Photo

The first demo of Alternate Warfare is finally out!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

the long wait is over, get it right now:

http://www.filefront...arfare_demo.rar

once i get hosted i'll upload it to my webspace.

Game platform: Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars 1.9

Developer: Ravage

E-mail: ravagecn@gmail.com

Description:
------------
Welcome to the first public release DEMO of Alternate Warfare! Alternate Warfare is a Total Conversion on C&C3 engine, the background story is set in the Cold War era in a different timeline, in which the experimental weapons that never practically saw service are granted a chance to prove themselves in the battlefield. As the Commander, you will have to battle through a series of campaigns dating from regional conflict in the 70s to a full-scale nuclear war in the mid-90s, make use of these new weapons wisely in order to emerge victorious in this Alternate Warfare.

This Demo Features:
-------------------
1. Squad with mixed infantry types! Finally,the COH and WiC styled infantry squad mechanics has been successfully adopted into the C&C3 system. A standard infantry squad will now include 1 squad leader, 2 riflemen and 2 fire supporters. Don't forget to use the "Reinforce" ability to replace lost member in order to maintain the squad's full combat effectiveness!
2. The classic Generals Ability system has returned! Now players must gain experience in combat before they can access more powerful supportive ability and be granted authorisation to deploy more powerful units.
3. More ways to utilise your credits: All combat units can now be resupplied at the Supply Depot and Logistics Center to further improve their firepower.
4. A limited number of units and structures are available in this Demo. A single-player tutorial mission and one multiplayer map "Small Alternate Town", modified from the official map "Small American Town" is included.

Yet to be done:
---------------
1. No new voices nor sounds were added in favor to keep the file size small, all sound effects inherited from original C&C3 game.
2. No changes were made to the UI apart from the Main Menu background.
3. Some Tech structures keep unchanged for now.
4. The blue tiberium fields keep unchanged for now.

Gameplay differences from traditional C&C games:
------------------------------------------------
1. Only the Command Center, Supply Depot and Logistics Center will provide build radius for structures, however other structures and captured neutral structures will still provide build radius for defense structures. (AI player's base layout is heavily effected by this rule. this may change in the future.)
2. Power level system is removed from the game and the Power Gauge has now been changed into the player's Experience Metre. (AI player's base layout is heavily effected by this rule. this may change in the future.)
3. Infantry garrisoned within civilian structures will not be shown to the enemy unless they open fire.
4. Engineer Squad can not capture enemy regular structures , however can still take over Tech structures under enemy control.(this may change in the future.)

Feel free to report any other bugs at my forum! suggestions on balance issue, units or storyline are surely welcome.
http://forums.revora...s...post&f=2199

#2 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Unless you're staff, you can't post in the Guild's news forum. However, I'll create a news subforum within your mod's forum, link that to the news system, and move this topic there. It'll accomplish the same thing and post your news around Revora.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#3 ravage

ravage
  • Hosted
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

thanks! now i'll remember...

#4 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

Sounds cool, I'll check it out. The campaign sounds like a great idea as well... I love time spanning campaigns, and going past the end of the real cold war is an interesting idea.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users