I have a problem with pics

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_warcrunsher_*

Guest_warcrunsher_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

hello people
the mod is great. But I have a problem ....
I have the German version of the game and the mod is still ....
But in the game I have no pictures of the units and I know just can not do something. have already made the game uncut with a patch but it's still the same. Do you have an idea how can I change this?

thx

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:57 AM

hello people
the mod is great. But I have a problem ....
I have the German version of the game and the mod is still ....
But in the game I have no pictures of the units and I know just can not do something. have already made the game uncut with a patch but it's still the same. Do you have an idea how can I change this?

thx

PM Captain Drake, he has made a German version of some of the files.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Well I didn't, and I got the american version btw, I think it's .csf file that causes this problem I guess

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Well I didn't, and I got the american version btw, I think it's .csf file that causes this problem I guess

I thought you had made a version with the data files converted to the German naming structure... maybe I did that... .. hmmm..

I wonder if it's possible to change an ini or regestry entry to make it look for the english folder names. I don't know enough about this to be too much help.

I do know that if the .big file is extracted and the english folders renamed to German you'll be able to see them, but that's a real pain in the ass.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5 Guest_warcrunsher_*

Guest_warcrunsher_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

ok but what can I do? or does anyone have an idea how can I change this because the mod is funny without the pictures.

hmm I can help someone maybe write files convert or replace it so it goes ......

please help

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

no, I have only installed the mod as it is
and it worked but I have no pictures of the units. I do not have what rewritten or changed in the files. I have just the German version of zero hour.
I was surprised it worked but it has so without containing pictures and so much experience I have not re-write the files to their own ... It would be really great if we could somehow solve the problem

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

no, I have only installed the mod as it is
and it worked but I have no pictures of the units. I do not have what rewritten or changed in the files. I have just the German version of zero hour.
I was surprised it worked but it has so without containing pictures and so much experience I have not re-write the files to their own ... It would be really great if we could somehow solve the problem

There is a solution, but it's a little technical.

You need to use a program called FinalBig. You need to open all of the Remix.Big files and "extract all" to your hardrive. This will create the folders and files on your harddrive the way they look inside the .big file. You can then go through the mod and find every file and folder that says "English" and rename it to "German". Once this is done you need to repack the .big file and install the files by hand as if you had TFD version.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

ok the problem is now in the mod, I unzipped it and there are now four different files:! remix_data.big, remix_sound.big, remix_ini.big, remix_art.big!. I have to change all or not? these are present in the files of the mod remix beta version 0.75. or is it the file in the mod alpha remix?
It makes a big difference what mod do I use?

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

ok you have to help me I think until now to change any file in the big files ......
can you give me screenshots in the forum so I shall see how you think that would be great.

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

ok the problem is now in the mod, I unzipped it and there are now four different files:! remix_data.big, remix_sound.big, remix_ini.big, remix_art.big!. I have to change all or not? these are present in the files of the mod remix beta version 0.75. or is it the file in the mod alpha remix?
It makes a big difference what mod do I use?

I know the _ini.big, _sound.big, and _data.big have english folders. I think Art will be OK as is.

screenshots will have to wait for a while, I can't do that part from work. But if you go to the "Modding Q&A" topic there are some tutorials on exactly this kind of stuff.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

stop stop stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it like you've done and it worked ........

I thank you and your mod will play a long time ......

thank you that you have solved the problem I'm over the moon

thx

#12 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

stop stop stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it like you've done and it worked ........

I thank you and your mod will play a long time ......

thank you that you have solved the problem I'm over the moon

thx

I'm glad to hear that. Enjoy.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users