YR Multiplayer issues

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

Struggling for spare time

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:49 PM

It's been ages since I played RA2 or YR on multiplayer(other than LAN). I tried testing one of my mods on YR multi last week and right after logging in but before the lobby came up, the game IE'd on me. Vanilla YR did the same, as did RA2. I did have an issue with the internet components being messed up but fixed that somehow already. Googling the problem has yet to produce anything useful. Does anyone here have any ideas?
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#2 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:29 PM

Post an except?

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#3 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  • Projects:Yuri's New Terror: Armageddon, Advance Wars 2: Yuri's Revenge Rising, Galaga: Gamma Invasion, The Cold War, Battlezone, The Custom Voxel Project
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

Here. The EIP wasn't on ModEnc's list either.

Pardon my late reply. I was busy lately.

Attached Files

Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#4 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

Crashes comparing something... maybe the serial? But it could be any number of things...

Perhaps try a fresh install?

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#5 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:13 AM

Fresh install I already tried, and to no avail. I'm using my own TFD serial. It's worked before, and going to the XWIS site and signing up didn't give me any probs with it.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#6 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Uninstall, clean with CCleaner, reboot, reinstall?

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#7 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

Maybe it's still a problem with your Westwood Shared Internet Components? Try to uninstall them too, and cleaning the registry from any traces of them (maybe except account information, as I'm not sure if it will be restored or not).

Edited by mevitar, 02 November 2010 - 03:59 PM.

ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#8 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

Last time I uninstalled I removed the entire TFD and double-checked for the components and deleted those too. I'll try CCleaner. I don't think it stores account info, except for maybe what you typed in last that worked (WOLinfo.ini, right?). In any case I'll try it and let you know how it goes.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#9 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

*bump*

Well CCleaning and then install didn't work. It said it was missing the shared internet components at first, which is also a first for me as well, but I installed those and tried again. It did the same thing as before. Any other ideas? Does it matter that it's going to a partition other than my boot one? I don't see why, but just throwing that out there.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#10 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

I run YR online without issues from a partition that isn't my boot partition. So it's not that.

#11 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, mine is also on other partition and works fine, granted C: holds my westwood components.

Your not by any chance using the lan hack thingy that needs to be removed or WOL/xwis screws up
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#12 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

wsocks32.dll does not crash the game, it just causes mismatches when trying to start the game. I'd doubt wsocks32.dll to be the culprit. Could always try though.

#13 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

Nope, that's out. And I've played online with it before anyways so I don't think it hurts it. It does cause mismatches sometimes.
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

#14 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

When all else fails, reinstall Windows! :p

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#15 Yurisarmy

Yurisarmy

• Hosted
  • 320 posts
  •  Lurking in the Dark

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:06 AM

I'm not going that far just yet. It's not that high on my list of things to do. :p
Posted Image
Now on ModDB!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users