This is something I've thought about since... the dawn of SEE, actually, but for once I am going to investigate on the publics opinion before we do it...
Answer me this:
- What is the logic (really) behind a maiar like Gandalf having to "learn" or "discover" his abilities, the longer he fights? We're talking about a maiar here... a "god" - not a new born mockinbird. But this goes for anyone really, regardless if it's Aragorn or a lesser hero like Shagrat... why should they have to wait to be able to use their powers? They're friggin heroes! This is my thought on this...
1) Make heroes less "tanks", meaning, reduce the high armor to more realistic levels. This will fit rather well with the "flee system" that Sûl coded, that makes heroes retreat to base when they're badly damaged, and it all ads even more to "realism" - one of the corner stones of SEE.
2) Remove the stupid (!?) pre req to "learn as you go", and have ALL heroes start at level 10, to differentiate them more from units. Heroes are heroes cause they have experience and abilities that others don't have.
3) Counter this with adding well balanced timers for all powers, just like the Balrog's. Whip has a quick reload, while Ignite is a bit longer and Scorch is much longer. The more powerful the power or spell is, the longer it takes to reload. Not very advanced and a lot like it already is, but with longer timers for some things. This is a lot more "realistic" than the learn as you go solution.
4) This will enable us to have heroes recruitable from ANY stucture, rather than cram them all into the faction's fortress keep!
Like - not like?
Edited by Nazgûl, 19 September 2014 - 11:35 PM.