This topic will include all the the changes made in the fourth version of The Elven Alliance: Community Edition. Everything, including suggestions, bugs, AI changes, campaign changes, and anything else in relation to concerns with the mod should be posted here.
• Rohan Royal Guards now have a fire arrow tip object in their model (credit: Rob38)
• Aragorn now uses three different skins. For the campaign, his skin changes based on where the player is at in the campaign. For skirmish multiplayer, Aragorn starts off with his Fellowship outfit. At level 7, he changes into his Helm’s Deep outfit. On level 9, he changes into his black gate outfit (credit: EA and Rob38).
• Yeoman archers now have higher resolution textures (credit: EA and Rob38).
• Significantly increased time it takes before hard AI will start purchasing unit upgrades.
• Revamped and enhanced AI’s structure building logic for increased difficulty. All difficulties (easy, medium, and hard) have been adjusted.
• Hard AI now only receives a 500 credit boost at the beginning (used to be 2000 or more).
• Hard AI’s money production buildings have been adjusted for better balance and fairness. While their money production capacity is enhanced, the enhancement has been reduced significantly.
• The AI now uses their hero’s experiencing boosting abilities.
• The Berserker should now be able to target a deployed mine.
• The Balrog does not remain idle as much anymore.
General Bugs and Fixes:
• Elven Base Defense Flets can now shoot arrows over the Elven Walls.
• Hama now gains a +25% armor and +25% attack bonus when near Theoden (he never received the bonus before).
• Amroth's Knights had no crush weapon! As such, they did no damage when charging! They now do 40 damage.
• On the living world map, Rohan Royal Guards and Eorlingas are now included in the player’s army numbers.
• The opposing forces in skirmish (non-story) maps have been adjusted to better counterattack the player’s army. This was achieved through a combination of increased forces and different assigned units.
• On the evil Isengard mission, 7 mirkwood scout hordes and 4 more ents have been added to the opposing forces.
• On the evil Fangorn mission, 4 more ents have been added around the ent moot. Also, 3 elven flets, 1 lookout tower, 1 elven hero statue, and 1 elven well have been added to the elven base. Finally, 11 mirkwood scout hordes, 3 elven spearmen hordes, and 6 Rivendell rider hordes have been added to the opposing forces.
• On the evil Amon Hen mission, 10 mirkwood scout hordes, 3 elven spearmen hordes, and 2 Amroth Knight hordes have been added to the opposing forces.
• On the evil Edoras mission, 2 rohirrim hordes, 2 rohirrim archer hordes,
• On the evil Helm’s Deep mission, a level 8 Haldir has been added to the map.
• On the hard difficulty of the evil Helm’s Deep mission, all starting units for Rohan (8 elven warrior hordes, 9 yeoman archer hordes, 3 peasant hordes, 3 rohirrim hordes) are now fully upgraded.
• On the evil Minas Tirith mission, the army of the dead has a spawn time of two minutes before fading out (used to be 25 seconds).
• On the good Fangorn mission, Ugluk starts the mission at level 5.
Reverted good Black Gate mission back to original TEA version as there were errors in the map in the TEA:CE version.
Incorrect Text Strings:
• Reworked entire text string document to remove duplicates and provide better detailed descriptions for the Elves.
Elven Faction Balance Changes:
• Elven Mist spellbook power now provides +50% armor, +50% damage, and +20% speed bonus to nearby infantry and cavalry.
• Glorfindel’s passive leadership now only provides a +15% armor boost (by mistake, it was +115%).
• Celeborn’s passive leadership now only provides a +50% heal rate to nearby heroes (used to be 150%).
• Haldir’s Elven Swordsmen ability now only provides a 50% armor boost (used to be 100%).
• Arwen Loudwater Fury attack damage has been adjusted to match Elrond’s Power of the Bruinen attack damage.
Other Faction Balance Changes:
• Balrog life timer has increased from 40 seconds to 50 seconds.
• Ugluk’s passive leadership now provides a 20% speed bonus to Uruk-hai (used to be 10%).
• Both of Merry’s and Pippin’s armor upgrades now provide a uniform 10% armor boost to all damage types.
• All new maps added to mod can now be played in multiplayer (a file location error only allowed maps to be played in single player skirmish).
• All maps now have five different camera views (general, commander, unit, ground, and aerial).
• Fixed error that caused the mod to not run in patch 1.06
Edited by Rob38, 21 April 2014 - 12:15 AM.