• Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Is MTL still around? ^^

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#202 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Yes I am. Nazgul! While I waited for you I have improved a lot in mapping and design, and watching Saruman Trolling 10 hours. I will be glad to serve the SEE once again, even when in doubt.

I have been working a lot on the RotWK maps, importing them to BfMEII.I have also added a lot of new things to these maps. But I can move my own additions to the original RotWK maps.

Oh, I love this job!

Current Map list:
SEE
Angmar, {Angrenost Vales #}, Barad-dur #, Barrow-downs, Blackened Valley, Coldfells, {Durthang #}, {Eryn Vorn #}, {Eyries of the Eagles}, Fangorn, Forochel, Gundabad Mountains, Gundabad, Iron Hills, {Minhiriath}, North Downs,{Old Forest}, {Old Forest Road}, {Paths of the Dead}, Redhorn Pass, Rhudaur, Ruins of Rhudaur, {Sauron’s Forge #}, Westmarch

# is original maps
{ } is unfinished maps - but I will need to redo the RotWK maps

I have set up some space on my SkyDrive that only people with a view link can see, it is called SEE Shared, it will have all the finished maps and stuff and a backup of all my unfinished work.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 22 October 2012 - 12:29 PM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#203 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hmmm... I love the work you are doing, but isn't importing the ROTWK maps a little useless (no offense!), we're based on rotwk afterall now?

Or are you also making them awesome?

#204 eduardo

eduardo
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ummm, so it is probably one of the maps that I didn't finish. Go into Worldbuilder and change the owner of the gate to Player 1.

Solved!! Awsome map!!
Thanks!!

Edited by eduardo, 22 October 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#205 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well, I thought it was for BfMEII ages ago. But since the mod is for RotWK, I am just making them awesome.

I have added some really nice ruins and scaled the trees.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 22 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#206 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Sounds great :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#207 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Just to reiterate the scale and detail that will be in SEE.
This map I have only done a few tweaks to since I last announced it. But I have been playing it a lot as it is now one of my favourite modded maps. Old Forest (reworked Minhiriath).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Note: I am using RJ-mod, so if you look carefully at the hidden Elven archers then you can tell. Hint hint. hahahahaha ;p

#208 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Wow the forest looks so sweet. These beauty shots with the camera angles look so much better when the tress are big!

#209 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Amazing, the second pic with that elf looks like a RPG, looks good MTL ^_^

#210 Dreamwalker

Dreamwalker
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Projects:None at the Moment
  •  Whoa, it really is blue...

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

That's just plain awesome. I'm loving those huge trees, they really help make things more realistic

Life is Fire.

#211 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

What about a huge volcano?
Posted Image

And here is a quick show how I made the bridge. Scaled objects and invisible terrain. The grey background is actually black in game.
Posted Image

#212 Dreamwalker

Dreamwalker
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Projects:None at the Moment
  •  Whoa, it really is blue...

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Very nice. :thumbsupxd:

Which map is this? Barad-dur or Sauron's forge, I assume?

Life is Fire.

#213 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

It's Sauron's Forge, but Barad-dur uses the same style of bridge.

Thanks Dreamwalker

#214 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Movie Weathertop!!! Modified Rise of the Witch-king map.
Posted Image

#215 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Its a start.... I want you too push the envelope though. Needs to be taller, the ruins need adjusting and the hill top a lot less wide. Just saying

#216 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

Looking good, but indeed as njm said, the tower has to be taller ;)

#217 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

I'm on it. ; )

#218 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Same night-time lighting as the BfMEII map. What it needs is overhang cliffs and then I can start on expanding the tower. If I can code the Rivendell cliffs to not take up space for units then I can have Weathertop walk-able.

Tall enough? Any higher will start to interfere with the player viewing the swamp behind it, but I can go up to real height.

Posted Image

Posted Image
That swamp is rather close. So I might expand the map north.

Any other suggestions? I am already looking at the fancy rock work and thinking about how to improve it. (It does look terribly pieced together).

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 04 November 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#219 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,127 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Use less rocks and just use more terrain textures. Some editing of the cliff should make that natural rock look, but it doesn't have to be that jagged. Some loose rocks on the bottom and smooth, impassible cliffs. It's more geologically correct that way since the rock pediments would have fallen down over time, smoothing the cliff surface and leaving small remains on the cliff bases..

#220 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Yes, I am already working on it. Objects take a long time to position correctly and to look good at every angle. But it is worth experimenting at least. I will get it perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users