Map suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

Hello again. I have made this map that includes map suggestions to give this faction the same kind of highlight that the other six factions get. It includes seven stronghold map suggestions, six of them based on this mod's tertiary source, the Games Workshop adaptation. Only Corsair City is referenced in the books. The non-fortress type maps are named according to geography, with regards to Hobbiton being at the approximate location of Oxford City, England. And with the shapes of the lands themselves. These are fill-in-the-blank maps, to answer the questions of "What's in Harad" and "What's in Rhun", and the question that book fans ponder "What does Khand look like?"

I was thinking to make each stronghold map follow fortress map concepts that haven't been done before. One of the Easterling Fortresses could be a place where each level down, and not up, is closer to the throne-house. The Khandian Castle could be a stack of wall-rings with elevators (like in Battle for Middle-earth 1). Corsair City could be a castle where it is surrounded by water except for on the uttermost back, which is connected to a straight line of land that goes into a crocodile-jaw shaped coastline. Then, one of the Haradrim Castles could be a fortress that is an octagon surrounded by a moat of obsidian spearheads, in the dead center of a five-player map. Another Easterling Castle idea is a pentagon-shaped castle that has an underground throne-room, and a mix of tall and underground sections throughout the castle. My second layout idea for a Haradrim Castle was to be a series of rectangles that together form one castle, and one of them being a place for siege and monster buildings, and another is where the throne-house is located, and it is cage-like, built with Mumakil ribs. Idea #3 for an Easterling Castle could be one where the central gate is connected to the ground by a BfME1-style elevator that even a Mumakil can fit onto, so it is roofless and wall-less, and the castle itself is heavily walled, and it is divided into sections that are connected by open spaces in the walls. The final Haradrim Fortress layout I had in mind was one where everything is walled by Mumakil rib and Mumakil tusk with molded cement, and the fortress is a triangle with a oval-shaped bridge, that crosses over gaps in between sand dunes.

I know this is mostly a mapping topic, but it is exclusively for the Rhun-Harad faction, and for revealing their homelands to people all over our reality (since Arda according to Tolkien is an alternate reality).

Attached Files

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#2 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Would something like this do?
Yes/No
It is a scrap that I didn't really feel like continuing.

Posted Image
I called it Rhun 2, at least that's how it started out as. There are a few villages. It is desert but with some farm land around the few oasis.

Any suggestions on how to expand it.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 09 February 2011 - 01:53 PM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#3 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 13 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Well, there could be a few more walls, and perhaps a gate that stretches out into the inside of the fortress, rather then the normal "gate sticks out" design.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users