Axises of Middle-earth

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Greetings, people. Remember me? I'm the guy that gave ideas for the Rhun/Harad faction, and now I am here to post something regarding all factions.

As we know from the books, the War of the Ring is very much WW1 and WW2 in that each side is a set of multiple factions. The word for an alliance of factions is an axis, and so all of this drove me to share this with you guys:

---------------------------------------

Axis of Shadow

1. Mordor

2. Rhun

3. Isengard

4. Supporting Kingdoms:
Moria, Gundabad, Angmar, Ettenmoors
Harad, Umbar, Khand
Red Mts, Last Desert, Yellow Mts (of the south)

Axis of Light

1. Mirkwood

2. Gondor

3. Erebor

4. Supporting Kingdoms:
Iron Hills, Blue Mts, Grey Mts
Arnor, Dale & Carrock, Rohan, Dorwinion
Rivendell, Lorien, Mithlond
The Shire, Gladden Fields

---------------------------------------

I made this based off of Lore and off of the Atlas of Middle-earth that was also adapted from it.

And obviously these two axises were referred to as the "Free Peoples" versus the "Forces of Darkness", in the original books and in adaptations.

~E~

If I am missing something, post it, please.....

Edited by Emperor of the East, 25 November 2010 - 07:32 PM.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

Cross out Angmar. It was not part of the War of the Ring. Also cross out Blue Mountains, Grey Mountains, Arnor, Mithlond, Gladden Fields, Red Mts, Last Desert, Yellow Mts, Ettenmoors.

I am also very iffy about a couple of other things(meaning I am unsure about these, but would prefer they be removed all together), including: Rivendel, Mithlond, Carrock, Dorwinion, and Gundaband.

Arnor should be replaced by the Rangers of the North. Arnor was a kingdom, the Rangers of the North were a band of rangers. You should add Harad as part of the axis of shadow, as they were a significant part. Mirkwood should be switched with Lorien, as Lorien did much more. Rohan should be considered a main power. Erebor and the Iron Hills were mainly the Longbeard house of Dwarves, so they should be called that.

This is more of a broad sense of the Third Age, not the War of the Ring :shiftee2:.

Edited by yams in a can, 30 November 2010 - 03:23 AM.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#3 King Harlaus

King Harlaus
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

I have to agree with you , Yams in a can . Rohan IS a crucial part of WotR in the South , whereas in the North ,Dale and Erebor also have a main part in the fight . For the Elves , we 'd better considered Mirkwood and Lorien , don't forget there were 3 assaults upon Lorien ( the 11 , 15 and 22 March 2019 ) and an other attack on the northern border of Mirkwood (the 15th of the same month ) .But in Eriador , it was mainly during the Scouring of the Shire wich involved Hobbits , of course . The Dunedain of the North surely had a minor role in the North , attempted to defend Eriador with the Elves of Rivendell against the Evil foes ....
"Life without a friend is like death without a witness."

#4 MightyCrow

MightyCrow
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

A couple of things I think you should change:
  • Rohan should be its own faction
  • Harad should be its own faction

Not sure about others. Good work though :)

#5 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:18 PM

I agree that Lorien should have be considered a faction, they did take down Dol Goldur. Mirkwood only defended, so they get the support role...

Dunedain were pretty significant. They helped Aragorn call on the Oathbreakers, each being a captain in the Battle of Pellonor fields (of the slaves of the Corsairs), and participating in the Battle of the Morannon (Black Gate). Hobbits are support because they were the only force of good in the final battle of the War of the Ring, the Scourging of the Shire.

Add Dunland and Ruffians to the axis of evil as support. The wild men were not part of Isengard, but the helped them alot. They went on raids, and were in the Battle of Helms Deep. The Ruffians were the enemy of the Hobbits in the Scourging of the Shire.

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#6 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

The Mountains. This indicates that dwarves sheltered here, and that the red mountains aren't well known.

Dorwinion was a place of wines, and was therefore exempt from attack

You know what, I have the Thain's book allowing me to re-write this whole thing.

Axis of Shadow

1. Mordor

2. Rhun

3. Harad

4. Isengard

5. Supporters:

Moria, Khand, Umbar, Dunland

Axis of Light

1. Lorien/Mirkwood

2. Erebor/Iron Hills

3. Gondor

4. Rohan

5. Supporters:

Arnor Rangers, Dale, Bree, The Shire

Source

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#7 King Harlaus

King Harlaus
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

That's better ! ;) but did you know if the Cuivienen Elves (Moriquendi ?) and the Dwarves from Orocarni fight against hordes of Rhûnic tribesmen ?

#8 King Harlaus

King Harlaus
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

That's better ! ;) but did you know if the Cuivienen Elves (Moriquendi ?) and the Dwarves from Orocarni fight against hordes of Rhûnic tribesmen ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users