INI and define the MountedTemplates for each one. For every mounted version you also need an appropriate dismount ability.
Afterwards, create different commandbuttons for both mount abilities, and you should be done. :xcahik_:

I know, this is very general and low detailed information, but that's the way I made my Witchking of Angmar become able to shapeshift into a swarm of crows and the shadewolf, so it does work at all. Except I forgot to tell something essential, but I don't believe so. :xcahik_:

Edited by Imdrar, 27 October 2010 - 09:03 PM.

Defender of the Lawful Evil

Posted Image

#5 BigBrainiac

BigBrainiac
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Thank you Imdrar, that is really all I needed. :p

I did what you said and it worked :p THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BigBrainiac, 28 October 2010 - 11:55 PM.

#6 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Projects:Tol-in-Gaurhoth
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

You're welcome. :p

And for the other issues:
If you want the Nazgûl to dismount on food, you should achieve this by changing the "DefaultModelConditionState" to his unmounted version.
I'm not absolutely sure how to turn off the speech event, but I assume it could be done by changing something like "EVASpeechEvent" within the spawn parameters. That's just my first thought about it, so ... I can't promise it's the key. :p

Defender of the Lawful Evil

Posted Image

#7 BigBrainiac

BigBrainiac
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:04 AM

You're welcome. :D

And for the other issues:
If you want the Nazgûl to dismount on food, you should achieve this by changing the "DefaultModelConditionState" to his unmounted version.
I'm not absolutely sure how to turn off the speech event, but I assume it could be done by changing something like "EVASpeechEvent" within the spawn parameters. That's just my first thought about it, so ... I can't promise it's the key. :p

Thanks for the help :p anyways.

I am currently not worried about that now, just making new units for new models and skins. (maybe even a Southern Fiefdoms faction in a later update...)
Nertea's Southern Fiefdoms models are awesome, I have a mounted Aragorn and new Arnor knights, and I downloaded too many things to use to count :).

Again, thanks for the help.

BigBrainiac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users