• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#221 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Remember from my reference picture in LW forums that the hill looks pretty smooth indeed as Pasidon said. But it looks good as a start.

#222 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Well I have been going for about two weeks on/off on this map. Seeing yours really got me started on the actual hill itself. Trying everything to get the top have an overhang, I thought the Rivendell cliffs could do it but align to terrain only goes so far... hmmm (that's it I'm off thinking again - thought mapping, hahahahaha I've gone crazy - I might even make some terrain invisible, and exactly where you wouldn't expect it).

Regardless it is a good thing you have an excellent modeller. ;p Oh and me as well when I get round to finishing the other LW map. SEE is where my heart is but I love to map.

In terms of rocks I am thinking of using the scaled Iron Hills rock objects (the bluish ones, although I have changed how blue they are by modifying the lighting ;]).

I might have some more stuff planned after I finish my last assignments for uni.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 04 November 2012 - 10:53 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#223 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

You're very right about having an excellent modeller in the team, there is a new rock model in the mod that I used as a base for my hill, without it I wouldn't have been as far as I am now. And I'm honoured to hear that my map inspired you to work on yours again haha :p.

#224 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Firstborn
  •  The Bolicious T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

In terms of rocks I am thinking of using the scaled Iron Hills rock objects (the bluish ones, although I have changed how blue they are by modifying the lighting ;]).

You can change objects' colour via map.ini if it would be easier.

left64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruayp.pngAotF.pngright64_by_obsidianlake-d5ruf44.png

#225 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, how?

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#226 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

If there is an existing texture in game, you can give it to that object. Remind me in our PM later, and I will post it, but i'm not on my computer right now.

#227 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Ah, yes I remember that, but I found it easier to change the object's colour in the lighting, as I want to keep the texture.

#228 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

Okay this map is a secret for now. See if you can guess which original map I have renamed and am re-doing (I think I already have permission on this ;p ). It will be a lovely mirror map.

Posted Image

#229 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Iron Hills?

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#230 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Yep, this will also be the last image I put in here. I will follow NJM's style of map showcasing from now on.

Did the boars help you guess?

#231 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,438 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Nope, the Name:IronHills at the end of the text at the bottom gave it away :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#232 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

HAHA! The bottom does give it away. Looks nice though. Is this an edit of the original map or an all new creation? Ive always wanted to rename the vanilla "Iron Hills" to "Carnen" and retexture the river to give it a red look. Then make an all new stronghold for the dwarves entitled "Iron Hills".

#233 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

By the way I love the Iron Hills rocks and have used them in the past in locations other than the Iron Hills. ;p Ha ha, I should be more careful next time.

Well if you don't like this Iron Hills fortress then you can always make your own. ;p I have started work on the renamed Carnen River and am making the river run red...

Iron Hills is an all new creation and it will be a mirror map (same on both sides). Just one question (I will be making it's own topic when I am ready to show it off again) should I make it three players with one player in the fortress or two players with one of Namo's mini fortress ideas?

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 27 November 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#234 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

I was just stating what I had in mind for the future. Im not throwing out your map. What youve done so far looks awesome. Besides If we really wanna broaden our dwarven kingdoms.... theres always Belegost and Nogrod.

#235 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Ha ha, I do hope you like this map. Weathertop is being difficult and so is the underground map so I decided to make a mirror map that I can play multi-player with my friends.

#236 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

There's nothing wrong with mirror maps. I went ahead and started belegost. Had an idea rattling around that I just had to put to the map. I know that frustration feeling with maps. Sometimes its good to bounce around different projects to keep things from getting stale.

What's giving you trouble on weather top?

#237 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Not being able to get the look that I want with it. ;p

#238 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hahaha!

#239 thorin234

thorin234

A King in Exile

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Projects:Khazad-Dum Map pack; War of the Valar, The Hobbit Total Conversion
  •  The one that will take each and every one of these dwarves over an army.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Here is a picture of Gundabad. From the unused Gundabad scenario from RotWK campaign. There is a large section that is hidden to the player, possibly could of been used as a 'fighting ring'. But I have attempted an actual Mount Gundabad inside the hole and opened it up to the mountainous landscape outside.

Spoiler

It has been based of
Spoiler

I will have to be changing the map lighting

could i have this map so i can make it a bfme1 map?

signature_by_obsidianlake-d5zwyxu.png

Lotalty, Honor, a Willing Heart...

#240 Bofur

Bofur

The Bolicious One

• Hosted
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Unfortunately it would be very difficult, as several of the props and textures used are not in BFME1, and would have to be replaced with original BFME1 textures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users