Photo

Favorite BFME race (in general)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite BFME Race

BFME1

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

BFME2/RotWK

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:31 AM

I'm looking to do a little research here and am wondering, what is your favorite race in general. Obviously it might change depending on the mod you're playing, but if you had to choose. I am allowing you to pick multiple races if you have trouble deciding or in general have multiple favorites.

If you don't mind, please post here with a little more information. Why and why don't you like each race? Is it a personal preference or do you think some races really need some changes to be up to par? If it is BFME2/RotWK please state which version you like better, the BFME2 or the RotWK, unless it is Angmar of course.

Thank you for your time, you are potentially helping me (or others who read this) help you
Greetings, community.

#2 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

I got to say I love Rohan mostly cause of there awesome horsemen, like who doesn't like rohirrin :) Plus they have some very awesome heroes like Eomer and Theoden, Eomer being one of my favorites. For BFME2 well I don't play that shit game.

safsignature.png

#3 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

Double up for Isengard I guess. Voted Rohan too for BFME1, 'cause there I'm with Spartan, even though I like Isengard pretty much.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#4 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:57 AM

Thanks... And that's kinda what my plan is, to a make an actually playable version of BFME2, maybe RotWK... Considering my quality-over-quantity standards I doubt I'll be splitting Gondor and Rohan, but I'll make it viable to go for that epic Rohan cavalry you're talking about and bring back the epicness of BFME1.
Greetings, community.

#5 Elric

Elric

Designer

• Hosted
  • 2,857 posts
  • Projects:Middle-Earth Expanded
  •  Coder
  • Donated

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

Bfme 1 Rohan because of the elven warriors and because of aragorn gimli and legolas being together... Also like all the portraits and button images better.... I like elves because of all the new heros that came out inbetween bfme 1 - bfme 2

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:35 AM

BFME1: Isengard, not sure why actually. They're challenging and rewarding to play as.

BFME2: Just sucks in general. However playing Sparta is pretty awesome :)

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#7 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:14 AM

BFME 1: I enjoy the good factions mostly, as i like to see my heroes and units level up and gain abilities. I also like playing good vs evil matches, it gives me a little tingle watching my forces hold off swarms of orcs and whatnot ;) I also prefer being able to give units upgrades and support them (with wells and statues), rather than spamming lots of weak units to overwhelm the enemy (i.e. Mordor).

But i also voted "Other", as i only play TDH or TEA these days, so i often play as dwarves/elves for similar reasons (plus dwarves just kick ass anyway :)). Also for all the changes that the mods make to the original factions, and for the reskins (i can't even look at vanilla BFME1 any more).

BFME 2: Like most people, i never play it. If i do though, i'd probably play dwarves. I don't like factions with huge amounts of heroes (e.g. men, elves, mordor) as it gets very redundant after a while :D

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

I like Isengard and Gondor, because of their upgradable and therefore powerful infantry.
I am an infantry user. :)
Although I can't stand losing units... so mordor is out of the question.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#9 EggyDan

EggyDan

Eodynn

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

I voted Rohan for bfme1, Theoden and rohirrim with glorious charge ftw :p I guess Rohan was my favourite partly because of the heroes and units and such, but for me a big part of it was the Rohan 'feel', by this I mean the architecture, voices, armour style etc. This is probably why I don't really play Men in bfme2, since it really is just Gondor with rohirrim and a few extra heroes... how is that truly representative of the men of the west? :/

As for bfme2, I voted Mordor, simply because I played a game against two of my friends the other day as Mordor and trashed them ;) I kinda forgot how good it was to flood with orcs and easterlings to keep em busy and then send in few Mumakil to rip em apart :] Another reason I like Mordor is the visual effect of the Morgul Sorcery on the fortress, look ace :p and the Mordor building design in general is great. Also I think the Orc Archers are one of the better looking units in the game.

My least favourite faction is Angmar, I just plain don't get it. There are some interesting unit concepts in there but all in all I don't find it an appealing faction to play as.

So I guess for me, what makes a good faction is a combination of having a good graphical feel, and a fun playing style, but also being pretty close to what the books and films portray is important to me. (I really hate Mountain Giants)

#10 Elegost

Elegost
  • New Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

In my opinion :

for Bfme 1 : I've had a lot of fun playing Rohan and the powerful riders , their mounted heroes , the camps and the build style , finally I really liked playing both campaigns because it was quite hard and long compared to BFME 2 .

for Bfme2 and the expansion : the number of factions and the heroes , the WotR mode .

In a word , I prefer the more exciting campaign of the first Bfme and the way we have to defend castles , camps , for me it was more strategic than Bfme 2 .

#11 BigBrainiac

BigBrainiac
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Projects:Ghosts of Arnor (for RotWK)
  •  Mod Leader/ Coder / Skinner / Mapper

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

In BFME1, I like Gondor and Rohan because: Gondor is REALLY balanced and Rohan has AMAZING cavalry.

In BFME2, I like: Dwarves, Mordor, and Elves. Dwarves are just awesome, badass siege, epic short guys with beards (what more could you want?) and they have some infantry (like miners) you can mod-in. Elves are nice because: they have great archers ;) and good heroes (like the VERY mod-able Legolas). Mordor is great because they are (mostly) true to Tolkien and have a good swarm tactic.

I never LOVED men (even though I PWNED using them in skirmishes and online) because they shouldn't have merged Gondor and Rohan, they should have just added knights of dol amroth to men and improved upon Rohan.

In vanilla RotWK, Angmar is probably the most tactical faction (best support unit(sorcerers) and thrall masters (good for making a swarm army early-game)

In mods like RJ-RotWK, all of the factions are great (even though I have always sucked with Isengard no matter how I play)

Sorry for the lengthy comment, but I can have a strong opinion. :p

#12 Elrond99

Elrond99

title available

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:None at the moment
  •  Modder without work and time :-S

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

Voted Rohan and Other for BfME1 as I liked Basicly the Rohan parts of the campaign and the Elven warriors, but also the Elven factions from TEA and the Elvenstar Mod

For BfME2 I voted other, because it´s a very cool game, but I can´t stand the 7 completly equal factions with different models, in BfME the 4 factions had far more diversity, I thought about voting Elves, bbut I hate their comic design and that all kinds of Elves are mixed together without any plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users