46 replies to this topic

#1 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts
  • Division:Commandos HQ
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

I am going to work on the update of DP soon. But I opened this topic to know what you might expect from this update and what would you like to be included or changed, like suggestions and stuff.
All the bugs listed so far have been fixed excluding the medals page crash (it's a limit that we cannot bypass as of now) and the dog patrols acting like human soldiers (as that is also a limit of the gaming engine that we didn't overcome yet). But for the rest it is fixed, rebalanced and will include new missions. Also, I wanted to release a translated (to english from chinese) new version of editing tips made by Wyel2000 so that people wanting to collaborate and ultimate the BEL mission pack to be included in the next update for DP can give a helping hand! Thanks to everybody and share your ideas, comments, criticisms with us here. Best to all of you :shiftee:

#2 greeen_beret_tiny

greeen_beret_tiny
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

nice man

#3 greeen_beret_tiny

greeen_beret_tiny
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

I asked the name of my mission in my post this is the name
: D Day: Awakening Nazi and thanks for adding my mission

#4 greeen_beret_tiny

greeen_beret_tiny
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

I uploaded the first mission? well, that was called: gunpowder wet 2. thanks for uploading the first mission also

#5 canstay

canstay
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

good,
support it.
maybe made it harder than 1.40

#6 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

yes, I will make it harder. Is there anybody who wants to translate the modding tutorials from chinese to english?

#7 Guest_Jere_*

Guest_Jere_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hi, Phantom. I have many crashes in the game, like loading a game in the kwai bridge when I use a wire trap with the driver, triying to load a game in Colditz Castle or ending the invasion part (on saving private Smith, I cannot finish it after killing everybody). I would like to see the green beret climbing rocks or wall parts (he can do it in commandos 1) and giving other abbilities to those unuseful commandos. The driver should use fixed guns too. I play it in Spanish, I do not know if it can cause some of the bugs/crashes, sorry for my bad English. Many thanks for the mod, it is great. Greetings from Argentina

#8 Guest_Jere_*

Guest_Jere_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hi, it's me again, I solved the saving problem with the fix posted in http://forums.revora...5-dp-140-crash/

#9 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

the bug when loading with the wire trap used is a bug present in other missions too but it has been fixed:) the colditz save/load is also fixed as well as the invasion part!
the abilities have been modified too. The driver cannot use fixed guns unfortunately because it cannot be assigned to him. While the green beret climbing rocks is also a thing for which he doesn't have an animation so it won't work unfortunately!

#10 Guest_Jere_*

Guest_Jere_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hi Phantom thanks for reply. I'm glad to hear the changes. Those will be included in the next verion or the patch for this is released? I have another problem, at Colditz I cannot take a bonus item next to a corner, cause the camera cannot rotate to view it completely, I'm doing anything wrong? I have another suggestion (I do not know if it can be implemented), in the last mission, the alarm shouln't be activated (someone could activate the bombs, killing the man/men activating the switch should erase the alarm rule). Are you from Italy, I'm an Italian descendant, my surname is Balbi, my ancestors where from Ronco Scrivia. Well, again thanks for the mod, and don`t take me wrong for the bugs/suggestions hehe! Greetings!

#11 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:01 PM

yes, it will be in the 1.41 update, including the colditz bonus book problem:)
about the last mission, could you explain more in detail what do you mean?

I am not Italian, I just live here:)

#12 Guest_Jere_*

Guest_Jere_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi Phantom, in the last mission there is a dispositive that the sapper has to deactivate to prevent taking down the tower. I think that it would be more realistic that: if the alarm goes off, it would be a timer, or some trigger that would "detonate" the bombs and the mission fails, it just an idea. Thanks for reply :evgr:

#13 Madari

Madari

Zero Poster

• New Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

First of all congratulation for your mod, I love commandos games unfortunatelly i havent any original copy ^_^ but i´ll try to get it.
I have an idea that could add something but it would took too much work and its only a personal point of view. How about if you order missions in cronological order. I repeat this is only a personal point of view I dont´t know if people will like
P.D: I can´t translate the game to chinese, but if you tell me how, i can work on translating it to spanish, if there is any spanish guy here we can work together.

#14 R528

R528
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Hi, guys!
What is about deleting all unlimited ammo? ;)
I can translate it into russian for the future generations :p Just tell me how.
Contact me if you are interested in it.

#15 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

what do you mean with the ammo? it has always been like this in the mod.
To translate it in russian would be fantastic but it is alot of work, very long...

#16 Guest_Salman_*

Guest_Salman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Hi GMC Phantom!!!
Great Work on Destination Paris. I am an old fan of the game and it always bothered me why Pyros never released more missions. It was such a profitable game for them. But you guys did the job much better than Pyros.

Anyway, I went through some of your tutorials, they are great. I made an attempt to read the mission files and change them, but as you said, it leads to so many problems since you have to be very very careful with [] and () etc. So I made a small application in C# that could read the mission file and display everything in a tree format. This makes reading of mission files very easy, and it has a search option as well (for example if you want to locate the bonus files, then you just search for CHICHINABO and from the tree you can easily find out where they are).

I was thinking about expanding the functionality of my application so it can act as a visual editor of the mission files, in this way you will be able to make changes to the files by simply dragging and dropping, without disturbing the consistency. I dont know if its going to be useful for you. I can guess that you are in this "business" for quite some time and I am sure you must have some very good editing tools yourself. Please let me know if you need an editor like I explained above so that we can collaborate and develop it into a fully functional mission editor.

Regards,

salmansaeed79@hotmail.com

#17 GMC.Phantom

GMC.Phantom
  • Division Leaders
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

that would be great, if you have an already written code, I can help you complete it, let me know:)

#18 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:16 PM

I downloaded and installed 1.41 on commandoshq.net. In my mision Prisioner of war I see the comando (#1) was tied. It is imposible to pass the mision.
You need delete in MIS file: ComporUsuario
[
.EMPIEZA_ATADO 1.0

Attached Thumbnails

• Dibujo.jpg

#19 canstay

canstay
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

I downloaded and installed 1.41 on commandoshq.net. In my mision Prisioner of war I see the comando (#1) was tied. It is imposible to pass the mision.
[
.EMPIEZA_ATADO 1.0

no need to delete it ,a lot of mans had passed you mision without the comando (#1).

#20 extrano1955

extrano1955

title available

• Members
  • 666 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

[
.EMPIEZA_ATADO 1.0

no need to delete it ,a lot of mans had passed you mision without the comando (#1).

Really? I will be play again without #1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users