Final Alert 2 - Voxels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnBigOz

JohnBigOz
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

In Final Alert, is there any way in which voxels COULD appear on the map instead of invisible tiles (the only helpful is the building outline)

Also, in FA, there are numerous copies of Advanced power plants etc, which is the true one? ?

Thanks for reply? I want to make a "campaign" for my brother and when I plan to use TS I was wondering if it's possible to make the voxels of units and buildings appear in FA.

#2 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

In Final Alert, is there any way in which voxels COULD appear on the map instead of invisible tiles (the only helpful is the building outline)

I think that you aren't using it right, I haven't used FA in a long time (but I'll need to re-use it to fix few bugs in existing maps). :p
Have you used the ini file that I distributed for FA2 editor?

Also, in FA, there are numerous copies of Advanced power plants etc, which is the true one? ?

If I'm not wrong is the first one of each cloned building. If you want to be sure that you are using the real buildings (used only by the player) you can open a text editor (do a backup of your work before by precaution) and if you see a GDI power plant called "GDIPOWR1", "GDIPOWR2", "GDIPOWR3" ... rename it by only "GDIPOWR" and the same on each cloned building.
Additional building names are accesible in the rulesmd.ini

Fortunatelly the next release I'll remove that stupid hack to remove the sides limitation of the original game (breaking compatibility if someone used those buildings in any map).

Edited by FS-21, 19 December 2010 - 02:18 PM.

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#3 Directive255

Directive255
  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Projects:The Directive Saga
  •  Kuchenmeister

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Where can I get that ini file?

cake love <3 cake love <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users