No replies to this topic

#1 Pjupe

Pjupe
  • New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Projects:ProGen AI&Balance Patch

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Hey guys,

I like Zero Hours and I like it even more with the popular "ProGen" (2.6) Mod, created by Deezire. This mod's disadvantage is it's stupid AI so I've searched for better AI scripts and I've found one (AEI's advanced AI mod). The problem: it's not fully compatible to PG or other mods and so I my project "PG AI&Balance Patch" started. I didn't only work on Skirmish scripting, I also did some Balance patching (like it was done in the 1.06 balance patch).
Most of the changes work but there are some problems left:
[used: Worldbuilder for 1.04, ProGen 2.6 INI, AEI's Advanced AI Mod]

Bugs:
1. AI has problems to use Daisy Cutter (Fuel Bomb) or the MOAB upgrade. I've already tried to fix it but without success. The AI has also problems to use the PG special power "Nuke Drop" (Nuke) and "Demoralize" (all GLA) correctly. This powers are used against the AI itself but it's scripted corretly I guess. I also think that some powers aren't used (like the Demo's Terror Cell or the Black Market Nuke) but this isn't confirmed.

2. The ingame texts are "buggy". Some of them changed automatically, some of them not. I have no idea how to change.

3. I've created a script for the USA Boss General (new faction), but it doesn't work. It's the right name, changed structures and units, added in Paper Work and the building positions in AI data. Only the team building isn't finished right now but that can't be the reason? [I also want to add a script for China and GLA Boss but first this one has to work]

4. I guess the AI can use the CC special powers still without a Command Center.

Team building questions:

What does "min" and "max" (unit type) mean?
What will happen if I choose min: 0, max: 0 (I think nothing happens then but then it's useless to add the unit)?
example: I have a script and added the Laser Paladin tank (it's a tank team). for example: Laser Crusader min: 1, max: 8. Laser Paladin: min: 0, max: 8.
What does it mean? And will the numer of Paladins added to the rest of the team (the Crusaders) or is there a possibility to limit the maximum number of units/team (because otherwise the teams get unbalanced)?

And what if the unit type won't be chosen (like Marauders, Stealth fighters or Paladin tanks) as a general's ability?

How will the AI use Raptors instead of Stealth fighters (if the AI doesn't choose Stealth fighters as a general's ability) for example?

You can download the stuff (includes the files which are important in my opinion) there: http://www.file-uplo...s-Inis.zip.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users