Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

Could you guys could possibly redo Aragorn and the Ithilien Rangers? Aragorn should be represented like he is in the movies and go from Ranger to King. He could start out like he is in the Fellowship of the Ring, eventually end up like he looks a during the battle of Pelennor Fields and then finally end up with his Black Gate Armor. Or you could have a special Spell book upgrade that gives him his Black Gate Armor so the player can choose wheter or not he becomes the king or stays the Ranger (Which I would probably choose because the Hooded Ranger from the FOTR is so much cooler than the Armored Soldier from the ROTK, IMO)

On the case of the Ithilien Rangers, could you passibly reskin them and give them Multiple models. What you could do is have some Rangers with their hoods up and some with them down since in the movies, the Rangers didn't always have their hoods up.

Dunedain Ranger

Edited by Dunedain Ranger76, 04 November 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

It would indeed fit the storyline to have Aragorn change appearance through the game. Initially I thought this would be for the campaign only, but we did change Gandalf into the White after he dies the first time, so I guess we could do this too without too much effort... =) *noted*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

I had a similar idea. As he levels up he should change skin (from Ranger, to Helm's Deep armour to King's armour). It's an interesting suggestion to have the option of upgrading him with King's armour, instead of it being a passive change...
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, we'll make something useful around this =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#5 Dúnedain76

Dúnedain76

Misty Mountain Hop

• Division Admins
  • 451 posts
  •  Mapper, Artist, Coder
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:The3rdAge Admin

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

I had a similar idea. As he levels up he should change skin (from Ranger, to Helm's Deep armour to King's armour). It's an interesting suggestion to have the option of upgrading him with King's armour, instead of it being a passive change...

There is only one thing about the Helms Deep Armor, He only wore it once and he was with Rohan when he wore it. In the mod he is more of a Gondor hero so I don't think it would be fitting for him.

#6 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

I believe the Edain mod has done something similar to this; just saying. :thumbsupsmiley:
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

They have. I don't see what's wrong with another mod doing that :thumbsupsmiley:.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#8 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

They have. I don't see what's wrong with another mod doing that ;).

I SEE. :thumbsupsmiley: It would be nice to have Aragorn be able to go from Strider to King Elessar. I hope that's able to be put in the mod somehow (if Nazgul considers it of course)
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users