Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

2 join forces of Mordor for Minastirit campaign of evil
4 I propose the level 5 Isengard Ugluk good company Fangorn
5 You can increase the number of units of goblins in Moria Lothlorien vkompanii good?
thanks

2. Well, I will have to look into that. I'm not too familiar with living world coding, but there probably is a way to force both armies to join forces at MT.
4. Sounds like a good proposal to me.
5. I thought Celeglin already increased the number of goblins in both missions? ;) Nevertheless, I can always add more if desired.

where can I find the changes to easy-AI? :p

Easy AI didn't really change. The only major thing I can think of was having an easy Elven AI.

Make Medium harder also ? :)

Really!?

There might be an issue with the Rohan Horse Shields effect string. The current one says +70% armor versus arrows and pikes. I have no clue what the actual one is supposed to do, but I'm almost positive it's different from the Gondor and Elven Horse Shield upgrades.

The text file in TEA is so messed up. :p Someone accidentally copied and pasted a chunk of the text in the middle of the file. Not only are there many duplicate strings, the percentages of stat boosts are probably incorrect for some upgrades. I'll do the best I can in trying to fix/patch things up.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#22 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Why make Medium harder? Why not just play the Hard AI if the Medium is to easy for you?

safsignature.png

#23 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:50 AM

If we're talking about campaign changes now, then I agree that there should be more goblins in Moria, or, really, the Moria mission should be made harder. Even on hard mode, its still insanely easy. The Balrog fight, especially since it's the only 'proper' boss fight in the game, should be much harder to win. I'm not sure if this is possible, though I've suggested it before, but it shouldn't be required to keep Gandalf alive in Moria. If it could be done, I'd say make the Balrog fight a lot harder and make saving Gandalf a bonus mission like saving Boromir at Amon Hen. If you can kill the Balrog, Gandalf continues through the campaign as normal, possibly becoming Gandalf the White when he joins Eomer's army instead of right after Moria. However, if Gandalf dies in the Balrog fight, the game goes to a cutscene of Gandalf doing his thing on the bridge, falling, and then not reappearing until he joins Eomer's army. If this is possible, I'd say do likewise for Boromir at Amon Hen. Make it much harder to kill Lurtz, and if Boromir dies, he's gone for good.

Edit: If we're following the movies for the bulk of the campaign, Frodo and Sam should stay in Faramir's army until Osgiliath. Not really that important though.

Edited by Yarrum, 19 March 2011 - 08:56 PM.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#24 teron777

teron777
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

and possibly increase the size of Ents in 1/3% ?

#25 jedi7000nathan

jedi7000nathan
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:45 PM

first i suggest that Ugluk should be added to Lurtz's company in the evil campaign, secondly Grishnakh should be made and added as well also he should replace the EA's random Mordor Orc in the Good eves of Fangorn mission, third give Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin the abillity to ride ponies, fourth Aragorn should be able to switch from sword to bow, fifth the Royal guard in Rohan are too hard to get with the population limit, sixth the elves from the Mirkwood level should join the players army because since we aren't talking logical with Dol Guldor being fought before the Black Gate, seventh Damrod, Mablung and Madril should be added to Faramir's army, eighth Faramir and Boromir should get an armor upgrade like Merry and Pippin, ninth Shagrat and Gorbag should be added to Mordor's army from Cirith Ungul, Tenth Beregond and Prince Imrahil with knights of Dol Amroth should be in Minas Tirith, eleventh the Mouth of Sauron should be a Mordor army hero from Harad onward, twelvth Erkenbrand and Grimbold should be riding with Eomer's company from Westfold onward, lastly Elfhelm should be with Theoden in Helm's Deep, another suggestion Rohan should get the Ents from Isengard, and Sauron should be in the last mission of the Evil Campaign

Edited by jedi7000nathan, 04 January 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#26 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

Why would Boromir or Faramir get an armor upgrade?

Other than that, I think they're all good ideas, but I don't know if they are good for this mod or not.
I don't think the community wanted to stray too far from Celeglin's vision of the mod.

#27 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

This mod isn't intending to add new content beyond finishing the Elves and fixing the remaining bugs. No new skins, models or heroes are going to be added, and the changes made to existing units and heroes will be very limited.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#28 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

What he said. No one is going to make a multitude of new heroes for Cel's mod.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#29 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

His demanding tone would almost get you to do it... Apart from the fact that what he is asking makes no sense...
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#30 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:47 AM

Well he does make atleast 13 suggestions. I find it that alot of people are gonna start requesting things cause that teron777 guy made a few request to change a few things, so that may make others think they can request things to or suggest as the fellow about did :lol:

safsignature.png

#31 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

His suggestions were plausible.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#32 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

Bug: Royal Guards and Eorlingas aren't listed when you mouse over your Rohan army on the campaign map.

Edit: Campaign Suggestion: Can you give Faramir a broadcast stealth ability on the Northern Ithilien map which applies to only Frodo and Sam? They keep blowing my cover. :lol:

Edit: Bug: The dismounted royal guards have no fire-arrow FX.

Edited by Yarrum, 05 January 2011 - 06:01 AM.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#33 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Why would Boromir or Faramir get an armor upgrade?

Of all his suggestions, i thought that was probably the most relevant one. Osgiliath-style heavy armor for Boromir is quite a common idea. Faramir would lose his stealth with armor though, so that wouldn't make sense. Either way, i doubt anyone will want to model and skin an armor upgrade, especially as we weren't meant to be adding too much new content to the mod :lol:

Edit: Campaign Suggestion: Can you give Faramir a broadcast stealth ability on the Northern Ithilien map which applies to only Frodo and Sam? They keep blowing my cover. :lol:

Why not just use their Elven cloaks? Or just not use them?

Posted Image Posted Image

#34 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

Plausible? Without losing our goal?
Allow me to proper spell-check his post, to make sense of his demands first.

First, I suggest that Ugluk should be added to Lurtz's company in the evil campaign.
Secondly, Grishnakh should be made and added as well also he should replace the EA's random Mordor Orc in the Good eves of Fangorn mission.
Third, give Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin the abillity to ride ponies.
Fourth, Aragorn should be able to switch from sword to bow.
fifth the Royal guard in Rohan are too hard to get with the population limit.
sixth the elves from the Mirkwood level should join the players army because since we aren't talking logical with Dol Guldor being fought before the Black Gate.
seventh Damrod, Mablung and Madril should be added to Faramir's army.
eighth Faramir and Boromir should get an armor upgrade like Merry and Pippin.
ninth Shagrat and Gorbag should be added to Mordor's army from Cirith Ungul.
Tenth Beregond and Prince Imrahil with knights of Dol Amroth should be in Minas Tirith.
eleventh the Mouth of Sauron should be a Mordor army hero from Harad onward.
twelvth Erkenbrand and Grimbold should be riding with Eomer's company from Westfold onward.
lastly Elfhelm should be with Theoden in Helm's Deep, another suggestion Rohan should get the Ents from Isengard, and Sauron should be in the last mission of the Evil Campaign

Allow me to stress that his last demand consists of three demands, making it a total of 15 demands, all on demanding tone with "Should be added" and "Should be made". Who is going to? If Rob would even attempt it, I would personally fly over and smack Rob at the back of the head, only to fly back.

So, a list of what should be made first, before programming it into the campaign:
-Grishnahk
-Frodo on pony
-Sam on pony
-Pippin on pony
-Merry on pony
-Aragorn with bow anims?
-Damrod
-Mablung
-Madril
-Boromir upgrade
-Faramir upgrade
-Shagrat
-Gorbag
-Beregond
-Imrahil
-KoDA
-Mouth of Sauron
-Erkenbrand
-Grimbold
-Elfhelm

With this list, I rest my case. No one is going to do this, and I find his tone a bit offensive. *period*
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#35 teron777

teron777
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

Well he does make atleast 13 suggestions. I find it that alot of people are gonna start requesting things cause that teron777 guy made a few request to change a few things, so that may make others think they can request things to or suggest as the fellow about did :lol:

at my request has not been creating new ones, I wish that you would have changed a little company of good and evil One unit of those who already own the game. And do not add new One unit I understand that this requires new textures ..... :lol:

#36 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:22 PM

With this list, I rest my case. No one is going to do this, and I find his tone a bit offensive. *period*

No one ever said it was going to be done. And the ideas are plausible, but like I said, not for this mod.

Calm down killer. Don't get so worked up, over something so trivial. :lol:

Edited by Ganon, 05 January 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#37 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Plausible? Without losing our goal?

I was referring to the other suggestions before, by teron777. Which were in fact plausible. These ones I completely agree are ridiculous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#38 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

These ideas are ridiculous? How so?

First, I suggest that Ugluk should be added to Lurtz's company in the evil campaign.
Secondly, Grishnakh should be made and added as well also he should replace the EA's random Mordor Orc in the Good eves of Fangorn mission.
Third, give Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin the abillity to ride ponies.
Fourth, Aragorn should be able to switch from sword to bow.
Fifth, the Royal guard in Rohan are too hard to get with the population limit.
Sixth, the elves from the Mirkwood level should join the players army because since we aren't talking logical with Dol Guldor being fought before the Black Gate.
Seventh, Damrod, Mablung and Madril should be added to Faramir's army.
Eighth, Faramir and Boromir should get an armor upgrade like Merry and Pippin.----------Note: Merry and Pippin actually did get new armor.
Ninth, Shagrat and Gorbag should be added to Mordor's army from Cirith Ungul.
Tenth, Beregond and Prince Imrahil with knights of Dol Amroth should be in Minas Tirith.
Eleventh, the Mouth of Sauron should be a Mordor army hero from Harad onward.
Twelvth, Erkenbrand and Grimbold should be riding with Eomer's company from Westfold onward.
Thirteenth, Elfhelm should be with Theoden in Helm's Deep
Fourteenth, Rohan should get the Ents from Isengard
Fifteenth, Sauron should be in the last mission of the Evil Campaign.

The ideas themselves are, in my opinion, good ideas. Just not for this mod.
BUT, if you were to make a mod that follows the BOOKS......I just don't see how anyone thinks they are ridiculous. The ones not marked off anyway...

Edited by Ganon, 05 January 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#39 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

Fine, as you said they're fine ideas for another mod, but not for TEA.

#40 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

There is no such thing as a stupic idea, only stupid answers

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic