Photo

So tell me how this can ever be right.

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hey now, just because they are gay doesn't mean they wear panties. Don't stereotype people. :p

#42 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

I never said being gay was a mental disorder. Worrying about everything on the planet and mentally chasing your tail is an illness. Being gay is a part of being human. I'm for gay marriage. I'm pro-anything that doesn't hurt other people unless you use lube. What I'm saying is don't take everything so serious. This is not a gay pride march. You're gay, so what, who gives a shit. Now if you had two heads, you'd be worth talking about.

Nor did he claim you said that. Reading comprehension, etc.

And why would this be a "gay pride march"? Because we are defending homosexuality from being labeled a mental disorder? Because we refuse to just nod and smile when it is?

How the hell are these last few posts relevant at all? I don't see it.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#43 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

And how on earth is that "wisdom" relevant to this topic? Because I see you making fun of me, not of yourself? Then, you are a walking parody anyway, so I shan't complain.

This actually hurts my feelings abit. You're implying that I'm stupid or a joke. This isn't true. ;) And neither are you. Which is why I purposely chose to spell your name correctly.

How is a comedian (where his skin colour is purely incidental and irrelevant) ridiculing your personal dance moves in the same league as indicting a whole section of society as possessing a "mental disorder", breeding homophobic abuse and affecting lives? The tolerance of homophobia leads to legislation which separates homosexuals, eg. with the Don't Ask Don't Tell, prohibiting marriage, prohibiting adoption or even worse.
Fucking hilarious. Grow up.

Check this out, this is awesome. " (where his skin colour is purely incidental and irrelevant)" Imagine how PC that is? Imagine having to have that long disclaimer on your post? Yikes, simply to make sure you didn't piss anyone off, or to use it to reinforce your position. We are a sick society to simply have to look that deep to include such a () disclaimer. :p

#44 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

I have to say by embracing the PC to an ridiculous level, we are doing the people PC is meant to suppress a favor by helping them recruit those who are sick and tired of ridiculous PC.

But I believe the border for sensible PC is being crossed when someone defines Homosexuality as a mental disorder. It might just be a misguided personal interpretation of what Mental disorder are, but it should be corrected or pointed out.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#45 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:48 AM

I have to say by embracing the PC to an ridiculous level, we are doing the people PC is meant to suppress a favor by helping them recruit those who are sick and tired of ridiculous PC.

:p

#46 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Wow. All this over bad wording which has been freely admitted. We can concur that there is a mental difference between those who are gay and those who are straight, leading to the alternate sexual preference. Maybe brain chemistry, maybe genetic, who knows. If I'm honest, that's all I think Ganon was getting at. 'Disorder' perhaps was the wrong word to use but then pretty much every synonym including 'deviance' and 'difference' is met with by stigma because human society desires conformity. Which is, of course, why religion exists. To offer and to enforce that conformity.

Anyway, this was supposed to be a serious topic about a serious homophobic injustice. You've all just turned it into another class between the PC brigade and sanity over some bad wording and semantics.

#47 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

I think the sorry fact of the matter is that I will never understand what goes through a gay person's mind.

When did love come into the picture? I wasn't even taking love into account. Not all gay pairs even claim that they are in love, so really I don't think it should have been brought up. Yes it does make the entire discussion a little more dynamic. But when you take into account that some gays (not all) are in it only for sex, it blows your theory right out the window.

So, like I said, I don't understand how people get the idea that fucking another guy/girl is the way to go.

Do you like black girls, white girls, fat girls, goth girls, girls with issues, girls with big boobs, stupid girls, smart girls?

This theory about personal preference has absolutely no backing. Have you noticed the one thing they all have in common? Choosing between different types of girls is understandable. But when you choose between genders, you cross a line. Do you not agree?

Edited by Ganon2020, 06 December 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#48 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

Ash, you were saying?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#49 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

I've concluded that you're either not real, or not conscious. Either way you're not worth my time.
Good day.

#50 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

But when you choose between genders, you cross a line. Do you not agree?

No, because you're full of shit and I know what the fuck I'm talking about.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#51 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

You should all stop being so black about it and just Jew off already.

#52 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:02 PM

Do you like black girls, white girls, fat girls, goth girls, girls with issues, girls with big boobs, stupid girls, smart girls?

This theory about personal preference has absolutely no backing. Have you noticed the one thing they all have in common? Choosing between different types of girls is understandable. But when you choose between genders, you cross a line. Do you not agree?

No I do not. Personal preference is a sliding scale. There is no line to cross. The only reason I listed types of girl was because you're straight and I expected you to understand what I was getting at. If I'd been talking to a bisexual such as Beowulf I might have said "black girls, white girls, girls dressed as slutty foxes, men dressed as slutty pikachus, fat girls, beardy guys, smart girls, black guys, guys with big moobs?" Out of curiosity, Fen, what would you go for out of that list?

@Ash: We're sorry to have derailed your serious discussion, but don't tell me you expected anything less. We mostly seem to agree that the whole don't-ask-don't-tell policy and all its attendant problems are not good things, nor are we in favour of soldiers being fired because they're gay.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#53 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:13 PM

No I do not. Personal preference is a sliding scale. There is no line to cross. The only reason I listed types of girl was because you're straight and I expected you to understand what I was getting at. If I'd been talking to a bisexual such as Beowulf I might have said "black girls, white girls, girls dressed as slutty foxes, men dressed as slutty pikachus, fat girls, beardy guys, smart girls, black guys, guys with big moobs?" Out of curiosity, Fen, what would you go for out of that list?

It really depends. But at a cursory glance the girls dressed as slutty foxes would be a top choice, but I wouldn't scoff at the slutty pikachus boys either, nor the black women, white women, smart girls for sure... hell even a cute black guy would be fine. :good: Though... not as into the big girls or men. Some people are, it's just not for me. Though, when it comes down to it, I'm not picky.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#54 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

@Ash: We're sorry to have derailed your serious discussion, but don't tell me you expected anything less. We mostly seem to agree that the whole don't-ask-don't-tell policy and all its attendant problems are not good things, nor are we in favour of soldiers being fired because they're gay.

If I'm honest, I was mostly trying to bait Hostile into the argument. :good: Apparently the moral dissonance of finding that Republicans aren't always right must've held his tongue, lol.

At very least I thought we might have had a few God-botherers cast their lot in and tell me how I'm some servant of Satan. That might've brightened things up.

#55 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Republicans aren't right all the time, but I am...

#56 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

I can't recall what this thread really was about but I've been chuckling for a minute now so something good came out of it :good:

Sigh. Better get back to it.

But when you choose between genders, you cross a line. Do you not agree?

That is a personal preference, and subjectively I can say that it is not for me personally, but it is even less for me to say "no!" to others.

What you are saying is more of a philosophical standpoint than a objective universial code of law. Humanity is growing by 1.1% every year, the philosophy that every single person should have children is PC of the annoying sort. It seems that you think homosexuality is bad because it is against nature and it does not create offspring, but why would that be important if you personally don't care? there are plenty of breeders out there that will cover one's loss ;)
Also, <insert "nature has plenty of species that have homosexuals" reference here> . And the fact that love, both platonic and primal, is probably good for your mental health.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#57 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:57 AM

I can see that I have offended a few people. I am sorry for that, and I will say no more on the subject.

I agree that I took a more philosophical standpoint. I am a bit of an idealist. And, like I said, because I am not gay, I don't understand what goes through a gay person's head. And probably never will.

Edited by Ganon2020, 07 December 2010 - 02:16 AM.

#58 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:11 AM

And, like I said, because I am not gay, I don't understand what goes through a gay person's head. And probably never will.

No, it's the same, just with the same gender rather than the opposite.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#59 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Meh, its a forum for discussing political topics, if people didn't get offended you aren't doing it right. But as long as people are willing to listen in the old-fashioned sense of the word, then there is progress.

#60 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:31 AM

I like your logic Dukie... So yes, gays are a blight and so are straight people. I say we sterilize our meat shields before we even consider them going onto the battlefield. I love war because it's the opposite of breeding. It's rendering humanity to 0 and below. Yet here we are, talking about queer stink in our battlefields. I wish they would enlist lesbians and gays into the army just so some terrorist can bash their skulls in with their goats and relics of holy along with every other mortal skin sack who confuse pride with addiction to the red sand. And so are all idiots who 'join the military'. Soldiers are rare these days... as all I see are men and women who fight for their blood lust, loot and undeserved honor.

Sounds to me like someone's bitter because England lost the war. :thumbsupsmiley:

This is no time to be discussing Avatar...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users