• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Alphacpt

Alphacpt
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Projects:Codex Mod

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hello, I decided to edit Erebor a bit a while ago now. Unfortunatelly, when i played this map, there were large black boxes floating around on the ground as if being cast from something in the sky. While fidling around, I noticed the same boxes show up on world builder when I click the show clouds button. So obviously, you can see my problem, it's the clouds causing the boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been trying to fix this for a while! (PS I have already tried changing the time of day and removing the sky box).
Thanks

Edited by Alphacpt, 12 February 2011 - 04:33 PM.

deathteam15 (Most common nickname, don't know why i'm Alphacpt on here....)

#2 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda, Dol Guldur--Unfinished Version, Expanded Helm's Deep with Glittering Caves
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:26 AM

Not sure what wrong there. If you want, you can try reinstalling the game. It won't remove the clouds, but it should fix the cloud-texture, show they show up as shadows, not black boxes. If not, then it might just be your computer.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.

Posted Image

#3 Alphacpt

Alphacpt
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:42 AM

Unfortunately I don't think any of those would help, as I have tried on another computer with the same results. There just seems to be a problem transporting Erebor onto world builder. Thanks anyway. :p

#4 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Do you think you could post a screenshot of the problem? I'm curious, because i can't think why this would be happening (even if it's to do with the Erebor map).

Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda, Dol Guldur--Unfinished Version, Expanded Helm's Deep with Glittering Caves
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Do you think you could post a screenshot of the problem? I'm curious, because i can't think why this would be happening (even if it's to do with the Erebor map).

Do you think you could find the map.ini and post that here too? If the map.ini edits the cloud-texture, then it could be the problem. Another thing you could try is checking the map's settings. If you hit change cloud-texture for any reason, it might have damaged the general cloud-mechanics for the map, at least until you got the cloud-texture fixed.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.

Posted Image

#6 Alphacpt

Alphacpt
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hey...remind me where to find the .ini file? I've attatched a screenshot anyway :p

Attached Thumbnails

• Erebor.png

#7 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

I would think that the map.ini would be in the map's folder. Go to windows explorer, and type %appdata% into the address bar. Locate the file folder for the game you are using, and find the map's folder. The map.ini should be in there.

Posted Image

#8 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

Yeah have a look and see whether there's a map.ini that disables the cloud texture. EA may have removed it so that the interior of Erebor didn't have clouds (being under a mountain and all :p).

If it's not that, i can't think what it could be. Does the map have the same problem whilst in-game? Does the original Erebor map have the same problem?

Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Alphacpt

Alphacpt
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

The map does have the same problem in-game (other wise I wouldn't care about the clouds :p ) and no, the original map doesn't have the problem, it's only when I open it onto world builder and save it that it happens. Also, I still can't find the map.ini, i've been into C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files\Maps\Erebor and there's only Erebor.map and Erebor TGA image :/ Aswell as this, i've opened and extracted the ini.big file in the game directory, as i've heard this is where to find the ini. files (it's been a long while since i've done ini. editing :p)
Thanks again, Alphacpt :)

#10 vonfrank

vonfrank
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:17 AM

I have this same problem with my "Erebor Large Edition" map. It also happens on some other maps to, but I have no idea how to fix it.

#11 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

Actually, the lack of map.ini for Erebor might be what's causing it. EA might not have a cloud-texture for Erebor, and they may have completely disabled clouds in the map.ini. If the map.ini went missing during the extraction, then that could have resulted in non-textured clouds/cloud-shadows forming in the map. Try re-extracting the original, see if you can get a map.ini from it.

Posted Image

#12 DeeZire

DeeZire
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

The version of WorldBuilder that you are using does not allow you to change the cloud or macro textures or adjust their settings. Because the Erebor map has had these applied already, you cannot change them.

The cloud texture that is applied on this map needs to be stretched so that it covers the whole map, and then the cloud settings adjusted so the 'clouds' do not move like they do outdoors. All of this is done in the map.ini file that should be in the same folder as the map file itself, so your problem is caused because you do not have this additional file. If you look at that map.ini file, it contains this code which performs those functions;-
Weather
  CloudTextureSize = X:5000 Y:5000
  CloudOffsetPerSecond = X:-0 Y:-0
End

CloudTextureSize is set to the physical size of the map - so it covers the whole map.
CloudOffsetPerSecond is set to 0 on both the X and Y axes - so the clouds do not scroll (i.e. the cloud texture does not move).

Edited by DeeZire, 17 February 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#13 Alphacpt

Alphacpt
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

The version of WorldBuilder that you are using does not allow you to change the cloud or macro textures or adjust their settings. Because the Erebor map has had these applied already, you cannot change them.

The cloud texture that is applied on this map needs to be stretched so that it covers the whole map, and then the cloud settings adjusted so the 'clouds' do not move like they do outdoors. All of this is done in the map.ini file that should be in the same folder as the map file itself, so your problem is caused because you do not have this additional file. If you look at that map.ini file, it contains this code which performs those functions;-

Weather
  CloudTextureSize = X:5000 Y:5000
  CloudOffsetPerSecond = X:-0 Y:-0
End

CloudTextureSize is set to the physical size of the map - so it covers the whole map.
CloudOffsetPerSecond is set to 0 on both the X and Y axes - so the clouds do not scroll (i.e. the cloud texture does not move).

Thanks, but I found an alternative. I installed a mod that had another version of Erebor on, then copied it onto my computer, then uninstalled it (as I prefer other mods, which didn't have another Erebor map on) and the new map worked fine! :thumbsupsmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users