Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hey all, and a late Meriadoc Brandybuck to you all! :p

I hope you all enjoyed the last few days and spent them with loved ones, and not on a 11-hour flight like one of my brothers :p Today I've got a small update for you.
As some of you might already know, I've recently been involved in a new project, The Peloponnesian Wars. That mod is for BFME2, and I enjoy working on that.
That does not mean however, that I have left T4A for the kath hounds, by no means!

Today I've been working, or rather, re-working on Morgon, the Captain of the Citadel Guards. The reason for this is simple: I am getting rid of the Captain unit for the various factions. They have no purpose in the mod in reality, even though they are Captains. I just don't think they fit as a single unit in the fighting. They are not that strong or unique, and I believe that heroes will be enough to keep the armies going. Because I liked the concept of the Gondor Captains however, I decided to add more of them into Morgon, who himself is a Captain.

Posted Image
As you'll notice, he has a Sword-n-Shield\Bow toggle, something that I've wanted since I saw the animations cahik made for Einar, the fictional captain of Esgaroth (or Dale?) in RA back in the days.

That was all I had planned for today, when I remembered about a certain Archery Range I had made not too long ago. I was certain I had showed it before, but seeing through the forums and ModDB I didn't find it. So here it is;
Posted Image
I was actually quite pleased with that, and hope you'll be too. The reason I like it so much is probably because it reminds me of the Mediterrean\Arab culture's Archery Range in AoE2, one of my favorite games of all time! I'll leave it to you to figure out yourselves what models are tied to which rank :)

That's all for this time, you'll have to wait 'till next your for another update!
Cheers

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#2 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:59 AM

Looking good, I like that Archery Range!

#3 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

I also like the archery range. It has a very nice stonework texture. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

Very pretty, Lauri!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#5 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

That archery range looks really nice. That's a great stone texture you've got there. Morgon looks good though I have two issues with him. Firstly, I'd say that the *plume?* looks kinda odd. I don't really see how the black sections really make sense on a solid metal helmet...I just can't figure out what material they're supposed to be. My second thing is really minor: I'd say the cloak sticks out a bit too much at the top. The way it is now, it sorta looks like a cloak-hood hybrid. Other than that, it looks great.

Edited by Yarrum, 30 December 2010 - 11:31 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for feedback :xcahik_:
Yeah, it looks like a hybrid, you're right about that.. I'll size it down when I get time!
The plume is attached to a metal edge, or whatever, that is again attached to the helmet. Like the beige colour thingie here

And if you mean what material the plume itself is, then you're asking the wrong person.. I don't know what a plume is made of, I just think it looks cool :thumbsupsmiley:
And it's simply black and white "whatever materials", they're not made of actual metal if that's what you're thinking (the white part might look metal'ish, I'll admit)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

Yes, I love the archery range. Definitely brings back memories of AoE2.
Greetings, community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users