Photo

The US and the world

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:08 AM

I don't believe the US is the right country to lecture others on financial issues. Maybe fix your multi-trillion-dollar-debt first?

Speaking of affording a reasonable army. At least we're affording those tiny armed forces you speak of primarily with our own money and not Chinese loans. Tell me how that's working out for you.

Let me scratch my head for a second here. The same Obama government that increased our deficit to an unsustainable level was countered by a grass roots effort to reduce spending called the "Tea Party." But yet lefties attack the Tea Party and call it rascist and stuff.

But then you ask about our financial situation in cynical terms? That's hypocritical! The people trying to reduce the deficit are demonized by the left. The people running up the deficit are a government that is openly left leaning. Something doeasn't smell right in your argument. :p

Russia!? I mean if you had said China or Iran, I might have understood where it came from, but Russia?!? The Russians would rather join the European Union than attack it. We are not living in the 1960s anymore. The only way Russia is an "enemy" is when they pull political stunts with the gas exports.

Why don't you ask the Georgians how they feel about your comment...

Dream on... But lock your door before you do, the evil Russian Communists are out to get you!

I hope you don't grow up to eat those words. My grandmother had an old expression. "Never throw a good friend too far, you may never know when you might need them."

#42 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

The people running up the deficit are a government that is openly left leaning. Something doeasn't smell right in your argument.

Last time I checked those reforms were helping getting your economy back on track. The health reform should in the long run save quite a few billions compared to the old system, the president has a 53% approval rating with 9% unemployment, something almost unheard of in most situations. I suspect the average American is seeing that the government is helping out. And your government is, from the sound of the State of the Union address, looking into getting rid of the deficit, and they are asking everyone for help on it.

I hope you don't grow up to eat those words. My grandmother had an old expression. "Never throw a good friend too far, you may never know when you might need them."

Good quote. I suspect that Russia might see another revolt in the style of what we are seeing down in the middle-east these days, when they grow tired of the kleptocracy and the police state. I don't see a reason why Russia would be interested in expanding anymore now though, they got tons of raw materials just where they are, what they need are educated workers.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users