Why are we updating 2.0psi? First of all - because I now know how I should have fixed all the critical bugs in that version. That means, no more Apoc/BFRT crawling, Epsilon campaign progression issues etc. Everything's listed in the changelog below. Second - 3.0 will be different from version 2.0 so it shouldn't be left unpatched, at least not left with those gamebreaking bugs, right? Also, you will be able to feel the difference once you play 3.0 for the first time.
And god damn, 2.0psi should've been patched ages ago. So it is. Better late than never.
download section), core launcher for v2.0psi and new patch.
Now, to check if you have everything installed properly, you should take a look at the bottom-right corner in the first section of the main menu. It should look like this:
If it does say it's 2.0psi P2 / NPSE then you have both patch 2 and NPSE 0022 installed correctly.
Be warned - .xmlf file for Patch 2 has the same name as .xmlf for Patch 1 released 25 months ago, so make sure you have the right file in your game directory before activation!
Information given on the website about units, sides, features etc. may not be accurate, because the website will be only updated before 3.0 release!
* * *
Changes in Patch 2 (19.11.2010):
- gates for Soviets and Epsilon included
- Mission progression for Epsilon is fixed
- Spy infiltration bug ultimately fixed
- Battle Fortress/Apocalypse Tank will no longer lose their speed
- Apocalypse Tank is no longer an omnicrusher
- Elite Apocalypse Tanks target air units again
- Elite Mig Fighters can attack air units now
- Mig Fighter damage vs structures decreased
- Barracuda fires two missiles instead of one (with power equal to previous single missile)
- Sniper weapons no longer work against airborne infantry
- Shadow Tank requires Research Lab
- Virus requires Research Lab
- Sniper requires Allied Tech Center
- Mirage Tank requires Allied Tech Center
- Shroud is permamently removed in Foresight game mode
- Killer Whale no longer uses a sonic wave and can fight other underwater animals
- Soviet Repair Drone is amphibious now
- Grizzly Tank is no longer immune to mind control
- Robot Tank is buildable in skirmish again
- Tesla Trooper is no longer immune to tesla weapons
- Aeroblaze can no longer attack hover/naval units
- Black Eagle no longer uses a HMG against air units
- Scavenger armor increased by 50 points
- Focus Tank armor increased by 70 points
- Centurion Siege Crawler damage decreased
- EA/WW loading video removed
- Epsilon can build Research Lab in Bloody Games
- Epsilon Attack Dog no longer kills with poison
- Tank Bunker requires Epsilon Conyard only again
- Battle Bunker requires Soviet Conyard only again
- Americans receive veteran Tanya instead of veteran GIs
- Chinese receive veteran Flak Troopers instead of veteran Conscripts
- Abrams Tank will no longer attack parachuting Adepts in YUR04
- Virus will now auto target enemies in YUR04
- animations translucency removed
- updated soviet sidebar
- new art for Watch Tower
- added improved score screen animations for Epsilon by Blade
- updated Enforcer sound
- updated Epsilon Airpad cameo
Things which will NOT be fixed in 2.0psi:
- Assault Mappacks are read incorrectly by the mod, you have to rename AM mixes (see forums)
- New maps provided by the mod will most likely cause Reconnection Errors
- Tech slider set to 1 may cause crashes, don't use it
* * *
All right then, back to work on 3.0.. Stay tuned! Oh, and btw..
Edited by Speeder, 20 February 2012 - 02:07 PM.