• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:28 AM

So Im gonna say that the dwarven tower, fortress and fortress towers need the axes removed, arrows would be much better. and not so retarded looking. :p

Kind of a side thought here, but would it be possible to have the arrows fired from towers arc properly, it looks strange with the arrows going so far in a really straight line. ;)

#2 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

The Dwarven archers were added, too, right?

Definitely agree about the towers.
Greetings, community.

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

I concur, Master Kenobi should go

oh wait
I agree that arrows would be better. Should be a simple fix, although I can't recall if there's upgrades and whatnot and whichnot (is that even a word?)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

@gfire: the dwarves do have the archers in the current wip. Oh and by the way they are AWESOME!

The towers do use the an upgrade for the axes, I imagine it's like forged blades but for throwing axes. personally I think the arrows should get mithril tips instead of fire arrows.

#5 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:09 AM

Why would Dwarves use Mythril for arrow tips?
Or for that matter for general armour,it's suppose to be extremely rare and valuable.
Frodo's shirt was supposed to be for a Prince I think.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#6 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:36 AM

You have a point Rad, I didn't really think about it. Mithril was most likely reserved for kings, princes and decorative arms and armor. It would never make it onto a common battlefield. What would you call the dwarven armor and weapons upgrades - seems a bit mundane to just call em "heavy armor" and "forged blades" something representing the dwarves superior crafting abilities would be more fitting.

Edited by njm1983, 02 November 2010 - 03:37 AM.

#7 Elegost

Elegost
  • New Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

I'm thinking something like " Silver arrows " a bit like elves but with a diiferent color and for the blades , maybe an upgrade " Strong blades " which is kinda like iron blades but more resistant and thougher , more shiny too .

#8 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

Allright... good point (topic) NJM!

- Axes will defenitely be removed, and replaced by arrows! *noted and put in ToDo List*
- Arrow heads will not have mithril. Nor will much other things in SEE, except for hero armor and such I guess. The current metallic upgrades for HA in this faction will simply be refered to as metal, not mithril =)
- Don't think there's any coding for arc bending pathways of arrows... if there were we'd use that for ALL arrows. Instead, I'll revise the lenght of all arrow equiped units and structures to more realistic ranges...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#9 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

The upgrade for the arrows could be called simply "Dwarven Steel", a secret alloy of improved standard steel.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

- Don't think there's any coding for arc bending pathways of arrows... if there were we'd use that for ALL arrows. Instead, I'll revise the lenght of all arrow equiped units and structures to more realistic ranges...

I think you could do it. It's just a projectile code. You could use the projectile code for like catapults or balistas (do they arc? I think they do...) And just substite an arrow model and effects. Then just adjust the speed and maybe acurracy or whatever. To make it act and look like an arrow. It's all the same foundation of code.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#11 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:22 PM

I was wrong... all arrows in BFME2 do arc... =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users