8 replies to this topic

#1 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

So, we began to make The Foxtrot Code.

Posted Image

In this topic, I try to describe a future addon to PR 7.0.
But since quite difficult to translate into English will be more pictures.

What do we plan?
1) All buildings will Militia from the alpha build of Generals.
(In super-weapons)
except
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

2) a new rank system

3) Make more than 128 upgrades

4) Replace Low poly model to the High Poly.

5) Make the division of units on the tactics (if one tactic will be given some units at each other and so on)

-Tactics of attack
-Defense Tactics
-Tactics Support

6) Replace Barrels tower captured the city.
(To be made a special civic buildings in the city center)

7) New winter Water
Posted Image
+ >20 new civilian high-poly models

8) New Solo play meny

Posted Image
( Ready )

9) New load game picture
Posted Image

+ many new load monitors.

10) New cameos for ALL models.

Posted Image

I plan to make mod more than 1,5 years.
Main target-beat ShockWave.

What I wrote, very little. Planned for a lot longer.
We need a person who has translated to fashion into English after the end of development.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DetroyT(RU), 01 November 2010 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

It's nice and all but one problem. The engine prevents you from having more then 128 upgrades and in order to increase that limit you would have to mod the engine which is a big no-no.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#3 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:24 PM

For each 1 upgrade would be 2-3 steps.

Ps

Posted Image
-New rang system

Posted Image

Edited by DetroyT(RU), 02 November 2010 - 05:24 PM.

#4 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:50 PM

Good work!

#5 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image
On screenshot:
-new missle for Raptor
-Wall-bunker for Infantry General
-New Infantry General Barracks

In future i have a plan to show our work at ModDb,but but it will happen when we make more models. =)

Also:
Posted Image

Posted Image

-3 tactics: Reinforsment,
attack and defense.

Edited by DetroyT(RU), 18 December 2010 - 06:09 PM.

#6 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Wow! This is really looking good!

Keep it up!
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

more than 128 upgrades is possible, I've been doing it for years, but there are exceptions that you have to make.

It works best with "Object Upgrades" such as overlord add-ons or drones. You can replace their usual cameo with a generic and rename them as "Unit Upgrade". then you can use the same upgrades on several units anywhere that price and build time is appropriate. Just consolidating your unit upgrades can make a huge difference in how many "player upgrades" are available.

There are additional workarounds for player upgrades as well, but they have their own drawbacks... though on the flip side they also have a couple perks. I'll be upfront, the drawbacks are: No Upgrade Cameos on units. Buildings/Units that purchase player upgrades must be immune to capture (or they can be exploited). This can sound like a big price to pay, but the perks are substantial.

The benefit is you can have 128 upgrades for EACH faction. Additionally you can build objects that grant the upgrades when complete. (make sure you have build limit 1) This lets you use prerequisites on your upgrades that are normally restricted to units, and even when you lack a "normal" cameo you can still have the correct icon appear in the build list while you're waiting for it to build. You can also use an upgrade from any other faction while keeping a faction specific cost and build time. One last perk about this method is you can make certain upgrades exclusive to each other... ie: you can't have Upgrade B if you chose A or vice-versa. You can do this just by giving the same "MaxSimultaniusTypeKey" type to upgrades you want exclusive.

This method is how I have my mutually exclusive trees working in Remix.

As a side note, you can use the upgrade objects and get all of those benefits without using overlapping upgrades between generals. This way you have all the perks without the compromise.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 DetroyT(RU)

DetroyT(RU)
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

http://www.moddb.com...he-foxtrot-code

#9 Maelstrom

Maelstrom
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:10 AM

more than 128 upgrades is possible, I've been doing it for years, but there are exceptions that you have to make.

It works best with "Object Upgrades" such as overlord add-ons or drones. You can replace their usual cameo with a generic and rename them as "Unit Upgrade". then you can use the same upgrades on several units anywhere that price and build time is appropriate. Just consolidating your unit upgrades can make a huge difference in how many "player upgrades" are available.

There are additional workarounds for player upgrades as well, but they have their own drawbacks... though on the flip side they also have a couple perks. I'll be upfront, the drawbacks are: No Upgrade Cameos on units. Buildings/Units that purchase player upgrades must be immune to capture (or they can be exploited). This can sound like a big price to pay, but the perks are substantial.

The benefit is you can have 128 upgrades for EACH faction. Additionally you can build objects that grant the upgrades when complete. (make sure you have build limit 1) This lets you use prerequisites on your upgrades that are normally restricted to units, and even when you lack a "normal" cameo you can still have the correct icon appear in the build list while you're waiting for it to build. You can also use an upgrade from any other faction while keeping a faction specific cost and build time. One last perk about this method is you can make certain upgrades exclusive to each other... ie: you can't have Upgrade B if you chose A or vice-versa. You can do this just by giving the same "MaxSimultaniusTypeKey" type to upgrades you want exclusive.

This method is how I have my mutually exclusive trees working in Remix.

As a side note, you can use the upgrade objects and get all of those benefits without using overlapping upgrades between generals. This way you have all the perks without the compromise.

Geeze, modding this game has come along way since I've stopped modding. 128 upgrades per faction?!
Objects in my mirror are larger than you could ever be...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users