Photo

Chinese Block the term Eqypt in Their Search Engines

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:46 AM

I found this lovely bit about China blocking any reference to what's going on in Egypt. They must really be nervous about this outbreak of freedom demands from the populous. Let's see what becomes of it. I was intrigued by the Syrian President coming out and saying this won't happen in our country. Alittle preemptive something or not.

I was very amazed at the protests in Jordan. If you think about it, this all started with Iranian protests. There seems to be a lot of strife in the region. The US has been propping up dictators throughout the region. Hopefully we get our act together as well and support the populations of these nations so we don't end up with a situation like the 1979 overtthrow of the Shah in Iran by militants. We can all see where that ended up. Sometimes the only people qualified to reform their country is the population. Bush proved you can force democracy down someones throat. But is it worth the guns and butter to do it?

But then again, maybe the populous of other local nations see Iraq and are wondering if democracy isn't so bad after all...

http://www.msnbc.msn...355270#41355270

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users