Photo

How do you move game data block in gamedata.ini and a few other questions?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

I'm trying to edit the gamedata.ini and I found this:

- move all the macros in 'gamedata.ini' to 'default\water.ini'
- move the GameData block in 'gamedata.ini' to a new file 'object\gamedata.ini'
- and of course put the new INI files at the appropriate place in your mod smile.gif

But I don't fully understand it... If you anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
If I understand correctly, I move any "#define" I want into the water.ini folder? I just don't understand the rest...
But please help me. My old way of modding doesn't work anymore....

Edited by Tag, 08 November 2010 - 02:07 AM.

#2 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Also, I'm sorry if it's against the rules to make another topic so soon...

#3 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:26 AM

I put all of the macros that I wanted into the water.ini and put the game data at the end of gamedata.ini in gamedata in the default folder. But I receive an error:
CODE

Unknown block '#define' Error parsing INI block '#define' in file Data\INI\Water.ini

This is the New Macro I put:
CODE
define A_DWARVEN_PERSONAL_BASIC_TRAINING_BUILDCOST 300
#define A_DWARVEN_PERSONAL_BASIC_TRAINING_BUILDTIME 5

Edited by Tag, 08 November 2010 - 04:26 AM.

#4 Ouranos

Ouranos
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Projects:The Battle for Alagaësia

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

You need to put all the macros in the ini/default/water.ini file (that means the #define MACRONAME). Then you need to create a new ini file named gamedata.ini in ini/object/ and copy the gamedata block from the ini/gamedata.ini to this file.

#5 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

You need to put all the macros in the ini/default/water.ini file (that means the #define MACRONAME). Then you need to create a new ini file named gamedata.ini in ini/object/ and copy the gamedata block from the ini/gamedata.ini to this file.

Okay, I moved all of the macros into the water.ini file, but do I cut them and paste them into water.ini or do I just just copy and paste?
I also made a new ini file named gamedata.ini in ini\object and cut and pasted all of the end of gamedata.ini into the file. But I still get this message:
CODE
Unknown block '#define' Error parsing INI block '#define' in file Data\INI\Water.ini

Edited by Tag, 08 November 2010 - 08:09 PM.

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

Make a text document (.txt) and rename it, and when you rename it replace the 'txt' with 'ini' so it looks like: blahblah.txt -> blahblah.ini

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#7 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:13 PM

Make a text document (.txt) and rename it, and when you rename it replace the 'txt' with 'ini' so it looks like: blahblah.txt -> blahblah.ini

Thank you Kwen.
But I still get the
CODE
error message..... I cut and pasted the gamedata.ini block and put in a new ini folder in the object folder and I also cut and pasted all of the macros into the water.ini.
Are there any preconverted ROTWK 2.01 ini files on this site?

#8 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

oh, you can only have NEW macros in water.ini :p

Don't think there's 2.01 on the site, seems 1.00 is the only one (I'm guessing you mean 1.01, but still, there is only 1.00)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#9 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

Why is it whenever I put folders from other mods I've done the game doesn't register the mods?

#10 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:53 AM

It's not registering my mods again....
My Mod Folder is: C:\My Mod
My target is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\My Mod"
Is everything correct?

#11 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Projects:Tol-in-Gaurhoth
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

-mod C:\My Mod

Without quotation marks. That should do it.

Defender of the Lawful Evil

Posted Image

#12 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

Is still can't mod!! It still doesn't recognize my mod.... I start with a new ini file and make one simple change in the createaherosystemwizard and it doesn't recognize it....
Could you please copy and paste your target?
I've added and removed quotation marks around C:\ROTWK mod and either way it still doesn't recognize my mod.
I've even moved the mod to a different location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\Users\Taggerung\ROTWK mod"

Edited by Tag, 10 November 2010 - 06:36 AM.

#13 Ridder Geel

Ridder Geel

Master Yelloh

• T3A Staff
  • 10,852 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod + SEE + RTS Engine
  •  The Dangerous T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

where is the createaherosystemwizard file located in that directory?
...your target currently looks fine...

Edited by Ridder Geel, 10 November 2010 - 07:33 AM.

Ridder Geel

#14 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

Well something was wrong... So now I'm just editing INI.big directly with FinalBig. It's more difficult than my old way of modding but....
Thanks for wanting to help though.
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times, but how would I add another formation with the Dwarven Guardian? I know it's in the ini\object\goodfaction\hordes\dwarven ini but I don't know what to look for or how I would change it....

#15 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

Do you want to create a Toggle Formation for your horde? Or do you mean something else?

Edited by Imdrar, 11 November 2010 - 10:13 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

Do you want to create a Toggle Formation for your horde? Or do you mean something else?

No, I mean how do I create another line of dwarven guardians?

#17 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

That's quite easy. Just post the part of your code which defines the unit positions within the horde - including the Banner Carrier - and I'll show you. :p

Posted Image

#18 Tag

Tag
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

That's quite easy. Just post the part of your code which defines the unit positions within the horde - including the Banner Carrier - and I'll show you. :p

The noldor warrior doesn't have any banner carrier data....:
CODE
; Positions for 6
RankInfo = RankNumber:1 UnitType:NoldorWarrior Position:X:50 Y:7.5 Position:X:50 Y:-7.5 Position:X:50 Y:25 Position:X:50 Y:-25 Position:X:50 Y:42.5 Position:X:50 Y:-42.5
;RankInfo = RankNumber:2 UnitType:NoldorWarrior Position:X:30 Y:0 Leader 1 0 Position:X:30 Y:20 Leader 1 1 Position:X:30 Y:-20 Leader 1 2 Position:X:30 Y:40 Leader 1 3 Position:X:30 Y:-40 Leader 1 4

RanksToReleaseWhenAttacking = 1
End

And here's the Dwarven guardian:
CODE
; Banner Carrier info
BannerCarriersAllowed = DwarvenBanner ;// types of units that are allowed as banner carriers
BannerCarrierPosition = UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Pos:X:70.0 Y:0.0 ;// (DEFAULT) position of banner carrier

RankInfo = RankNumber:1 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:50 Y:0 Position:X:50 Y:20 Position:X:50 Y:-20 Position:X:50 Y:40 Position:X:50 Y:-40
RankInfo = RankNumber:2 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:30 Y:0 Leader 1 0 Position:X:30 Y:20 Leader 1 1 Position:X:30 Y:-20 Leader 1 2 Position:X:30 Y:40 Leader 1 3 Position:X:30 Y:-40 Leader 1 4
; RankInfo = RankNumber:3 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:10 Y:0 Leader 2 0 Position:X:10 Y:20 Leader 2 1 Position:X:10 Y:-20 Leader 2 2 Position:X:10 Y:40 Leader 2 3 Position:X:10 Y:-40 Leader 2 4

Thank you

#19 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

Okay, it's maybe even easier than I expected. :p

I guess you've got all this stuff in the same line.

;RankInfo = RankNumber:3 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:10 Y:0 Leader 2 0 Position:X:10 Y:20 Leader 2 1 Position:X:10 Y:-20 Leader 2 2 Position:X:10 Y:40 Leader 2 3 Position:X:10 Y:-40 Leader 2 4

Just remove the semicolon in front of the line. Same treatment for the Noldor Warriors.
Of course you have to change the number of slots for your horde from 10 to 15 (Noldor: 6 to 11) and also the InitialPayload.
And don't forget about this:

RanksToReleaseWhenAttacking = 1 2 (for Noldor)

RanksToReleaseWhenAttacking = 1 2 3 (for the Dwarves)

Just in case you intend to even create a fourth line for the Dwarves, it would look like this:

RankInfo = RankNumber:4 UnitType:DwarvenGuardian Position:X:-10 Y:0 Leader 3 0 Position:X:-10 Y:20 Leader 3 1 Position:X:-10 Y:-20 Leader 3 2 Position:X:-10 Y:40 Leader 3 3 Position:X:-10 Y:-40 Leader 3 4

RanksToReleaseWhenAttacking = 1 2 3 4

And - of course - slots and payload. But a third line should be enough. ;)

Edited by Imdrar, 12 November 2010 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

Back to BFME2 & RotWK Modding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users