archer modeling problem

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts
  •  Experienced INI Coder, Advanced Rigger/Binder.

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hi everyone,
im trying to make a aragorn form using a bow using the rangers animations
http://www.the3rdage...tem-371?addview
I followed lurtzy's tutorial on how to make a peasant an archer but used aragorn and it turned out like this when i viewed it in w3d viewer :) :) ,
Posted Image
The animations don't work... ;) when i do the Bombard animation the arrow just goes away and comes back... :p

Edit:
there was a question that kwen fixed, the texture didn't appear

Edited by modboy451, 01 December 2010 - 04:07 PM.

John 3:16 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Psalm 23:1 (ESV)
A Psalm of David.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

The texture file needs to be in the same folder as the w3d, then the viewer will read it.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#3 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

The texture file needs to be in the same folder as the w3d, then the viewer will read it.

i feel so stupid! :p
It worked!
my only problem now is that the animations don't work... :) when i do the Bombard animation the arrow just goes away and comes back... :)
see updated post

Edited by modboy451, 30 November 2010 - 09:57 PM.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:27 AM

So you rigged the model using the autolink button after binding to spacewarp? And you made sure that when you exported the model you checked off export skeleton, and selected the GURanger_SKL?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

So you rigged the model using the autolink button after binding to spacewarp? And you made sure that when you exported the model you checked off export skeleton, and selected the GURanger_SKL?

yes im pretty sure i did that,
I re exported it and it didnt change anything!
Any other ideas? :)

Edited by modboy451, 01 December 2010 - 03:40 AM.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:17 AM

You made sure to add all the bones to the spacewarp right?

#7 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

You made sure to add all the bones to the spacewarp right?

i added
all of the bones except the arrow, arrow knock and the meshes (if i do the meshes it gives me an error saying "would create dependency loop" so im guessing thats not right)
ill rebind it
* re binds it *
(i used the arrow and arrow knock this time)
I exported it and it didn't change anything... :)

Edited by modboy451, 01 December 2010 - 06:12 PM.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

If you get the dependency loop message, clone the problem object, delete the original and then rebind.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#9 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

If you get the dependency loop message, clone the problem object, delete the original and then rebind.

already done, still got a dependency loop,
i don't know exactly which bones im supposed to bind could someone give me a list? (i dont know about the arrow, knock and fire arrow tip)
a full list for the Ranger skl would help alot!

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:44 AM

He did the correct thing to not get dependency loop. Don't mislead him.

You're right to add just the bones to the wwskin and not the meshes, though a trick I've found, is when you're in the select bones window (when adding them to the wwskin, there are a bunch of checkboxes to the right, untick geometry and all meshes will be removed from the list. So then you physically CAN'T add the meshes. Just saves headache.

The bottom line is, if you've imported the correct skeleton, added all the bones to the wwskin, linked the mesh to the wwskin, used autobind, and exported as Hierarchal Mesh with the export with skeleton checked and set to the GURanger_SKL it should work.

#11 EggyDan

EggyDan

Eodynn

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:57 AM

I asked a pretty similar question ages ago, though for me I made a silly mistake... I forgot to select all the vertices before pressing the autobind button, and that was my problem solved :) This probably isn't your problem, but thought I would post it just in case it was!

#12 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:58 PM

I asked a pretty similar question ages ago, though for me I made a silly mistake... I forgot to select all the vertices before pressing the autobind button, and that was my problem solved :p This probably isn't your problem, but thought I would post it just in case it was!

I did that... thank you though "eggydan"

Edit:
i was wondering, if i move the bones at all, would that mess it up? :)

Edited by modboy451, 02 December 2010 - 11:47 PM.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
i tried again with a different skl and different animations, and the same thing happens, i did everything correctly, didn't mave anybones, and i even checked to see if the binding was done and it was bound almost perfectly, but it wont play the animations! :)...
please help, it may just be my program, :p

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

What do you mean it was bound perfectly? How can you tell if it wont play any animations? Do other models (ones by EA) play their animations?

#15 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:34 AM

What do you mean it was bound perfectly? How can you tell if it wont play any animations? Do other models (ones by EA) play their animations?

theres a drop-down box (see the pic attached) to see what verticies link to which bone, and i checked and the auto link almost got it perfect, (i guess i don't know for sure though, until i see it with the animations,) thats what i mean by that,
and no the other animations are not working, (ones from ea, i tried normal aragorn)
should i try it in game??? if i try that, should i put the new skn in the W3D.BIG file and add it accordingly?

Attached Thumbnails

• SCREENPIC_004.jpg

Edited by modboy451, 03 December 2010 - 01:34 AM.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

If the other animations are not working, then it is not your binding/exporting that is the problem. When you import the animations in the W3D Viewer you're making sure to select all the GURanger W3D's? The animations, the SKL and the model (SKN). Then you import your aragorn.

#17 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

would i have to im port the ranger skn also?
i just realized my bounding box has dissapeared, would that have anything to do with it (im guessing not,)

Edited by modboy451, 03 December 2010 - 01:57 AM.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

If you set aabox as an export option, then it will be invisible.

#19 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

If you set aabox as an export option, then it will be invisible.

no i mean when i opend it back up in renx the bounding box isn't there...

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 modboy451

modboy451

A small Big-time Modder!

• Project Team
  • 783 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

the pic below shows all the files i add to the viewer (the ones selected or shaded)

Attached Thumbnails

• SCREENPIC_005.jpg

Edited by modboy451, 03 December 2010 - 02:04 AM.

A Psalm of David.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users