KingElessar2384

Skill of a Ranger, Courage of a Warrior, Leadership of a King

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Projects:Reading the SEE Forum and other things
  •  SEE Guardian, Defender of the Good

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

*edited topic description* /Naz

I'm not sure if anyone cared or if this bothered anyone, but I just don't like that red-smoke light that comes up when Aragorn or Boromir are using blademaster. Perhaps it could be changed? I was thinking either that subtle white glow you used for the forged blades upgrade in beta 4.5 , or you could use the blue light from the banner carrier or from Aragorn's anduril power. For evil heroes that have the blademaster ability, I was thinking a blackish or dark glow. Idk, what are your thoughts?

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 November 2010 - 05:10 PM.

This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

Well... there are lots of FX that I want changed or even removed. The abslute WORST of them all was:

- Forged Blades FX. The "Star Wars" glow made all units look like Jedis... terrible. That was the first to go. Currently we use no FX at all here, but are going for a small symbol above the horde, or new textures for the banner carriers. Secondy we had the:

- Leadership FX. The aweful golden light that spread like ballerina dresses around the units, was the second FX to be changed. Now we use a pretty subtle burst of stars that flicker around the unit/s from time to time, while under the influence of Leadership.

Besides this, there are several minor issues to tend to regarding FX, but those are so minor that we can't focus on them yet. This is for the polishing phase, after Beta 4.9 =)

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 November 2010 - 05:09 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:07 AM

Maybe we could refer to the best(at least I think) Lotr games EA's ever made: namely the Two Towers and Return of the King. When using a special move or combination, there's usually that glow on the weapon. Ex: Aragorn uses his "Wrath of Numenor" move, where he holds his sword up and after a couple of seconds; his sword bursts into flames and when he swings it, fire goes in like 5 directions. Perhaps this could be implemented?
This day does not belong to one man, but to all, let us together rebuild this world, that we may share in days of peace.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

Eeeer no, sorry... We're trying to REDUCE fx, not increase it :thumbsupsmiley:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#5 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Eeeer no, sorry... We're trying to REDUCE fx, not increase it :p

My bad :p It's your mod, I hope you find a way to solve this. How about showing how the heroes can be a blademaster by having them do more than just basic swings with their weapons; like Aragorn did more that in the books and movies. He had upswings, down strikes, wide slashes( he kills multiple enemies in one strike), he could kill an enemy behind him without having to turn around, etc. *stops rambling* oh wait, have you got a current animator? Nevermind, I'll have you figure this out :thumbsupsmiley: Thx

Edited by KingElessar2384, 20 November 2010 - 03:05 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

You should probably know that animating is THE hardest thing in modding to accomplish, at least according to me :thumbsupsmiley:
You see, EA used motion capture technology and live actors to create those super realistic anims we see in these games. What we do, when we edit or "create" new models is mostly and generally using existing models and switching anims by "rigging" a model to another model's "skeleton". The skeleton, or SKL as it's called in codes, is the 3D coordinates that provide the animations. To make completely NEW anims, is not impossible, but it's VERY time consuming and pretty booring I'd imagine. Besides it would be virtually impossible to create anims that would match the motion capture anims. So, new anims are highly unlikely unless we find them in game

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

TDH has new motion captured animations. It's not impossible.

Just sayin'.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#8 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

Also A little goes a long ways. Minor edits in the right places can make an animation seem entirely new.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#9 KingElessar2384

KingElessar2384

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

Also A little goes a long ways. Minor edits in the right places can make an animation seem entirely new.

True, True :thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users