Elrond99

title available

• Hosted
  • 464 posts
  • Projects:None at the moment
  •  Modder without work and time :-S

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Yesterday Naz and I discussed our point of view regarding the Elven faction
We both wanted to get rid of Mithlond Sentries and Rivendell Lancers instead using Lorien Horse Archers as early game anti-cav (Lorien doesn't need regular cavalry against archers as they always win archers vs archers)
In the late game they should get an elite pike unit, looking like GW's Guards of the Galadrim Court (need better name though) with some elements from both noldor and Galadhrim

That would leave the faction with Lorien warriors,archers, horse archers, Galadhrim, our spear guard, noldors and mirkwood archers..that's were Naz and I stopped

Now to make the Elves really Lothlorien I came up with some more ideas which I haven't discussed with Naz yet

The Noldors..surprisingly they fit with Lothlorien as when the Elven realm of Eregion was destroyed some noldors fleed to Lorien (most to Rivendell though)..We're using Eldarion's skin and I thought since he made two..we could use the other one (he called it third age noldor I think), not with a blue skirt, but with a red one..that would fit better with the style of the Galadhrim..look at his topic in the showcase forum to see what I mean

And now the mirkwood archers..we could either keep the concept and remodel them and call them something like Guardians of the Borders or completely replace them

The last problem is siege..has anyone got any ideas apart from ballistas, magic siege and ents..?

#2 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

I'm all for replacing Mithlond Sentries and Rivendell Lancers. However, I do like the Mirkwood Archers... so I'd like them to stay. I understand your point though, of making this faction more about Lothlorien only, but I think maybe we shouldn't take it too far at once :) The Mirkwood elves will function like Dunlendings for Isengard, Dale for Erebor, Corsairs for Mordor etc... a supporting "mini faction" within the faction.

For siege, I think we should keep the Ents for the next beta, and then work out some nice alternative after that

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 NewErr

NewErr

Elf-friend

• Project Team
  • 2,177 posts
  • Projects:Wars of The Firstborn
  •  World Wide Artist

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

I'm all for replacing Mithlond Sentries and Rivendell Lancers. However, I do like the Mirkwood Archers... so I'd like them to stay. I understand your point though, of making this faction more about Lothlorien only, but I think maybe we shouldn't take it too far at once :) The Mirkwood elves will function like Dunlendings for Isengard, Dale for Erebor, Corsairs for Mordor etc... a supporting "mini faction" within the faction.

For siege, I think we should keep the Ents for the next beta, and then work out some nice alternative after that

Well I thought the kingdom of Mirkwood was bigger the Lorien .Mirkwood is not that unimportant IMO , but I guess the fact that the mod is focusing on the movies is hard to pull anything out of them for a Mirkwood faction and it's easier to make it Lothlorien like .

For the Lore's sake keep the mirkwood scouts . :)

#4 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

They could always be inn units. Or via beacon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users