From the darkness...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Well, it's been over two years since I last made a post in my mod's news forum. Two years is far too long.

In two years, the community has undergone many changes - old mods have withered away, new mods have appeared; old network sites have fallen off the radar, new upstarts have rose to take their place; C&C itself has seen the Tiberium saga concluded, and the Red Alert series take a (debatable) new turn.

Personally, I've gone from being CNC3.net's division leader to running the whole Guild; my real-life workload has increased exponentially, and this mod was left to drift into quiet obscurity.

In the modding arena, RockPatch was superseded (not without protest) by NPatch as the tool to use for extending modding possibilities. However, now Ares is in the process of getting that title back from NPatch. With the new options opened up by Ares, how could I not have a go at the mod again?

As you can see, I've completely remade the website. Gone are the years-old pages detailing silly additions that had no real basis in a YR extension mod. Instead, I've redesigned the mod itself. Some things have remained from the previous versions, but there are some new additions entirely.

TVTropes has a definition entitled "Darker and Edgier", and that's what I've been aiming towards here. There's less campy sci-fi stuff thrown in for no reason, with things taking a more realistic turn, and I've made an effort to have a story explanation for every addition. You can see the progress made in each section of mod additions at the top of the respective page. Yes, there's little to look at for now, mostly because I am not an artist, and doing anything in that field beyond cameos is incredibly difficult for me, but things should begin to happen.

Anyway, that's enough rambling. Keep your eyes open here every now and then, I should have some things to post up from time to time. If you're interested in getting involved, I wouldn't mind assistance from anyone with SHP and/or voxelling capabilities, and I'm always open to hiring beta testers.

Time to get to work.

~Nighthawk.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#2 hclarkjr

hclarkjr
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

welcome back, will be looking forward to trying it out when done

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

Good to see the third war back in action, I look forward to pics ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 hclarkjr

hclarkjr
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

any more news on progress? if you need beta tester i would be glad to help

Edited by hclarkjr, 27 December 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#5 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:38 AM

Well I am not sure if some of the proposed "upgrades" can work without flaws but I see interesting ideas.

If u want maybe some assets from RH might be of usage to you.
Posted Image

#6 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

They all, bar one, work 'in theory' with the most recent version of Ares. Whether that will apply in practice though, I'll just have to wait and see. :lol:

Edit: The unworkable one will be workable once a feature confirmed for 0.2 is implemented.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users