LAS VEGAS, NV – February 22, 2011 – Petroglyph Games, Inc.™ today announced Rise of Immortals™, an online, free-to-play PC game that expands on the hit Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) genre with new, innovative features designed to appeal to both core and casual players.
Rise of Immortals is set in the world of Graxia, 300 years after the events of “Guardians of Graxia,”™ Petroglyph’s fantasy-based PC game released last year. Rise of Immortals features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. Instead of an account-based leveling system, players can advance their Immortals through a diverse, persistent skill tree, customizing and upgrading the characters to unlock unique abilities that persist from match to match.
In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, manage friend and guild lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches online.
“Many people at Petroglyph are huge fans of MOBA gameplay, so developing Rise of Immortals was truly a passion project for the studio," said Steve Wetherill, executive producer of Rise of Immortals for Petroglyph. “We recognize that there can be a high barrier to entry in current MOBA games on the market, and we wanted to expand the genre with a title that offers new features that will appeal both to current fans, as well as those who are new to this type of game.”
In addition to today’s unveil of Rise of Immortals, Petroglyph also announced that signups are now open for the game’s upcoming closed beta test. Players interested in trying this innovative and enhanced MOBA-style game can apply today to be part of the online testing by visiting http://www.riseofimmortals.com. Petroglyph will continue to expand the beta test over the next several weeks, prior to the game’s official launch in the spring of 2011.
Features of Rise of Immortals:
• 12 unique Immortals at launch with additional Immortals released on a regular basis
• Persistent per-Immortal level progression and skill trees
• Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
• Player versus Environment instances with collectable items
• Player versus Player instances with up to 5v5 multiplayer
• Persistent experience and leveling in both PvP and PvE instances
• Collectible pets for combat and vanity
• Account and Immortal statistics tracking
• Player hub instances for socialization
Rise of Immortals is a free-to-play, micro-transaction-based online game that will be available via direct download. The game will launch with a dozen distinctive Immortals that players can further customize as they progress through the game. Items that can be purchased from the in-game store include new Immortal skins and consumable items like in-game boosters and elixirs. Post-launch, Petroglyph plans to release new content on a regular basis, including additional Immortals, arenas, skins, sound packs, pets and more.
• Rise of Immortals Website: http://www.riseofimmortals.com
• RoI on Facebook: http://www.facebook....riseofimmortals
• RoI on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/riseofimmortals
• RoI on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/riseofimmortals
• RoI on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/riseofimmortals
And here's a quick movie showing the first 3 immortals that you'll be able to play with... although they look quite mortal in this video.
And finally, if you are unable to visit riseofimmortals.com for any reason, you can also browse their official site at http://roi.petroglyphgames.com.