#21 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Projects:Tol-in-Gaurhoth
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:19 AM

You did open the ini with notepad++ right? :thumbsupsmiley: otherwise yes it looks insane :evgr:

Well, that could be a point. My PC has been repaired not too long ago, so I'm using the default Notepad of WinXP. Never minded about the version, because RJ's files appear fine to me.

Defender of the Lawful Evil

Posted Image

#22 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

Some quick notes:

1) Didn't post this for feedback really - I posted to inform the SEE followers of the status (again).

2) There isn't really much anyone can say to affect my views upon this. It is my mod yes, and it's my descision. I won't cancel it as of yet, even though I know some of you would like that (for various reasons I can imagine).

3) The REASON the mod is stuck is the complex coding. Not complex as in too advanced, but too messy. This is the result of SEE being coded by Mark (the former base of the mod is "Mark's Full GamePlay mod"), then me, then Sul, then a number of other coders including Geel and Blauw. The (swedish?) expression "too many chefs..." is pretty useful here. The result is a coding mess beyond comprehension, so spare me any Jedi-talk like "if you want to do it, you can do it". I do want to do it, but I can't, and I'm not to be blamed for that, other than possible relying in that Sul would never leave :)

4) When the coding progress is slow, the modelers lose motivation (I guess) and they leave too. I'm no modding adroid unfortionately despite how much I wish I was. I am a pretty old guy (compared to most of you) and at my age I've gotten involved in so many projects IRL that this is really nothing I should be doing at all. I do and I try though cause I don't want to quit and abandon all the work countless of modders have done for this mod. Modding should be a hobby yes. But this hobby grew too big to be a "whatever, I don't care" -kind of thing.

So... you can chill on the motivational speeches as well as the comforting "let it go" suggestions. This was merely a status update, and I'm a firm beleiver that cash is the last resort. Personally I dont get up 5:30 to be Security Manager at work from 7 am (07:00) to 7 pm (19:00) unless it was for the pay check. Also I would not be Comunity President where I live with responsibility over 80 households unless it was economically rewarding. And I wouldn't be running two rather large websites unless it was somwehat prosperous...

I'm pretty sure Sul knows ALL of this, regarding our status. If he would want to work, he would say so. There's no reason for me to go looking for him unless I have something to offer in return. Same goes for whoever would be able to handle this insanely huge project.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#23 Trailhog250

Trailhog250
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

If you'll note he said

'1) Didn't post this for feedback really - I posted to inform the SEE followers of the status (again).'

He knew people would voice THEIR opinion whether he wanted it or not. This is a forum what else do you expect?

But regardless I still look forward to this mod coming out on the 'right-side' of things:good:

Good luck on it (doesn't sound to jedi-ish does it :) ) And I must say I do agree, this isn't like canceling a map or something. This is a very large and ambitious mod to come to a close just simply because of coding. True it's just a game, but a very popular mod nonetheless :)
You are soldiers of Gondor, and no matter what comes through that gate you will stand your ground! Gandalf the White-- Siege of Minas Tirith

Gondor Must Stand!

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

Why was my post deleted?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#25 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

I'm still fairly certain it's merly a matter of finding the right person(s) to work with, as in all projects. If this person, or persons, are willing to work out of sheer joy, they're more than welcome to. But my experience tells me that in all such attempts, the motivation can't defeat the obstacles. I wish it wasn't so, but funding someone to work out of reward intead of only joy, seems to be the only option. That doesn't equal guarantee though off course, as Sul and others might reject my offers. We'll see when (if) I raise the sum I intended to offer. All I know is that I won't give up the ambition of seeing this though somehow. I think, to be realistic though, that we can forget about anything outside the Skirmish mod, such as Campaign and naturally WotR mode. I'm just happy to see the current version of the mod to be "complete" as planned. But it's unfortionaly not up to me, but to fate..

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#26 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Matias: Your post was deleted cause you are not welcome here! I said this so many times that any further posts from you will just be deleted! Please try and respect our boundaries and stay out of SEE forums. I have an agreement with T3A that you and I need to stay away from eachother. Please respect that and don't polute this topic with the same arguments we've had for years.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

Once again, this is not your private domain; I can post here if I want to and you have no special privilege to systematically delete my posts just because you are a moderator here. I did not post anything that was against the rules, which apply globally, and are what you should adhere to when deleting posts. It is usually not Revora's policy to delete things.

But you'll just delete this as well so whatever. Bye.

Edited by Matias, 20 February 2011 - 05:22 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#28 Fishbone

Fishbone

Imperial Commander

• Project Team
  • 786 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing Lonewolf, Helping out random stuff in Lone Wolf, Lone Wolf MODDB Manager
  •  For the Imperium of Man!

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

Leave Matias alone naz, remember.... Sweden is famous for human rights, especially with freedom of writing and speech.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 Guest_Martyran_*

Guest_Martyran_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:38 AM

Dear Nazgul
Modding is meant to be fun ?
I hope you haven't lost sight of that along the way
I played the previous version and it was great and I realty enjoyed it
thank you

I hope you can sort out the coding I have no idea what this entails as I am no coder
but remember if its not fun anymore walk away and come back when it is again
you have nothing to prove to anyone

Martin

#30 Guest_An anonymous fan_*

Guest_An anonymous fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Recently I found your mod and I think it's great! That's because I started again playing BFME 2, last time I did this was 2007. So please continue the work, there are people out there who will play your mod!

sincerely

#31 Guest_Jonathan_*

Guest_Jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

Wanted to say that regardless of whether this mod continues, it makes the game way better than the original. The mod makes the right changes: the game feels epic, strategy is important, WALLS are important. It's like bringing the good parts of BFME 1 together with the best changes of BFME 2, then making things even better than that. The sieges in this mod are just awesome whereas in BFME 2 they were pretty much non-existent.

#32 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

Listen Nazgul,

1. Really, you shouldn't hire a coder. Hiring someone is not good for your mod because he/she may demand even more.
Should you agree if Sul wants some money for his coding? NO! That means abuse of YOU and this mod.

2. Canceling the mod is your baddest option. its like when you started this mod it would be like fighting a lost battle. We all know how many time you spent on this mod, and all just for nothing?!?! Aside from that you'll dissapoint many, and I really mean MANY fans.

3. So that leads us to the last option: starting over from scratch. Of the 3 options I think this is the best one. But as you know it takes much time. If you choose this option, I recommend you to back-up all files and search for every single code you understand. That way will spare you some time.

4. IMO there's a fourth option. In your post you said that there were some people who wanted to code for you, but failed at it. I recommend you to make a team of volunteers and you should all search for solutions. Even your modellers, skinners, mappers, etc. should do this. You should forget modelling and mapping at the moment and try to focus on this problem. Make a facebook page or give each others MSN, but try to communicate! This is not a solution for your problem, but this will help you a lot, because 10 hands is better than 1 hand.

I hope this post will help and especially motivate you :),
I wish you, Nazgul and the whole SEE team, good luck :good: , and may God be with you!

Fredius

Edited by Fredius, 31 May 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#33 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Naz has said countless times he will see this mod finished and I for one keep the faith.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Guest_fox_*

Guest_fox_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

ha i just want some sort of an update, its been like a month or 2

#35 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

If he has decided to continue with the mod, he would be reorganizing the code. Then he would have no fancy pics to show.

But I'm just guessing.
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users