11 replies to this topic

#1 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

get it here:
http://www.filefront...arfare_demo.rar

once i get hosted i'll upload it to my webspace!

This Demo Features:
-------------------
1. A limited number of units and structures are available in this Demo. A single-player tutorial mission and one multiplayer map "Small Alternate Town", modified from the official map "Small American Town" is included.
2. Squad with mixed infantry types! Finally, the COH and WiC styled infantry squad mechanics has been successfully adopted into the C&C3 system. A standard infantry squad will now include 1 squad leader, 2 riflemen and 2 fire supporters. Don't forget to use the "Reinforce" ability to replace lost member in order to maintain the squad's full combat effectiveness!
3. The classic Generals Ability system has returned! Now players must gain experience in combat before they can access more powerful supportive ability and be granted authorisation to deploy more powerful units.
4. More ways to utilise your credits: All combat units can now be resupplied at the Supply Depot and Logistics Center to further improve their firepower.

Feel free to report any other bugs here! suggestions on balance issue, units or storyline are surely welcome!

#2 Guest_Daviperdragon_*

Guest_Daviperdragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:57 PM

why is this not on Moddb.com ??

#3 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:29 AM

because it's still at very early stage lol

Edited by ravage, 12 August 2011 - 01:55 AM.

#4 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

hey man i have put this reply in another thread to but i thought since it could go in both id put it in both. I love the different units in the same squad. they work together well and add an air of realism. my only complaint is the really low health of every infantry squad in the demo so far. obviously a rifleman shouldn't have the health of a tank, but some sort of thing where they maybe lie down and take less damage under fire? i myself like infantry in all real-time strategy games, but i find that in this mod and C&c 3 in general, they just get mown down. its a lot harder to kill an infantry man with a tank then you'd think. sounds easy, but remember that its made to hit giant stationary/slow moving targets. anti-infantry units should be the ones who do that, not necessarily both. and even then, its no cake walk. above all other infantry problems is that the rocket troopers are pitifuly weak against armored target and even air units. on that topic, helicopters and the jet units are as tough as rocks on steroids. a little less health, in my opinion would be nice. like the generals powers thing. little like Mideast crisis 2, but with a lot more variety in your options. maybe limit to one or two powers per rank though, so you have to chose things that will supplement your strategy instead of just giving players the ability to just buy up so long as the have seen some combat and have cash. other than that, like the economy system, the look and the mod in general is quite good, although i expect that the final will be phenomenally better, but only because it will be very good. chao my man.

Edited by Omega Word, 13 September 2011 - 01:35 AM.

#5 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

thanks for the feedback!

1."low health of infantry"
i'll try tweak that.

2."aircrafts are too tough"
that's because the lack of AA vehicles in current version. you will be very happy when SAMs launch into the sky :D

#6 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

thanks for the feedback!

1."low health of infantry"
i'll try tweak that.

2."aircrafts are too tough"
that's because the lack of AA vehicles in current version. you will be very happy when SAMs launch into the sky :D

sounds awesome, im sure i will. id like to take back my comment about infantry being murdered by tank guns though. its more that rocket infantry cant kill them fast enough to keep the tanks from running over the infantry. i would say, a slower, but more powerful rocket launcher would be better. just suggestions. and again, great mod.

#7 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

one last thing. Snipers, if there are any should be for the USSR, which has had great snipers ever since WW2. they even have a patron saint of snipers in Russia. im dead serious. they do. he was a man who used a crossbow in 1382 to kill a tartar commander who was laying siege to Moscow.now that's how you know a country takes sniping seriously. and while traditionally in games, the Western side gets the sniper (except in red alert 3)Russias where its at.

Edited by Omega Word, 14 September 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#8 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

i would like to repeal my statement that infantry do not have enough health. sorry.

#9 shekdog

shekdog
  • Project Team
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

i would like to repeal my statement that infantry do not have enough health. sorry.

We will re-adjust unit stats in the next release, however infantry at this stage already have sufficient amount of health to do what they are suppose to do, which is scouting and holding down position for long enough for armor or air support to arrive. so don't expect them to work like in Generals or RA2.

#10 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

We will re-adjust unit stats in the next release, however infantry at this stage already have sufficient amount of health to do what they are suppose to do, which is scouting and holding down position for long enough for armor or air support to arrive. so don't expect them to work like in Generals or RA2.

okay. but does that mean you dont intend to make it possible to use infantry to fight vehicles and buildings well enough to storm a base?

#11 shekdog

shekdog
  • Project Team
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:10 AM

okay. but does that mean you dont intend to make it possible to use infantry to fight vehicles and buildings well enough to storm a base?

No it doesn't. What I meant was missile guys being able to demolish an entire battlion of tanks with just a few men, or holding down position like crazy when en masse, such as the G.I.s in RA2. I think missile soldiers in the current version are strong enough to be of use when mixed with other units, but they cannot be invincible against amour like in Generals, or they'd be potential gamebreakers.

Edited by shekdog, 14 September 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#12 Omega Word

Omega Word
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

well yeah they are in real life. a couple of guys in cover and with up to date weaponry can destroy an entire battalion. in my mind i think the best way to even out rocket troops is vulnerability to infantry and a very slow, but powerful attack. they are also sometimes inaccurate,but im not sure how well that can be factored into C&C 3. but its jus my opinion so i leave it in your hands

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users