#1 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Just a reminder. Mental Omega APYR made it to TOP100 in 2010 ModDB Mod of the Year Awards so if you feel like supporting us, you can vote for MO on this page until 14th December.

Posted Image

We are still looking for people who'd like to join the Mental Omega team. As for now, we need a SHP/2D graphics artist most. We're redoing lots of stuff and adding new features but we have nobody to work on SHPs like buildings, obstacles, terrain, GUI or animations.

Voice actors are also welcome, because we want to add more speeches in missions to make a different campaign feeling for 3.0. Missions will be more dynamic and realistic, but for that we need some resources - audio resources would be a part of this. Not to mention that we could make use of videos, but hell - I doubt that there's anyone who is able to create CGI/briefing videos for new campaigns. :p As for audio, we also want to replace some of unit voices with new, original ones.

Also, it is still in our plans to have the website redesigned for 3.0 but Blodo, our web designer left team some time ago and we have nobody to do the job. If you want to help us out, make sure to PM me.

Two small updates for today:

Posted Image
Stryker I.F.V. (GO GO SANTA!)

Posted Image
Updated Backwarp support power

If you have ideas for support powers, remember to post them in this news item thread. ;)

Also, as I'm working on those support powers, I had the opportunity to test some new Ares features for them. Things you can do with updated Chronosphere are at least amusing:

Stay tuned for more updates!

Edited by Speeder, 22 December 2010 - 05:47 AM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

Chronoshifting buildings is kinda overpowered don't you think :p?

I would help with voice acting, but the mic I got isn't very good quality for recording unfortunately.

Edited by Soul, 11 December 2010 - 05:32 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#3 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

It is, especially when you can chronoshift everything on a map of whatever size you want. :p

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#4 Runown

Runown
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

I would help with SHP/2D graphics,buuuuuuuuuuuuuut answer me a question...

Program to make them,please?Posted Image

#5 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

Runown, I'm glad you'd like to help but if SHP/2d is something you'd have to learn from the start at this point then we would receive your help much later. You're a promising mapper so I think you should stick to that and help us with skirmish/multi map expansion.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#6 Runown

Runown
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

Runown, I'm glad you'd like to help but if SHP/2d is something you'd have to learn from the start at this point then we would receive your help much later. You're a promising mapper so I think you should stick to that and help us with skirmish/multi map expansion.

oh,ok then...

btw,Santa and the Stryker I.F.V. can do...something? Attack,capture,repair,cure...Specially about the I.F.V...Looks like a mobile Xmas tree.

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

Yeah it can shoot stars. :p

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#8 Darkstorm

Darkstorm

Mod Enjoyer

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:12 AM

Amusing indeed...

#9 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

I'd probably try some voice acting, always have wanted to do that. I could also get a friend of mine who I'm sure would love to as well. All depends on what kind of voices you're looking for Speeder. :p

#10 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:55 AM

Yay my anim, atleast somebody uses and that chrono feat is imba, when it can't fit destination it'll just blow up so prone for massive abuse, shame tho :p
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#11 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

Because nothing is funnier than chrono'ing your enemy's MCV around the map. xD

Anyway, I'm also checking out some VA websites and such, perhaps I should post a request there once we know what voices we need. :p

#12 Linglin

Linglin
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

But a setting in ares that overpowered is chornoshifting an enemy building onto a impossible terrain or onto your base but the building that was chornoshifted building explodes .(it is overpowered to craush production buildings or something else)

Edited by Linglin, 14 December 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#13 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

It's just for testing! It will not be a 3.0 feature!

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#14 cerberus

cerberus
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

It's just for testing! It will not be a 3.0 feature!

[/quote New subject are the soviet Tesla tanks going to get a new voxel as well since the current look was a little small and flat i much more like the ra3 version was big and powerful looking not bigger than the apocalypse tank but close to the size to show that it a force to be reckoned with. Just thinking it could use a big stronger look since it only second to the apocalypse tanks in power for soviets Russia .

Very nice looks for the old units question is the 3.0 version going to contain special units for the different factions like before but instead of them have bonuses and a special tank etc. will they also get to have a special soldier unit like a double barrels GGI or something to also have something different . Also not to complain but why is it the further you guys go into updating and making the game better you continue to kill off Yuri's psychic ability i see the master minds and psyhic soldiers but lost the towers but if they will not be returned how about a floating disc counter part that can fly also and handle 3 units a piece in mind control only but not much tougher then the disc in it's armor to keep some balance that should be acceptable. Also a normal question why does the soviets faction on all sides have v4 launchers scud or whatever it is and allies France is only side to have artillery not to mention North Korean has the iron dragon with there v4 so that kinda out matches them in long range even with G cannons since they can't be every where especially away from the base without help. Not to mention the Yuri faction get magnetron on all sides also and Psytowers have best range seems . Just seems to leave allies a little shorted out in the field front.

Also if Yuri get a heli-unit then allies should get alternative hover jet or something to help counter since yes rockteer is nice unit but still not a match for helicopters in numbers there armor is far weaker and harriers and barracuda have there uses as well but mostly for defense killing buildings -- AA for jets or kirov even disc or tanks etc. Just a thought not sure why would be so apposed cause rockteer is the weakest of all the air units even with harriers with light armor as well still has more fire power then they do.

#15 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

-With a little luck, all unit voxels will be redone.

-Country specific infantry will most likely not be implemented. Also, Psychic Tower was completely useless late game. And did you seriously suggest a flying Mastermind? :O

-France specific unit is still under development.

-Allied have Prism Tanks as artillery units.

-Iron Dragon is anti-armor and infantry. It's useless against buildings and defenses.

-Railgun Towers have the same range as Psychic Towers, which have the same range as Tesla Coils and Prism Towers.

-Yuri doesn't need a helicopter unit. They have god damned floating discs!

#16 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

Everything what Alien said is correct except for the pre-last point. Railguns, Tesla Coils and Prism Towers have different ranges.

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#17 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:41 PM

Oh really? :O

Mind giving some details on that?

#18 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Tesla Coil basic, not charged: Range=7
Prism Shot basic, not charged: Range=8
Railgun Tower basic: Range=8

mainbanner.jpg
115776.png

#19 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Hm, I see.

Would still like an easier way to let TT's charge up TC's. It's rather time consuming to place TT's near the correct TC's by hand.

#20 cerberus

cerberus
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

Would still like an easier way to let TT's charge up TC's. It's rather time consuming to place TT's near the correct TC's by hand.
[/quote]

[/quote] I agree with all of the above i was meaning the rail-gun towers in my previous statement i mistaken the name for the wrong one i thought it had the greatest range maybe not . But isn't the new units for Yuri on the site a helicopter flying like version of GDI heli . Also i didn't say for them to have one i was saying allies to get one since rockteer is not the strongest is far weaker than siege choppers and might be then to the new Yuri one also if it has the ability to hit air targets. the Like a hover air jet heli-unit for allies or something not soviets or Yuri only for allies ok. since both other have a hovering unit now.

Just to point out prism tanks have flaw you say there artillery right OK say there is a defense tower in a rig up above the lvl ground and the prism is below it for v4 they can hit it cause they shoot a missiles and dragon to even tho may do no damage unless there troops there. Just saying a prism tank can't roll up and hit it the thing it will try to drive up to same ground lvl resulting in getting destroyed by defenses or enemies units there. cause it only shooting straight ahead not elevated or down from where it is. PLus there range seems a bit short could also be improved if they are artillery is being the true case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users