CnC Mental Omega-IMPORTANT:lag issues

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GAMMA47

GAMMA47
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:53 PM

This games wonderful.....problem is.....the computer builds way to many units and just makes them sit in the base.....THEN THEY BUILD EVEN MORE FOR ATTACKING......i never have that many units in a base like that.....so....why make the computer do it....it just slows down the game and makes it almost unplayable.....i could be in a good round but then it starts to slow down.....can you find a way to stop it from lagging....or make the computer do something with its units......plz?

Edited by GAMMA47, 29 December 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#2 Timberwolf

Timberwolf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

I haven't noticed any AI lag. I play skirmish and LAN and don't have that problem. hm. I out build the AI sometimes and even with AI + me or AI + AI + me + brother, neither one of us get that. Could it be your computer (not saying it is but could possibly be)...

#3 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

probably your computer
cause it also laggs mine lol

and the mass amounts of units does make it harder to beat him, am I right

#4 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts
  •  Each post handcrafted for the discerning reader.

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

3.0 will feature better AI coding, so hopefully resolving most problems with unit clogging, though it is almost impossible to completely remove this issue.

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

AI is always a big lag problem, especially regarding base defence teams. Path finding causes lag issues. Should only really occur when youve got a load of AIs late game though, but yeah it's not really your computer. YR performance really doesn't increase much from the minimum specs.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 iamyou

iamyou
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Having this in skirmish also, big issue, Computer builds 30 or so police vans and lets them sit in base, clogging up there production and movement so they just sit there until you destroy them. Fine maybe if these vans where put to use but they're just a wall of noise when you get anywhere near their base.

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

INSTALL NPSE!!

Edited by Speeder, 12 January 2011 - 07:43 PM.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#8 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

That also solves the campaign selector menu. ;)

#9 iamyou

iamyou
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Nm, need to get the 1.001 patch to install first.

Edited by iamyou, 12 January 2011 - 08:20 PM.

#10 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

Whats NPSE and where do I find it?

http://www.mo.cncgui...p?page=download

#11 Titan12

Titan12
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I haven't noticed any AI lag. I play skirmish and LAN and don't have that problem. hm. I out build the AI sometimes and even with AI + me or AI + AI + me + brother, neither one of us get that. Could it be your computer (not saying it is but could possibly be)...

Hi,

I have Mental Omega APYR 20psi and Npatch_Se_0022 installed. Sometimes I have this lag too when 7 AI still alive after 1 hours and expanded base to maximum capacity. I have Intel Core i3 2.13 GHz, 4Gb Ram, 512Mb of ATI Mobility Radeon 4300 series... Could it be the problem of the game and not my pc? Red Alert released in year 2000 and I had my pc in year 2010. 10 years younger than the game :D hehe

#12 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yes, this is definitely a game-related problem. Eventually, the AI will just bog the game down. We'll try to limit this kind of problem with a new AI in 3.0.

#13 Aasgier

Aasgier

title available

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

If make your own maps, try to reduce the size of those maps as well.
If you reduce the length of the edges of a map with a quarter, you'll cut the lag of the map in half.

#14 pykenike

pykenike
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

Apart from the lag which always happens with to much AI, i find it quite anoying that the game shuts down when a kirov or sometimes an UFO falls down on a building (garissoned or battle bunker) crashes the game without an error.

#15 zocker4ever

zocker4ever
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:One Vision, Reasonable Revenge

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

not too much if AI is soviet but cloaking of epsilon AI and especially allies AI producing too many units and turtle in their bases causes the game to seriously lag ( even though my pc is a good one) . What I can advise you is, sometimes bring your screen to an empty area on the battlefield, less details means it eases the game a bit. Destroy your enemies as soon as possible to prevent the lag :D. Playing meteor swarm against an allies AI and to place 9 demo trucks iron curtained sprading them in enemy base and immediately nuking them is really fascinating :D. Before what I have killed is 200 and after that catastrophe it was something like 540. :D
also if you are epsilon side, do not build physic interrupter or mobile illusion, if you build them it seriously lags the game, also physic sensors trigger it, and I have discovered neither epsilon illusion units nor allies gap generator units don't prevent the AI from seeing all your so hidden(!) army.

this is exactly what I've discovered some time ago. You notice the difference quite well when building an epsilon cloaking device (forgot the name) and this applies to the AI too of course.

#16 Zenothist

Zenothist

Former Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

The Chimera core definitely solves a lot of this lag. Most cloak lag results from cloaked buildings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users