Photo

Commandos 2: Destination Paris 1.40

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

Any way for a patch that will allow Toledo to tie enemies, like in 1.34?

#22 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

no, it is a new gameplay rebalancement, it was explicitly thought to be so, maybe if it will be necessary, in afuture, who knows...

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

The lack of this ability makes gameplay not harder, but less enjoyable, on my opinion. At least, can you point me how I can do it myself? (didn't find any tutorial on this topic)
Anyway, great job on the mod. :p

#24 Guest_Anonimous_*

Guest_Anonimous_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

Me too, when I discovered the lack of tying with thief, I straightly reinstalled 1.34.

#25 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

you are not to mod the mod, otherwise it will be unplayable in multiplayer and you will always get unsynched. Thief has the ability to use the bear trap, that is the way you can kill enemies silently.

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

you are not to mod the mod, otherwise it will be unplayable in multiplayer and you will always get unsynched. Thief has the ability to use the bear trap, that is the way you can kill enemies silently.

Oh, I understand... Still, the tutorial on changing commandos abilities will be really handy - and I'm not too into multiplayer game in Commandos. :p

#27 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

there are tutorials in the modding tutorials section, please take a look, you will find everything you might possibly need there

#28 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

this is absolutley wonderful, that there is still life in this relatively small commandos-scene and community as this release indicates it. absolutley great job, massive respect.

however, i see here that some folks are missing this or that feature, would like to change this or that, etc. obviously there are different tastes.
my question would be, that will it be a release of destination paris in the future, that would contain all the "factory" missions (so just as pyro released them) of bel, btcod, c2moc and c3db integrated into c2moc, with default c2 settings, patrol routes, commandos skills, so everything on default value? i mean like no japanese soldiers or german maps, no 100 soldier-groups, only pure commandos 2 feel and default stuff.
as a base it would truley satisfy every commandos-fan, and there could be a modification pack, or whatever we would call, with custom missions, custom uniforms, sounds, music, whatever c2dp has to offer and differs from the default game, which would also satisfy many fans. is that possible?

#29 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

What we have now is the best we can do with what we have. DP 1.40 has been re-engineered to be exactly what you are saying: a remake, in the good old style, of the first Commandos. If I was to leave Commandos 2 the way Pyro made it, it would've been too easy and far away from what they did in the first game (+ expansion) of the series. Apart from that, BTCOD missions and C3 have something like 90% fidelity to the original counterparts (BTCOD more than C3), now we have to wait for somebody who has time and ability, to remake the BEL missions so we can include them in a future update (and maybe fix the unaestheticisms of the C3 mission pack)

#30 Jeroen

Jeroen
  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Projects:Commandos BEL är bara smörja.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hey Andrew, your avatar (http://www.mypicx.co..._02272010_1.png) does not load. Nowadays you can put your picture on revora and not on some other site. Obi Wan told me ;-)

#31 AndrewT

AndrewT
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Hey Andrew, your avatar (http://www.mypicx.co..._02272010_1.png) does not load. Nowadays you can put your picture on revora and not on some other site. Obi Wan told me ;-)

i haven't even noticed, so many thanks for letting me know ;-)

#32 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

I've added the mod to the Network Bar now (linking to its info page on the CHQ site). I'm not sure how easy it is to navigate though as the navigation menu for the mod is hard to distinguish from the other navigations on the site (it took me a few seconds to find the download link). Maybe it might be worth the effort to set up something like destinationparis.commandoshq.net and move the pages relevant to the mod there?

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#33 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

I was playing the mod in the last days, it is a cool mod. I find a bug in mision bonus 5. There aren´t music.
Now Im in the mision invasion in night for wiel2000. I have problems:

I read the notebook and read the first objetive. I read "run gsoorun.exe or read objetivos.st." it is a mistake?
I think that work the manual libreta of the mision approaching the enemy.

The other problem: I see all the map, but I only can walk in the zone of approaching the enemy. I think this is a mistake because I need the ganzuas in the other zone.
Delete mis TU01 into SB folder can eliminate the mistke.

.FUERA_DE_JUEGO
(
[
.ESC EXTERIOR
.FACHADAS
(
62.0 100.0 105.0 303.0 304.0 207.0 203.0 204.0 205.0 206.0 183.0 185.0 186.0 187.0 288.0 211.0 296.0 298.0 302.0 304.0 184.0 102.0 104.0 101.0 103.0
)
]
[
.ESC EXTERIOR
.ZONA_SECTORES FUERA_DE_JUEGO_NOCTURNA
]
[
.ESC SBM00
.ZONA_SECTORES FUERA_DE_JUEGO_NOCTURNA
]
)

#34 Guest_canstay_*

Guest_canstay_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

I was playing the mod in the last days, it is a cool mod. I find a bug in mision bonus 5. There aren´t music.

I read the notebook and read the first objetive. I read "run gsoorun.exe or read objetivos.st." it is a mistake?

NO, It is no mistake.
you must find the way to play.

#35 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

NO, It is no mistake.
you must find the way to play.

Ok, not a mistake, thanks.

#36 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:57 AM

goto black area
http://v.youku.com/v...AyMzE5Njg4.html

resist invasion
http://v.youku.com/v...IxOTgxNjI4.html

obtain the key
http://v.youku.com/v...E3NjcwNA==.html

annihilate especial enemy and other
http://v.youku.com/v...E3NjYxMg==.html

#37 wyel2000

wyel2000
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:03 AM

if del the ".FUERA_DE_JUEGO" code on Tu01.mis = mission "La Rochelle part 2: Sabotation"

Edited by wyel2000, 09 November 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#38 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

Good work with your mision, Now I have a problem. I cant finish the mision. I finish all the objetives except escape. But I cant escape, what is the problem?

Attached Thumbnails

• 33.jpg
  • 22.jpg
  • 11.jpg

#39 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

I want to tell all the people that made the fan made missions to consider that I am planning to release an update, maybe including the so waited BEL missions, so if any of you want to help in making them, you are pleased to do so, also if you want to modify your missions to make them compatible with new standards and especially, coherent with the mods new status (make same commandos abilities, same view when in cover, etc.) you must also know that I plan to take away from the green beret the ability to tie up to make the gameplay kind of different. Actually it shouldn't change much since he has the knife but it will be nice because you will need more discretion...
If anybody has more tips or suggestions for more changes, this is the right place to give them :p

#40 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

I love commandos, and I like edit misions, but sometimes I need help to work. now Im playing destination paris 1.40 but in the future I will make more misions.
I have a prototipe of new mision, it is ready to play, but I have more ideas.

Attached Thumbnails

• Dibujo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users